Been playing for 3 days

and im stuck

I would be grateful is someone can help me

I cant find a raven feather

and i dont know how to take down the posters

Any help i will be grateful

Thanks Andy aka The Punisher

DeletedUser

You can find a raven feather by doing the job 'Scare birds off the field'. You'll see a little scarecrow icon on the map. The product has a 20% chance of finding it per 30 minutes, so many players who are new to the game have a pretty hard time of acquiring one. Just keep setting 2 hour shifts until you eventually manage to find one.

Taking down posters are the same as putting them up. You'll find a poster icon on the map. The poster product that you get from doing the job every now and then is used for quests. Check your reports and inventory to see how many you have, then go and complete the quests when you have enough.

Also, welcome to The West. :)

DeletedUser7118

Thanks very much

Im getting there

one other problem is how do you build up your energy im at 2% and it wont let me do anything.

Andy

DeletedUser

Your energy goes up by 3 per hour(or 4.5 if you have premium). In order to get a better rest, you need to sleep in a hotel, which can be found either in player towns or the four founding towns at the far right-side of the map(one on each grid). The lowest costing room for sleep is $10, giving you 64 energy over a period of 8 hours. Energy does not stack, so you won't be getting 88 energy when you wake up - just the 64. The other rooms are more expensive, so you'd do better off if you were a member of a town that has an upgraded hotel, as all town members get to stay at any level of their own hotel absolutely free.

DeletedUser

Yeah it does if you have 5 energy then you sleep you'll have 69 plus the over 3 an hour.

DeletedUser

Yeah it does if you have 5 energy then you sleep you'll have 69 plus the over 3 an hour.

That first part is true; however, that is not what I meant when I said that the "energy does not stack". The regenerative energy does not stack. I'm not sure how anyone would assume that existing energy would not add up.

Your second point is wrong. If you did have that extra 3 per hour, then you'd basically wake up with enough energy had you spent the night in a level four hotel even though it was only level one. So then what would be the point? If you think you're getting that extra amount, you either log on some time far after your character has already woken up, have forgotten that you've been sleeping in a level 5 hotel, or you have premium and are getting what you think is the base restoration for the lowest level hotel for everybody (Level 1 hotel for regular members: 64 energy. Level 1 hotel for premium members: 96 energy).

DeletedUser2708

There's a FAQ forum. There's also a search function on all these forums. There's also the weststats site. But, most helpful of all, scroll to the bottom of your page and look in the right corner. If you click on the "?" it will take you to the help section, which contains the answers to about 85% of the questions most people post. ;)

DeletedUser4547

There's a FAQ forum. There's also a search function on all these forums. There's also the weststats site. But, most helpful of all, scroll to the bottom of your page and look in the right corner. If you click on the "?" it will take you to the help section, which contains the answers to about 85% of the questions most people post. ;)
Nice take off on an old saying! weststats is a good place, and the FAQ section is a lot of help, but the search function, well to say the least, sucks! It requires one to think of topics totally unrelated to what you are looking for! As for the "?" Hilfe section- it is of no use.:huh:

DeletedUser2708

Not So Fast

weststats is a good place, and the FAQ section is a lot of help, but the search function, well to say the least, sucks! It requires one to think of topics totally unrelated to what you are looking for! As for the "?" Hilfe section- it is of no use.:huh:

I agree that the FAQ forum search function does not always work, but when you see a new thread a day started on things like prayer, etc. -- well, then you know that some people just aren't even trying.... :mad:

I have to disagree with you about the help section, though -- a LOT of very basic information is in there, if one bothers to read through it. I have NEVER seen a post in the FAQ forum where the answer WAS present in the help section, but the poster just didn't see it, because no one ever says, "I read through the help section, but couldn't find the answer," and the answer was there all along. Maybe I just over-estimate the average intelligence and level of common sense of the general population.

I've also seen a number of questions that cannot be called anything but "dumb" -- the answer is right there in the job window, for instance, but people just aren't reading it. In one case, someone had to post and ask if you could get ham for a quest by doing the "tending pigs" job. Not only does this defy common sense, but this person had even DONE the job, several times by his own admission, and somehow he missed the part of the window that showed him the picture of a ham?!

I'd better go, I'm getting wound up again.... :dry:

DeletedUser

That's just the way it is. The way humanity is.

You have to learn to accept people for who they are, the way it seems most of this site has accepted you and how you copy-paste your snide remarks of dismissal for anything you deem not worthy of a real answer.

You're not helping, you're only making others angry at you. Why do you post in such topics at all if you dislike them so much?

DeletedUser2708

Noah Fence

That's just the way it is. The way humanity is.

You have to learn to accept people for who they are, the way it seems most of this site has accepted you and how you copy-paste your snide remarks of dismissal for anything you deem not worthy of a real answer.

