Exploration of the map

DeletedUser

this would add an interesting element to the game.

how about if when you started the whole map was blacked out, then as you walked around, the area around you would become visible on the map, so you have to explore area by doing a job in that area to discover other jobs around there.

for instance, you have a sight line of the full screen what you can view. if you scroll around you see that the rest is black. if you do a job on the outscirts of the area you can see, then the area you can now see is what you had before + the full screen thats cented on the jobb you just did.

this would add more complexity and tactics to the game, one of the skills could increase your line of sight aswell or something. just adds another element into the game.

DeletedUser

well every character (IC'ly) would have a map to find their ways, so they would know where work sites are...possibly the small towns shouldn't appear, and only the 3000+ towns(and their own) should...but still.

DeletedUser

huh, im not just talking about towns, everything on the map is blackout out, and you find the new jobs and stuff when you do a job on the edge of you non-blacked out area. the same applies for the main screen map, the world except your square is black to you, until you do a job on the outskirts of you visible area, and then you can see the square the size of your screen around the job you just did (centered around the job)

DeletedUser

Yes but think logically, your character has a map, the map already shows where jobs are, but you can't logically keep track of every town that's built up.

Wouldn't it be better for Fog of war to not allow you to see towns/players that are far away? (Unless it is on the map)

DeletedUser

the map would be black aswell. the map will show the same as the main display but mini map style.

DeletedUser1105

You mean like the Civilisation map?

I don't like it. I always used the cheat on Civ to display the whole map.

How would you walk anywhere to discover new places? You can't send your man to walk into space, he has to be walking to a specific place. It would mean a massive change.

DeletedUser

as i said, you have quite a large vision area, and you do the jobs on the outskirts of your vision to walk places, it also forces more variety, and everyone to do more jobs.

DeletedUser1105

Ok, but I still don't see the need.

I don't travel far anyway, as all the jobs are close by. You would have to make the jobs spread out a lot more to make this worthwhile.

And it would make it extremely difficult to find towns with the items you need. It is already bad enough having to click through every town, but having to work across the map fist to try and find one would take days and days and days.

DeletedUser

dont like the idea. and i dont see it as a thing that will make it more fun to play the game, only harder.

DeletedUser

i spoose, it just adds an extra element doesnt it, give you something else to do.

DeletedUser

I'm against this idea, for a simple reason:
A world has ~70000 players; now, every player sees the same map, completely visible.
If this idea gets implemented, the server would have to store 70000 maps, 1 for every player.

And also, the playability would decrease.

DeletedUser

this would require a ton of coding to implement, and not to mention more stress on the server to remember to black out what you cant see and such. with that being said its probably not very likely to happen considering they close worlds so fast to reduce the stress on server