Read me Speedserver Question

What kind of Speedserver do you prefere?

• Duel

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Fortbattle

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Gold and money

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Construction

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Experience

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other (write suggestion in the comments)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Finally someone with a brain. I'm sure most that cry about Gringo Weapons are just jealous they don't have them. To be completely honest , the weapons are not that great , they were at some point for sure but not anymore.
I have them, and i think nowadays Rolling weapons are better. Rolling set gives 2k HP more, and a little bit more defense, in exchange of less damage (that I can get from the sector)

Thanatoss

They are the best weapons for hp soldiers. Imagine having them to ^3. Still easier to get any other rifle to ^4. Personally i rather pay irl money than waster lots of time of my life instead.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
"i would love it was possible" should read, i would love if it was (were) possible
I like the word if because it suggests that something is possible - to love. Of course if the sentence is broken "i would love" and "it was possible" might have the same effect.

"it's impossibleto compete with them" My suggestion then is that perhaps it is possible to win over the hacking outlaws in another way other than depriving the game of 15 second jobs.

The problem seems to stem from competition. Although competition can be a good thing it can also be motivation for cheats? Specifically, the highest level ranking will receive a certain piece of equipment.

Reward achievements?

Rewards for other kinds of achievements might be a solution? An in-game achievement example might be (10) Tourist - sleep for 3 days full days in foreign hotels or (85) Do I always find something? - Find one hundred items while doing jobs achievement

Reward the most creative fort name? The Alamo. We did lose the battle but at the end of the battle everyone was thanked for showing up. I had a good feeling after joining that side even though we didn't win the battle.

The recent comic strip forum contest is an example of a non-competitive reward? The contest might have been labeled "story board contest" as the type of comic humor being employed so far in the contest might not be what the creators had in mind? :dastardly:
yes I missed 'if'

JWillow

People voting for FF, but ddidnt want to take part in the IFBC , what a sad situation
Well only 16 players voted for it, so you shouldn't be surprised that net is not able to support a fort battle team.

I do wonder if a fort battle competition would be a team based one or will it be a speed where fort battle dodges, hit taken, highest damage, etc will be the objective.

As I have not much faith that a team based one is possible. So maybe we will be seeing some type of free for all, ie stat chasers. Though I think if that is the likely prospect, that admin should own all the forts and a npc digs them, as to keep ranks from being a way to sway the results. Though in the last speed there was some very obvious multi cheating in the form of feeders, so fort battle speed that goes against team play will be over come with cheats most likely.

@Poker Alice -damaging refers to the physical and mental repercussions of being extremely sleep deprived(which I have heard sleep deprivation is used as a torture tatic). Now not all experience chasers have this issue, as some of them continue to click non stop on jobs that are no longer silver or even continue to click non stop and not answer a whisper until 6 hours later, so I have a feeling those types of players don't suffer any ill effects, but sadly no matter what others think I am not one of those, instead I am the sleep deprived one, I pay the cost associated with being so.
Though still will say the one that takes the cake is the player that had 2 times as many clicks as me ended up not catching me in experience, because while majorly better at clicking, they seemed to not be able to be bothered to look for silvers till the last half of the day or equipment fails that go unnoticed for hours of clicking(which if you are clicking means you have to be using motivaton buffs, so why not notice wrong clothes).

No matter what players think I am, I very much would prefer clicks amount to be restricted, so that those using bots are not forcing honest players like myself to push past limits that should not be pushed.

Now I am sure Poker Alice you will say it was my choice but the thing is in order to figure out if the other players are using cheats, pushing the limits of myself while watching and observing the other player. As it is always interesting to start being able to tell when a player actually returns to the screen and is active behind instead of the click bot, but as there is no way to prove it beside observation, ie game sniffer can not detect it and mod are 100% not watching anything as been proven it can take them days to respond to a ticket.

Now you are right, no matter what is done, there will always be those individuals who have no problem with cheating even if only hour jobs will be allowed. As we see regular worlds have plenty of examples of those using cheats.

Okay this next part is for players that duel, had the idea floating around, would dueling raids be of interest as a dueling speed. I have in the past seen players in town work together to hit other players, the team work and chats always seemed lively and fun.
So would a world that had maybe an 8 or 10 town member limit, maybe only 8 hour knockout protection and rewards for best dueling town be something interesting to those who like dueling? Or dueling as a team not as fun as dueling individually? Just curious