Language rule change

See thread

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Damn, what's next to trilingual, what's it called, quadrolingual?

DeletedUser

I vote yes, I am an American and only speak English :( When I was in school language education was limited.

In America we have citizens who have come from every corner of the world. I see no problem with a town speaking any language it chooses, as long as all its' citizens can understand.

DeletedUser

I can't understand a lot of what the supposedly English-speaking people in this game are saying. They might as well be speaking Korean for all the sense they make. Is it fair for them to be allowed to mangle the English language beyond recognition while other people aren't allowed to speak their own language?

I feel sorry for anyone who's trying to improve their English by playing this game!

DeletedUser

I have played Cyber Nations, Travian, Nation States, ERepublik, City Empires, and Galava. The rule everywhere is that those who start a guild/alliance/whatever can do whatever they want with it. Noone has to join, there is always plenty of other places to go, so vote with your feet. It is really not anyone else's business what rules a guild/alliance/whatever founder uses or doesn't use.

Then of course, there is the philosophy that says everyone's business is always your business if you have the power to force them to do as you want....

DeletedUser

If you put that kind of restriction it will never be enforced. The only thing it would do is stop towns from discriminating openly. They will just iginore and reject letters in anything other than their own language.

Besides, if you can't speak Chinese and the Chinese don't want you. Then do you really want to be in a place you're not wanted?

DeletedUser1100

If you put that kind of restriction it will never be enforced. The only thing it would do is stop towns from discriminating openly. They will just iginore and reject letters in anything other than their own language.

Besides, if you can't speak Chinese and the Chinese don't want you. Then do you really want to be in a place you're not wanted?

I do agree with you

DeletedUser

i vote no,because i'm not english and i play with my country-friends this game.Why we cannot speak our language beetwen us:mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser

Can I ask why you play this server and not the german one?

I'm German too. I found my way here because they advertised it on a site I was surfing on. I didn't even know that there was a German version existing in the first place.

Originally Posted by Lord-Light
i vote no,because i'm not english and i play with my country-friends this game.Why we cannot speak our language beetwen us:mad::mad::mad:

Like one of the early commentors said, the creator of this thread has formulated it in a way that those that hardly understand English have no way of understanding what they vote for by saying yes/no. Good Job!

Cheers,
Bonez

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I voted no. I think the majority of a town's forum should be in English, and there should be a smaller section for people to speak in their native/chosen languages. This is the English version of the game, so it should be kept English. If town forums are mostly in a different language, then it's not much of an English version. I predict that is this game is not kept in English as much as possible, then the most widely spoken language (whether that be Swedish, Dutch, French, Portuguese or whatever) will end up taking over a large part, if not, all of the game.

I accept that there are bound to be people who speak a language which is not catered for with a version for their language, but if they don't comply with the language of the version they choose to play on, then they may push native English speakers out of their worlds or the entire game.

DeletedUser

Understand the vote, for non primary-English speakers

A few people have mentioned that the vote is hard to understand.
I agree.
Here is what the administrator said in post #7

VOTE YES if you want any language to be okay. (with at least 1 english forum per town)

VOTE NO if you want English to be the only langauge.

DeletedUser

Like one of the early commentors said, the creator of this thread has formulated it in a way that those that hardly understand English have no way of understanding what they vote for by saying yes/no. Good Job!

It got me thinking.

What if there are some people who did NOT want foreigners using foreign language in their town forum voted YES? We already know some misunderstood and voted NO cause they don't speak much English, but there's also gotta be many people voted YES without exactly knowing what they're really doing cause the thread wasn't that clear.

I mean the poll result is more than 7:3. It means the Mods were trying to pull off something huge against most people's will and so they were being pricks and unreasonable. But none of them are pricks or unreasonable, at least to me so far. Some of them are stubborn and over-the-line bully, but none are pricks.

Anyone thinking there might be some people voted wrong on YES?

You might say people voted YES without precisely knowing what they were doing would be people not paying enough attention to the game forum regularly, but they didn't have to. They didn't sign up to come to this forum everyday and check things out, they signed up to acquire a better way to waste their spare time which has got nothing to do with this game forum.

Not a good time?

DeletedUser

Add in the fact that most English players have no incentive to sign up and vote, whilst everyone who would vote yes does have an incentive...

DeletedUser

Add in the fact that most English players have no incentive to sign up and vote, whilst everyone who would vote yes does have an incentive...

So you don't like the results and are just going to discount them ?

Morthy have you read the entire post ?

Many people have said your post in English is not very clear (and it isn't) -this has been an ongoing problem with information from you to the player base.

I find the whole thing quite ironic, and I think the player base deserves someone who can properly communicate in the language you want the game to be played in to be the person who Inno has communicating to us.

DeletedUser

Oh my God, you have to be kidding. I must agree with Whistlingleaf on this one, it has been stated and confirmed in this thread, that your choice of words is extremely bad. Furthermore it seems you are now venting some discontent about the preliminary result (I hope I am misunderstanding this point) because of the english-speaking not voting in a number that satisfies you. Could it be, and this is just a wild, crasy suggestion from the top of my head, that if, and I do mean if, they are not voting it is simply because they don't care, that it just does not make any difference to them?

DeletedUser

If people take the time to read the post its perfectly easy to understand. It suggests a possible amendment, then goes on to say that if you would like the amendment to happen vote yes. I've asked a number of people from England if they understood the post and they said they did.

@Whistlingleaf and Arsdfarg- I voted yes...

@Arsdfarg - Yes, they don't care. That was my entire point.