Player Market

DeletedUser

Basically when players find items or no longer have use for something they once had, they can can sell them in an 'open market' as it were and from there residents of the town or even people who are not part of the town can buy those items.

All purchases go to the Town Treasury. :indian:

DeletedUser

IMO.

New building.
Market.

1 Level = 2-3 slots. ( Town gets 15% of sell benefit)
2 Level = 3-5 slots. ( 25%)
3 Level = 5-7 slots. ( 35%)
etc or something maybe?

DeletedUser1105

Isn't this just trading between players?

It would be too easy to manipulate, I fear.

DeletedUser

Not really, your selling it to the shop to get a profit and then it's being bought by another player to use

DeletedUser1105

How would it work then? What would the prices be for selling/rebuying etc?

It would have to be set up in a way that offered no way of cheating.

DeletedUser

umm you know the tribal wars market trading something like that? fair but not.

DeletedUser

It's because people would play several accounts and boost one up by selling stuff cheap to them. There are ways to do this within the current system....but why you'd want to is beyond me. It's not as if the chicks are gonna be impressed is it? 'Hey honey, check me out, i'm a level 27 Warlock!'

DeletedUser

LOL true true but if you cheat aren't you cheating yourself? NO! lol

DeletedUser

ya that always works NOT use a proxy dumb @$$ [ don't mean that just trying to make it sound more to the point]

DeletedUser1105

There are always ways around it. The way it works on tribal wars is that you send merchants with your goods. You don't have merchants here. Are you saying you'd have to go and deliver your goods yourself?

DeletedUser

this idea cuold tie in with a job like the hijack a caravan :), it'd be better if the trade was via caravan and the additional building "Trader" should be implemented as the town has space next to the mortician! Perhaps 10 levels and each level you get 1 more trade cart ;)

DeletedUser

You're wrong because all things sold from the market would go to the town treasury, not the player putting their things up, the items can be bought by anyone, residents of the town or not.

Yes it does mean people can put items to the minimum, but that means the town gains very little, people can already abuse town productivity by having alternative accounts so that isn't an excuse not to have this.

Example
Market: Players of the town may put items up for selling to anyone interested, all profits from the item go directly to the town treasury.

A minimum of the item would be how much you'd get normally for selling it to the normal shops, however the maximum price is as much as you assume someone will pay for the item.
----------------------------

The only way to abuse this is by selling items to your friends for cheap prices and them buying them means your town gains some extra income to aid in construction of the buildings.

That is hardly abuse, if you say "but then people will make alternative accounts to XXX" well err...people can already do this as the only gain of this is the town treasury increasing, which I think the market would be a bit of a waste to create an alternative character over.

Edit: Oh and people COME to the market to BUY Things, that the residents have put up for sale, caravans for the market are pointless as you're not trading between towns or anything like that so quit trying to make it more 'complicated'.

DeletedUser

I think this would be open to so much abuse, in my opinion.
I think it would be useful for you to state at least one 'abusable' offence this could cause.

Because since all profit goes to the town and the minimum setting for the item is the price you would get in the shop, how could you abuse it?
You may think 'then why have the market if you can't sell things cheaper than the shop?' well that's because you can't buy everything from the shops, the Market's sole purpose is to allow the town to gain 'outside funds' as it were, since all purchases go into the treasury anyway.

If you think Abuse is putting an item to an extremely high price~
If you think Abuse is putting an item at base value~
If you think Abuse is having too many items on the market~
Then you need to figure out your definition of 'Abuse' because I don't see how this Market could be 'Abused'.

So...how could this be abused?