Trade idea - believ it solves cheating problem

DeletedUser

Hello,
this is how trade could be implemented:

1. Only equipement that is sold in shops could be traded. "Special" items that can be only found (if such exist) could not be traded or should have very high price. For higher level items - higher level shops would be needed (that is for selling higher level guns - higher level of gunsmith would be needed to trade). These store items could be stackable and they could disapear over time.

2. Trade occour in this way:
- players A sells and item to the shop for 1/2 price.
- shop stocks it in inventory;
- then town members can buy from shop for full price, outsiders for 4x price.

Of course it doesnt let people to trade as freely as they would like, but at least we would have some trading opportunity.

I see that some people do not understand what i'm talking about. I'll give an example:

Lets say i have itemA - you can buy it at shop for $100 or sell it to the shop for $50.

Lets say I do not need it anymore so I sell it to the shop for $50.

Another my town member sees it in the shop and buys it for $100. Or outsiders buy for 4x member price.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I think it can be abused.

You could have people multi-accounting selling from one player to another and making money from it.

DeletedUser

Sorry cant see you point. Could you explain in more detail how it can be abused? Like player 1 does that and gets that ...

DeletedUser

Let's say I make a new player and find a really good item that I want in my mane or something like that. I sell it to the store of my town like you said and buy it. Boom! I got and item that I needed that I didn't have to find or get normally from the store in my town.
Got the picture?

DeletedUser

then you could just donate the money you made from the sale on your multi account to the town for it. selling ideas usually end up abuseable.

DeletedUser

Let's say I make a new player and find a really good item that I want in my mane or something like that. I sell it to the store of my town like you said and buy it. Boom! I got and item that I needed that I didn't have to find or get normally from the store in my town.
Got the picture?

Yes, but people RIGHT NOW are getting stuff that are not in their town shops. More than a half of my town certainly has such items. You just go to another town, become their member for small donation and buy what you need. Its not much different. Besides we have trade agreements with other towns too - where we can buy each others items for free (no need to donate).

Trading in this way would mean that it would be easier to buy some of the items, not all of them.

keighlon then you could just donate the money you made from the sale on your multi account to the town for it. selling ideas usually end up abuseable.

sorry but it seems we are talking about different things, cant understand how trade of item has to do anything with donation of multi account

DeletedUser

Why don't we implement it this way, a player offers one of his own items to another town in exchange for the item he wants to get from their tailor, store or gunsmith. The item must be of significant value to what it should be traded with. The other way around is that the buyer can offer cash instead but with 10% additional to the original internal price of the item. Lets say he wants a precise muzzleloader in another town. It can be bought internally for $940 but if we wants to buy it cheap price as an outsider he buys it for $1034.

DeletedUser

Why don't we implement it this way, a player offers one of his own items to another town in exchange for the item he wants to get from their tailor, store or gunsmith. The item must be of significant value to what it should be traded with. The other way around is that the buyer can offer cash instead but with 10% additional to the original internal price of the item. Lets say he wants a precise muzzleloader in another town. It can be bought internally for $940 but if we wants to buy it cheap price as an outsider he buys it for $1034.

No. It would change the game in its core. Right now as outsider you can buy for 4x price (400%). And what you are suggesting is to drop this price just to 110%

DeletedUser

There are items that can only be "found" - the Named Weapons.

The only flaw I see is that stores will get cluttered if the items don't disappear within a certain amount of time.

I could see them implement a new "Trading Post" type of store ...

DeletedUser

I was thinking that these store items could be stackable and they could disapear, as you suggested, over time. Thank you for suggestion - i added it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that if there will ever be trade between players, then I want these rules:

1. Things will not be resellable after first use.
2. Some powerful things will not be allowed to be traded at all.
3. Things can not be repaired and will desintegrate in time. This will give more balance to the game so you will not have those extra powerfull weapons forever. In addition you will have some good use for your money in the end content.
4. No free items, everything needs to have it's price.

DeletedUser3741

3. Things can not be repaired and will desintegrate in time. This will give more balance to the game so you will not have those extra powerfull weapons forever. In addition you will have some good use for your money in the end content.

To quote Dr. Cox
“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

DeletedUser

Puli i understand that this is your wish, but it would change game too much. We have no such things right now. My idea of trading is very easy to implement and it doesn not change the game in its core.

DeletedUser

I think it can be abused.

You could have people multi-accounting selling from one player to another and making money from it.
that is no reason not to have it because those one-off players do not interact with other players.:p

DeletedUser

puli your idea is like my idea of bound items. i think its a great idea minus the wear and tear on the items. and it wouldnt be that hard to implement.

DeletedUser

Well, this kind of thading is better than no trading at all in my opinion as it is now.

DeletedUser

From the abuse standpoint, your idea is good, as long as we are talking about items that a store(tailor, weapon shop, general) would sell normally, and not products found by doing jobs- the seller makes the same as he would selling normally, and the buyer pays as much as he normally would, if that town stocked the item. Details of what level the "trading post" had to be to retain high level items, whether you had to have similar items for sell in your town already, how long they would last... are just that, details.

However, it may violate the "vision" the developers have for the game. They seem to have limited the amount of items in stores to encourage travel, meeting people in other towns (to ask to buy stuff). So instead of Player B buying his precision slingshot or black headband from his local trading post, they seem to want him to travel somewhere else to get it, if his in-town store does not carry it.