Remove lvl 1 accounts faster - reduce player population, re-open the worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know there are a couple similair topics, but I think this solution should have it's own.

Is it possible to remove level 1 accounts faster? Because a good part of the players currently in World 1 are level 1, and I assume (not know) that this problem is even worse for newer worlds.

Every now and then I see great clusters of players on the map, just standing on the grass. I don't even have to check those players anymore to know that they all are just level 1. People who logged in, saw the map and thought 'hey, this game isn't what I was looking for'. Or maybe haven't even logged in at all.

Apart from the fact that I think that the 28 days removal should be reduced to just 14 days - adding a vacation option - the 28 days are even more ridicoulos for level 1 accounts. What - you decide to make an account, wait 27 days, and then start playing? Level 2 can be reached within minutes. Even players able to log in only once a day don't need a week to level from 1 to 2.

Yes, account removal is harsh, but I remind you that we are talking about a large group of players who aren't interested in the game. I am not saying we should deny people the right to play, but right now people who are interested in playing the game are getting the short end of people who don't want to play.

So I say: lets remove inactive level 1 accounts automatically after 24 hours. This will dramtically decrease the amount inactive accounts, making room for new serious players. Cause we sure as hell need them!

DeletedUser

i think 14 days is ok for inactives but 24hrs nah a bit too harsh if you ask me but a vacation mode should be added

DeletedUser

Illyria is just talking about people who logged onto the game, took one look at it and didn't choose to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its actually 45 days ... I know it says 28 days but it is 45 days according to Morthy.

W-1 had 125k+ and is down to 62K and according to one of the other mods they can remove 2500 accounts per day.

I think they opened too many worlds and the residents building should be tiered to allow more players in a town early on and fewer later on. This would solve alot of the "not enough town" problems that forced W-1 to close in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

still what if you are only able to go on for 5 minutes when the world starts and then are away out etc the next day and the only reason you joined was for fear in the world closing

DeletedUser

That wouldn't be a problem cause you could just re-join again ... there'd be fewer overall people so the worlds wouldn't have had to close so fast like they did.

DeletedUser

You really are sticking up for 70000 people's rights to not play the game when we could be having new active players.

DeletedUser

they should make a system based on lvl insted of what they have now.

lvl 1-5 3 days and they will be removed

lvl 6-10 7 days

lvl 10+ 30 days

its simple and whould help all us active people.

DeletedUser

great ideas

they should make a system based on lvl insted of what they have now.

lvl 1-5 3 days and they will be removed

lvl 6-10 7 days

lvl 10+ 30 days

its simple and whould help all us active people.

this just about exactly what i was thinking. and thanks to Illyria for the original idea as well.

now if only they would open world 2 again, i play on all the other worlds but missed the boat for that one! :sad:

DeletedUser

Yes they should reopen world for a week and the close it. Then there would be a constant change between inactive and active. Its like human body, new cells replace the old ones.

DeletedUser

im all for removing the inactives though as like you say they just clog up the mp plus i have gone inactive on a world and cant even quit

DeletedUser

Yes they should reopen world for a week and the close it. Then there would be a constant change between inactive and active. Its like human body, new cells replace the old ones.

I am not sure this is such a good idea, especially since this would mean a lot more work for the admins. Also this on/off switch thingy could be confusing for the players.

Let the admins just remove the inactive accounts, then re open the worlds, and when a world is getting to full they can close it again - repeat the circle.

DeletedUser

I just wouldn't mind if the accounts got purged, over time they could open the worlds if they so wanted to, but for now I think everything should be focused on active/inactive players.

DeletedUser1105

I don't understand why there keeps being so many 'inactive' threads. They are deleting the inactive players, it's just that they can only do around 2000 a night, because of the script they run (according to Tracey).

They have already re-opened worlds 1 and 2 on the German server, so that shows they are not adverse to doing so when the numbers drop to a certain level.

Have patience and they will be reopened, I'm sure.

DeletedUser3515

While I do understand why players prefer to play with active players arround them rather than a lot of inactives standing there and doing nothing, I fail to see a reason for a new player to join one of the old worlds at this stage. Someone care to enlighten me? :unsure:

DeletedUser

One reason would be to join friends and another reason is there are more mid-stage developed towns on older worlds who are in dire need of active players.

Also there isn't really too much level disadvantage on older worlds cause there were fewer people on them who knew how to get to high XP jobs early.

You'd also be less likely to get dueled on say W-1 (if it was re-opened) as a low level player then you would be if you started on W-5.

DeletedUser

ive just found a big group of inactive lvl 1's in world 4 can't admin spread them out a bit instead of putting them in one place?

d77d2a66.jpg

DeletedUser

I don't understand why there keeps being so many 'inactive' threads. They are deleting the inactive players, it's just that they can only do around 2000 a night, because of the script they run (according to Tracey).

They have already re-opened worlds 1 and 2 on the German server, so that shows they are not adverse to doing so when the numbers drop to a certain level.

Have patience and they will be reopened, I'm sure.

Read this post ^
Nice one sdj

Status
Not open for further replies.