You're not helping, you're only making others angry at you. Why do you post in such topics at all if you dislike them so much?

If I'm mistaken in assuming that this was meant for me, I readily apologize. And if you're just trolling, well, my bad for taking the bait, then.

I quote, because it is a tool that helps people see just what exactly you're responding to, for the sake of clarity. Not sure why you have such a problem with that.

If someone asks a question that I can't answer, or I'm not sure of the answer, then I don't post.

If someone asks a question that is not already answered by a) the in-game help section, b) weststats, or c) a relatively quick and easy search of the forums (especially the FAQ forum), and I can help, then I do so, without being snide. I have done so many, many times.

If someone asks a question that is already answered by one of the three sources I mentioned above, then I encourage them to look there instead. Sometimes I may take a slight poke at them, and if they can't take a joke, so be it. I don't believe in flaming noobs out of some sort of general principle, or flaming at all, for that matter, but noob or not, if you ask a question that you could have easily found the answer to with ten minutes of work on your own, I'm not going to give you free fish, I'm going to remind you that you're already holding a pole in your hand. Maybe some times I have been a little harsher than I should have been, but I've certainly never done it with the intent of demeaning or belittling anyone.

Someone once started a thread which said only "what is labor points" in the post. I pointed this person to the three sources cited above, and that's it. I did that, because the answer was already there, and I just told him where to look for it (and many other answers as well to similar questions). I did not flame him, I did not make a snide remark. I helped him, by showing him how to help himself. If he still didn't understand, he could always re-post and clarify his question. Plus, anyone at all who read his post could also still give him the answer freely. Not sure what the problem with that was.

Someone else once started a thread which said that he did not understand how labor points figured into whether or not you could do a job, or something similar. I pointed him to the three resources mentioned above. He said that he still didn't get it, even after admitting that he had worked on jobs before -- that he didn't understand how the labor points were determined. This is a grown man, I assumed, because he was married, and said his wife did not get it, either. (His English seemed fluent to me.) He's looking right at the graphical representation of the formula for calculating job points according to skills, and says that he still doesn't understand why he can do some jobs, but not others. Feh?! I didn't just go off on a screed and flame him for being a total idiot, but I did call it a dumb question, and I stand by that assessment. Not sure how you could call such a question anything BUT dumb.

I help when I can -- but sometimes only by telling you where you can find the answer on your own. Some people consider anything less than a full and complete answer to any question, however frequently asked, frequently answered, or obvious, to be snide and dismissive. I do not go out of my way to give anyone crap, and certainly not just because they asked a question, or even one with an obvious answer. But, "stupid is as stupid does," as the saying goes.

You're right, I shouldn't get angry at such things; you're also wrong in assuming anger is behind so many of my posts. If I'm not doing anything wrong, then I don't care if I am accepted or if I make others angry. But sometimes my posting probably is pointless. Posts like yours are helping me see that better, although not for the reasons you'd assume.

If you (not YOU specifically, Black Jack, I'm using it in the universal sense here) get off on answering every single question posted around here, or by setting yourself up as the self-appointed moderator and moral watchdog in charge of protecting noobs (and others) from even the most minor dent to their self-esteem, then you (whoever you may be) are nothing but a codependent enabler.

Wasn't this originally a thread to introduce yourself to the forum...? :indian:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did not realize my post had taken this to the second page. I don't quote large blocks of text, anyway. I thought you would have gotten the fact that this was aimed at you, which you have.

There have been many members(and are still some) who answer questions the same way as you - I have no problem with that. However, some of the remarks you post along with your answers can be seen as insulting, and there have been a few who have called you on that (I think you need to work a bit on tact while posting). You had made a post in the questions forum that was rather inappropriate, to say the least; then with your previous post in this topic stating how you see others, I could not help but comment.

You ever hear of the golden rule "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Now, I'm not going to be some goody goody and enforce such principles on you, but what I will tell you, is that a lot of what you say isn't needed. You claim that you're not belittling anyone, yet I can still see it in every post you make with the same old text. You even admit it by saying what you think about the questions you respond to, never once thinking about how that person may react, or how they were even viewing their ordeal in the first place. Your posts ARE dismissive; they are also (to put it lightly) sarcastic.

I never said that anger was behind your posts. I didn't say anything like that at all. Though in response to that, if not anger, then what? Spite? Malice? But you've already said that you don't think you're doing anything wrong. I'll go with that.

I don't "get off" by answering questions, nor am I setting myself up as anything other than what I am. I try to help others because I feel like it; because I want to. How I do that is up to me, and that is by telling them there and then. I said it once - I don't have a problem with how you answer others, but the way you answer them. I understand that you do not care about how others view you. That's fine. But if you're not acting like a civilized member of the community, that affects others, not just yourself.

That's all I wanted to say. You may not realize it yourself, but if you listened to what others are trying to say to you, and took a gander for yourself, you might see what all the fuss is about.

