Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

What happens when towns are maxed out and got nothing to spend the cash in the treasury on except imprisoning rivals?

DeletedUser1105

That is a good point. But what happens when towns are maxed out anyway?

There is nothing to do at that point ANYWAY, so at least this would add something to it.

DeletedUser

That is true, but it would quickly make the above mentioned horror stories true rather quickly I fear.

DeletedUser1105

Yes, it would add to the possibility of a long imprisonment.

Maybe some sort of 'max' jail term? Or, uhm, I'm not sure, but there must be ways around it.

DeletedUser

Add the ability to escape jail perhaps, in addition to max time in jail.

In principle the bounty idea is good, but if we can't work out a good solution for possible abuse then I can in no way support it.

DeletedUser1105

The escape option has already been added to the proposal, under 'jailbreak' in the first post.

DeletedUser

Must have slipped my mind, sorry about that.

ANyways, how do we prevent this from beeing a tool for the mighty and rich to amuse themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Rough ideas, not really thought through yet:

1) Maximum jail term of [insert reasonable amount of time here]?
2) Time between bounties, i.e. if you have someone released or escape your jail, they cannot be imprisoned in your town for [insert reasonable amount of time here]?

DeletedUser

this is how I would do the bounties. 400 minimum bounty. Town members cannot collect. To collect bounty you have to ko the criminal. Hunter collects half the bounty upon returning the criminal to the bounty town. Criminal stays locked up for forty eight hours. Criminal can work and sell items for any job during incarceration but gains no xp and all money goes towards town until half of bounty is paid. If it is then he is free. If someone breaks him out then they get other half of bounty if not then town gets one quarter bounty back upon release. Bounties in increments of two hundred for twenty four hours max ten days with a twenty four hour release period afterwards where criminal can't duel and cant have another bounty placed on them. That way town sacrifices something and duelist sacrifices something and people involved all have a balanced benefit and drawback. Any questions?

DeletedUser

It's a lot of reading to sort this through but how about something like this:

You can put a bounty on someone's head which will cost a percentage of the player's level. This will make for cheaper bounties on lower leveled players, but will also discourage big hitters from hunting them down. (No point in travelling 8 hours to make 50 bucks).

The jail time should be decided by the town that pays out the bounty. Make everyday more expensive: EG> Day1: 200; day 2: 300; day 3 400....gets expensive fairly quickly, you could work out different numbers if you want.

As to jailbreaking options:
1) The person in jail can pay their way out, either alone or with the help of their town
2) The person can try to break out of jail like a job (Difficulty would equal something like the town's Bank level times 30)
3) The person in jail can be broken out by a dueler or a town who incapacitates everyone in the town. (I think this would be very difficult....maybe you only need to beat everyone who is awake in a duel within X hours, based on the number of people in the town. 10 member town, you have 5 hours....or something like that. Again, exlcluding anyone who is asleep.)

Collecting of bounties: Town members of the town who post the bounty should not be able to collect a bounty reward (maybe they should still be allowed to capture people though).

DeletedUser

this is just an idea but could you also lose your weapon like in the real west or have somthing that you lose like in grand theft auto

DeletedUser

Some nice ideas here. I'll incorporate some of them into an amended proposal shortly.

DeletedUser

Having the dueler loose his weapon would cripple him, especially in higher levels.

These ideas still allow for the big and rich to bully and abuse their surroundings.

DeletedUser

I'll put it in as a sub-idea. i don't want to make it an intrinsic part of the proposal because i can see it raising all kinds of objections, practical and otherwise. If it were up to me i'd have it.

So at the end of the proposal it will say something like;

'It would be great if captured prisoners who serve their full term lose their weapon'

DeletedUser

As to jailbreaking options:
1) The person in jail can pay their way out, either alone or with the help of their town

No ! No , no , no . The only way to buy Your way out is through prison labor .
No big town "Duelers" picking on the little guy til they put up a bounty .
Then getting bailed out by the folks that collected the bounty , and having imunity for a month .

DeletedUser

One point you guys don't seem to have touched on- the "no one to duel" for the jailbreak. When you look at a towns saloon, you only see info on the duelers you could possibly duel, not the ones who are out of range. So either the big town might be able to make their prison "escape proof" by adding a token level 1, or else a jailbreak could be accomplished by that same token level 1

DeletedUser

That IS correct and i had thought of it and considered it to be quite a good thing. It would mean that a big town would have to have some lower ranked players in to spring a jailbreak from a smaller town - Players who didn't normally duel.

DeletedUser

What if said town do NOT have anyone low enough to spring their member form a low ranked/leveled town?

DeletedUser

post in forums and hire someone to do it? i bet a nice little side forum would be open to that sort of thing.... it would be like a wanted posterboard where towns can post their bounties for people to read and for criminals to spread the word about being busted out.