War

DeletedUser

I really am not impressed by the wars in this game. I am a Vet. of TW, and am used to be able to steal area from enemy towns. So I've come up with a way to steal, or as in Tw "Noble" other towns.

There could be an entire town duel. It would be exactly like a regular duel, however everyone in each of the two, or more towns, would duel at the same time. A big Town duel off.

Everyone would be pared up between the two tribes by dueling level, and by your character class, duels with duelers, workers with workers, etc. The first round would knock out the losers of each duel and then there would be a round two, and a round three, knocking out each of the losing people.

Extra members- If one town has more members then the other, then they can put them in reserve for all the members they lose in the first or second round, and replace them, in the third round if you had any spare members, then you could make them attack the town, say demolish a building by a level, or two, depending on their vigor, stamina, etc.

This would make wars, winnable

DeletedUser

you obviously didnt think about it that much because 1 town could just go around with 30 members owning everything. its a good idea, but its not just thought out right.

DeletedUser

just an idea.... a way to fix that.... each town duels with 10 members or a selected amount, and only those members duel

DeletedUser

no really?! A huge town battle? Like the shootouts the developers already announced months ago and are found in the help in the planned features section?!

DeletedUser

Arent they going to be called "Shootout"s. That would be nice

Maybe even add some revolvers to the game too as opposed to the bizarre muzzleloaders i saw on weststats

DeletedUser

Arent they going to be called "Shootout"s. That would be nice

Maybe even add some revolvers to the game too as opposed to the bizarre muzzleloaders i saw on weststats

there are more guns, weststats is just incomplete: http://twtool.redio.de/w1/items.php?type=5&order=3

and there'll be new weapons (rifles, and maybe bows) for the shootouts:
http://de1.the-west.de/images/items/left_arm/winchester.png
http://de1.the-west.de/images/items/left_arm/shotgun.png
http://de1.the-west.de/images/items/left_arm/musket.png
http://de1.the-west.de/images/items/left_arm/flint.png

DeletedUser

Does anyone know when sheriffs and shoot-outs will be brought into the game?

DeletedUser

Wars between towns is not a part of the west I recall. That may be medieval between Lords of a Castle or Kings vying for land and power, but not western.

Shootouts usually were between law and outlaw as far as a "gang aspect". Most shootouts were by individuals with a "difference of opinion".

Western war would be the Civil War and I do not see a North/South military faction option within the game. Perhaps THAT might be a suggestion for the warmongers out there.

DeletedUser

From what I can see there are only Union forts in The West. As there is a total lack of confederate flags. maybe in a update there will be a difference

DeletedUser

Wars between towns is not a part of the west I recall. That may be medieval between Lords of a Castle or Kings vying for land and power, but not western.

Shootouts usually were between law and outlaw as far as a "gang aspect". Most shootouts were by individuals with a "difference of opinion".

Western war would be the Civil War and I do not see a North/South military faction option within the game. Perhaps THAT might be a suggestion for the warmongers out there.

Understand that, but think of it this way, youve been the number two town for a while and you cant seem to top the number one town, and they keep all their money in the treasury so you cant steal it by dueling, a war would make it possible for you to take that number one spot away, if you deserve it of course

DeletedUser

Nice and early in the game to raise the war issue, nice.

If you make war a gameplay feature like Rothias is proposing, you deflect the risk of players making their own war dynamic, which can be messy.

Right now messy is our only option, the closest we could get to 'winning' a war, and also gaining territory/power is to gank the enemy town's leadership, to force them to quit the game, then maybe take over their town when it turns into a ghost. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but no-one wants their only option of competition to be ruining the game for other players and forcing them to quit. Best way to prevent players doing that is to actually make a decent in-game war feature.

Yeah there are 'shoot-outs' in the making, but theres still time for the devs to add more features or aspects of said feature.

I personally don't like the prospect of taking over enemy towns, but some way to determine a winner of a war, and gain some kind of reward for it, would be a nice feature for many players.

DeletedUser

What if it was Spanish vs American forces? Anyone know of that war?

DeletedUser

Lamorra you are absolutely right about people making their own dynamic. So the idea proposed doesn't really work for me. There does, however, need to be additional dynamics to accomodate the aspirations of the proposer for more action. At the moment this game is a race with everyone pretty much running in their own lane to reach the finish-line......and that is DULL.