Though on a side note, being called a "codependent enabler" was rather humerous. I think this is the first time I've ever been thought of as such. Well, whatever does it for you - I really don't care either. :D

As for this topic - being both an introduction and a question - I believe it has been replied to equally with welcome and remedy, then thrown off by the two of us. In that case, I could ask you the same question. :laugh:

DeletedUser2708

You can have the last word....maybe.... ;)

I don't quote large blocks of text, anyway.

I try not to quote large blocks either, usually, but some times you do have to use an excerpt, so as to be clear about to whom you are speaking.

[/quote]However, some of the remarks you post along with your answers can be seen as insulting, and there have been a few who have called you on that (I think you need to work a bit on tact while posting). You had made a post in the questions forum that was rather inappropriate, to say the least; [/quote]

Yes, lots of things can SEEM insulting, even when not meant to be. Different people have different ideas as to what's an insult and what's not, etc. Your point? Also, I honestly have no idea what "rather inappropriate" post of mine you're referring to, especially since you seem to find most of my posts such.

[/quote]Now, I'm not going to be some goody goody and enforce such principles on you, but what I will tell you, is that a lot of what you say isn't needed. You claim that you're not belittling anyone, yet I can still see it in every post you make with the same old text. You even admit it by saying what you think about the questions you respond to, never once thinking about how that person may react, or how they were even viewing their ordeal in the first place. Your posts ARE dismissive; they are also (to put it lightly) sarcastic.[/quote]

But isn't that exactly what you're doing right now? Somehow, you "know" that I "never" think about how a person may react, etc. Yes, I am sometimes sarcastic. Some people see humor in sarcasm. Some people see it as a way of softening the blow of the criticism. And then there's people who are so overly sensitive and thin-skinned that they see sarcasm as always inappropriate and snide. And I still don't get what you mean about "every post" I make with "the same old text."

[/quote]Though in response to that, if not anger, then what? Spite? Malice?[/quote]

How about "annoyance," maybe? I readily admit that I have a low threshold for incompetence and little tolerance for BS. Sometimes it is a strength, sometimes it is a weakness. I have been told that I do not suffer fools gladly.

[/quote]I said it once - I don't have a problem with how you answer others, but the way you answer them.[/quote]

Well, then I guess that's YOUR problem. Do you just want me to be the worst person on the forums (been reprimanding anyone else lately), so you can be the big hero for taking me down a peg?

[/quote]You may not realize it yourself, but if you listened to what others are trying to say to you, and took a gander for yourself, you might see what all the fuss is about.[/quote]

Nothing too condescending about that. By the way, YOU are the ONE raising the fuss here. Not that it should matter one way or another as to whether your argument is invalid. Maybe you don't realize how patronizing and condescending you sound. Note, I said the way you SOUND, to me, at least, in this case, and not that you are necessarily IN FACT this way.

[/quote]Though on a side note, being called a "codependent enabler" was rather humerous. I think this is the first time I've ever been thought of as such.[/quote]

Wow, and here I thought I went WAY out of my way to point out that I was NOT speaking about you in particular. Oh, and this may be the first time you think you've been CALLED such, but that does not necessarily mean it's the first time it's been thought of you.

[/quote]In that case, I could ask you the same question. :laugh:[/quote]

Afraid I missed your point on that one.

I think I should just give you the last word on this, since besides hijacking this thread, I'm also tired of dealing with you. I've never had a problem, as best I can recall with you and your posts in the past. I've tried to clear things up for you, but I don't think I've gotten anywhere. I realize that my sense of humor can be misunderstood, but then again, so can everyone's. Now that you have slain the great fire-breathing dragon, you may go after the many lesser ones that prowl these forums. ;)

DeletedUser

I try not to quote large blocks either, usually, but some times you do have to use an excerpt, so as to be clear about to whom you are speaking.

Well, it was right after your post, so I thought it was clear enough. If others do that to me, then I look at any posts before mine to see if the response matches up.

Yes, lots of things can SEEM insulting, even when not meant to be. Different people have different ideas as to what's an insult and what's not, etc. Your point? Also, I honestly have no idea what "rather inappropriate" post of mine you're referring to, especially since you seem to find most of my posts such.

"It helps us "spot the noobs," because they post about it right away...."

Posted in the most recent church topic. You were called on it, to which you defend yourself by stating it was just humor. I think your humor is pretty sour. There are other comments, to which I am not going to spend the time finding to prove a point you would just as easily shrug off as your "sense of humor".

But isn't that exactly what you're doing right now? Somehow, you "know" that I "never" think about how a person may react, etc. Yes, I am sometimes sarcastic. Some people see humor in sarcasm. Some people see it as a way of softening the blow of the criticism. And then there's people who are so overly sensitive and thin-skinned that they see sarcasm as always inappropriate and snide. And I still don't get what you mean about "every post" I make with "the same old text."

