Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser1105

There IS some defence. The guy can only harrass you for so long before he gets too high a dueller level and cant' attack you.

DeletedUser

Follow up

And to clarify, Im not advocating eliminating the dueler role. It was part of the old West and that is what we play this game to get a small flavor of. Those who chose dueling as their class have as much right to pursue that as anyone else, but not more, and thats my whole point. I went over 20 hours on foot to join a new town just to get away from a dueler that had been sent by a third party who lacked the courage to face me himself, and the dueler followed me every step of the way. The intent fairly obviously is to harass me so relentlessly that I will quit the game. If there is to be no recourse against this, then the game will lose its appeal very quickly not only for me but for others as well, then the duelers will be reduced to victimizing each other. This is a game, and it should be enjoyable for all those who play it. I can see where the poster who was getting the stuffing beaten out of him would want to go, yet I see Ulthors' point also. Let there be a balance between the two. Please?

DeletedUser

Agreed. It certainly ought to be possible for town members to get collective retribution on a dueller. There are imbalances in the game that need addressing. you should be aware that a dueller can only really have 3-4 duels per day and if he wastes them on smaller players he will pretty soon find himself advancing very slowly as others overtake him. Your tormentor is shooting himself in the foot if he just goes after you.

DeletedUser

Or you could just leave the town while your offline...
Then get another invite, dump your cash into the treasury, buy some items, make some construction, then leave to earn more cash.....

Imbalancing much?
Abusive much?

As it stands the only 'punishment' you get for leaving a town in your bank account gets wiped out! But if you never make a deposit into the account and only into the treasury then whom are you affecting?

The two-hr wait window to rejoin another town is miniscule compared to the hrs of satisfaction you have working the job fields and filling your pockets with hard-earned cash without having to worry about being dueled.

DeletedUser

What the...........

Im certainly going to regret responding to this thread, but somehow I can't help it. Why is it so set in some peoples heads that the only ones who deserve any kind of edge or advantage are the duelers? "Keep your money in the bank..." Very good, but what about when you have to travel any significant distance from your home town on a quest? Or what about people who for whatever reason dont belong to a town and dont have access to a bank? If there is a disparity in weapons the citizen stands no chance whatsoever, and I can see where that suits the dueler just fine, but the problem is that the dueler is only half of the equation. If all of the citizens leave because they are sick of being victimized, where are you then? It will be argued that the citizen can fight the dueler regardless of the odds, and thats true, but unless the citizen belongs to a town with a mortician he can only fight on terms set by the dueler. And where I come from being bushwhacked aint an idea of a fair fight. "Put your money in assets....: Oh, I love that one even more. The problem with that genius idea is several. One, you have to have a town nearby with merchandise you can use/afford,Two, you have to be willing to take a 50% hit when you sell the items back to liquidate your cash, and Three this assumes the availability of a town with a store in the first place. All in the name of favoring the almighty gunfighter. Let the gunfighters do as they please, it really matters not when all is said and done. You'll end up robbing each other, then you'll see how much fun that is.

DeletedUser

JamesWheatley said:
...if someone duels you...succeeds because you didnt change your stance...
blingadore said:
i just tried changing my stance, and it doesn't stay!...is this happening to everyone?
sdjx22 said:
I'd post this is bugs and game errors...support ticket
as it turns out, the condition is gone. i just tried changing my stances, and they stayed, this time. weird. i do thank you for the advice, though. i just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same phenomenon, before reporting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Maybe just a glitch then, and loggig out and logging back may have fixed it.

DeletedUser

Or you could just leave the town while your offline...
Then get another invite, dump your cash into the treasury, buy some items, make some construction, then leave to earn more cash.....

As it stands the only 'punishment' you get for leaving a town in your bank account gets wiped out! But if you never make a deposit into the account and only into the treasury then whom are you affecting?

You're wrong. There's another punishment, each time u leave a town, it doubles the time 2 rejoin. So, first time is 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, and so on. That time does go down, but much slowly, so after 1 week of doing this daily you will end up having 2 wait 48 or more hours before you can rejoin ANY town

DeletedUser

You're wrong. There's another punishment, each time u leave a town, it doubles the time 2 rejoin. So, first time is 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, and so on. That time does go down, but much slowly, so after 1 week of doing this daily you will end up having 2 wait 48 or more hours before you can rejoin ANY town
Are you sure that is the way it works?