Never said that I "know". I assumed it to be so. A lot of people assume things about others, but it doesn't even seem as if you've made assumptions about anybody, either. Actually, I don't see where this even came from - your response doesn't match up with anything I've said.

There are several posts you've made in these forums where you've just pasted copied text. Many of those were questions that were already weighed down with answers, the same as your own. You've been called twice on that - for spamming.

How about "annoyance," maybe? I readily admit that I have a low threshold for incompetence and little tolerance for BS. Sometimes it is a strength, sometimes it is a weakness. I have been told that I do not suffer fools gladly.

Then don't reply. Better yet, if you see a topic with a keyword in the title that would most certainly set you off, don't click it. Like with every topic, there is an 80% chance it has already been asked before, so there is a large possibility it won't be anything new, and someone who isn't as easily tempered as you will post the reply you would have had you decided to do so.

Well, then I guess that's YOUR problem. Do you just want me to be the worst person on the forums (been reprimanding anyone else lately), so you can be the big hero for taking me down a peg?

Not just MY problem. Again, several people have called you out on your posts. I'm not trying to act a "hero", I'm trying to tell you that you're making people angry by posting like that. But hey, like I said, I won't force anything on you. If you decide to keep going like you have, be my guest. Eventually you'll suffer the repercussions of it.

Nothing too condescending about that. By the way, YOU are the ONE raising the fuss here. Not that it should matter one way or another as to whether your argument is invalid. Maybe you don't realize how patronizing and condescending you sound. Note, I said the way you SOUND, to me, at least, in this case, and not that you are necessarily IN FACT this way.

Yes. Yes I am. So were several other members who commented about your posts to which you responded in kind, like we're doing now. Except with us, we're going a bit deeper than insult, accusation, snub and retort.

There are many posts that sound a certain way, but there are also many posts that mean something no matter how you look at them. Just by calling something "dumb", you've erased all possibility of your post being anything but malicious in some way - how large or small your intent, is up to the reader. But even then, there are many ways to insert emotion into text. Bolding words, italicizing them, underlining them, making them all capitals, proper use of smilies, proper use of symbols, etc. Something can be considered extremely serious until you add that goofy looking picture to let everyone know you're just playing around.

Wow, and here I thought I went WAY out of my way to point out that I was NOT speaking about you in particular. Oh, and this may be the first time you think you've been CALLED such, but that does not necessarily mean it's the first time it's been thought of you.

I know that. I should have worded it better, but maybe you're taking my post a bit too literally. I also don't think you went that far out of your way. Perhaps just performing any type of exertion is too much for you?

Afraid I missed your point on that one.

You had asked what could be considered a rhetorical question - the purpose of this topic. I just commented on how it was thrown off by a single post and then went as far as this.

I think I should just give you the last word on this, since besides hijacking this thread, I'm also tired of dealing with you. I've never had a problem, as best I can recall with you and your posts in the past. I've tried to clear things up for you, but I don't think I've gotten anywhere. I realize that my sense of humor can be misunderstood, but then again, so can everyone's. Now that you have slain the great fire-breathing dragon, you may go after the many lesser ones that prowl these forums. ;)

Oh my. You're being a bit overdramatic, don't you think? This is just your second post in response to this and already you're tired of dealing with me? Now who here is the hero and the fire-breathing dragon again? Talking as if I've been arguing with you for hours and making me seem like the bad guy. Tsk tsk.

And since when did we switch over to you having a problem with my posts? Doesn't that seem, as if you do in fact, have a problem with my posts, bringing up something completely irrelevant to the conversation? You don't need to have a problem with my posts for me to have a problem with yours. The world isn't that convenient.

DeletedUser

If you got this far and can honestly say you read all the above posts, i salute you. For what it's worth i'm siding with Mr. Jack on this one, but heck who cares? I'm just a n00b.

DeletedUser2708

As I said, I'm done with it. I don't think we're getting anywhere. If I reply to your last post, then I have to correct a whole new round of misconceptions, which will in turn just breed more misunderstanding and off-topic spam. Reasonable people can agree to disagree, and remain agreeable. Unreasonable people cannot. So let's both try being reasonable. This time, you really do get the last word, no maybe about it. Post however you wish in reply, I will not attempt to defend myself or correct you. We've wasted enough time on this as it is -- I certainly have, anyway.

DeletedUser

Never said I couldn't agree to disagree. Though, reason? More like blissful ignorance.

Hell, had you posted that first, I wouldn't even have bothered.

(Wouldn't want to strain that self-importance of yours)

DeletedUser

Logic doesn't insult Black Jack. All he does is point out logical answers. He helps people help themselves.

Ever hear of constructive criticism ?

Sometimes people need a glass of water thrown in their face, so what?