DeletedUser

really because the only other place i saw it was a suggestion i made weeks ago? where have you seen this?

DeletedUser

where did this thread even come from i havent seen it and all of a sudden there is 10 pages of posts.

and if your worried about a dueller then get better at dueling. and start challenging THEM. most of them have a high appearance which does nothing for them if they are challenged themselves. be the aggressor and it will make you feel good.

DeletedUser

It was an old one that i found because i wanted an answer. sorry to be a nuisance but how do you know it's ingame?
I'm kinda curious because i suggested exactly this weeks ago. So one of three things is happening here;
1. it was already in, in exactly the way i proposed, just a coincidence.
2. you are mistaken.
3. the developers noted my suggestion.
4. i'm missing something.

DeletedUser

What if instead of makiking only one attack against the same person every 24, if instead ...

12:00 A attacks B.
12:10 A attacks B. A -10% appearance, B +10% tactics
12:20 A attacks B. A -20% appearance, B +20% tactics
12:30 A attacks B. A -30% appearance, B +30% tactics
12:40 A attacks B. A -40% appearance, B +40% tactics
12:50 A attacks B. A -50% appearance, B +50% tactics
1:00 A attacks B.

Every hour resets. Though prevents someone from being attacks say 5 times in an hour without any chance to them.

If you think it in real terms, if someone duels you, you will be on your gaurd (+ tactics) and if they some around again you won't be as afraid (- appearance) of them.

Though if B attacks A after being dueled, it resets itself automatically.

DeletedUser

Give us a posse option

if your worried about a dueller then get better at dueling... it will make you feel good.

Keighlon is so messed up I hardly know where to begin

Im not advocating eliminating the dueler role. It was part of the old West and that is what we play this game ... Let there be a balance...

Ulthor won't be surprised that I'm with Prudhomme again.

Today a dueler attacked three of our townsfolk. Me and my amigos went after him. But he's eight levels higher than any of our fighting men, so we get to his town and "dueling option not available." Well, there are three of us and together we're more than double his level.

I know the dueler reply will be "play like us then you can enjoy the mindless carnage" Personally I'll find much more satisfaction taking down a bully with a courageous team of underdogs than learning to think like Keighlon and get my jollies preying on the weak.

Allow us to defend our towns!!! Give us a POSSE option!!!

DeletedUser

thomas you have no idea what your talking about. im not even a dueller. but your idea doesnt work. how do you plan on implementing a realtime posse option? this isnt a life encompassing mmo, this is a 5 minutes every few hours webgame, and i hope it stays that way. without realtime interaction the only way to make a posse work is by signing people up in a gang and the leader getting a duelling benefit based on his posse members' stats. and if you can do it, so can the bad guy. ive only been in 2 duels to see how they worked and i lost them both. im an adventurer. but you dont see me whining about being beat by a better fighter. thats what they chose to do with their skills and more power to them. they make banks to protect your loot. they make hotels to give you health. they make good items to help you defend against duellers. so stop complaining about losing 15 dollars when someone beats you up. at least you dont lose it all, and they cant take your stuff away. so go work for a couple of hours and make your fifteen dollars back and maybe you will get lucky and find a slingshot that will let you beat them next time. its part of the game. the time you spent chasing that guy down cost you more than he could ever take from you.

DeletedUser

oh and if he were too high for you to challenge he would have been too high to challenge you. if he just happened to level up after beating you guys, thats how luck goes sometimes.

DeletedUser

Me or We? Two very different styles of play

Your perspective in only of your SELF

He didn't attack me, he attacked a member of my town. He avoids a fair fight and only picks on the workers. Then runs for the hills.

I want to be able to protect my friends.

But I did have a new idea. Come vote on it.

Should the weak be able to attack the strong?

DeletedUser

OK, fine

It is an obvious waste of time to continue to argue for balance between the duellers and their victims. Point conceded. What is the obvious solution is to simply allow this situation to go to its natural conclusion and what will result is the duellers being the only players left, and they'll see how much fun victimizing each other is.