Constructing management

DeletedUser

Problem:
City council is not able to say which building is going to be build from town's treasury. People are building what they want from a town's treasury. They can't be restricted to build only the chosen buildings. This is not about access to town's treasury but about what is going to be build from that treasury.
Solution:
Think of town's treasury like a tax. Is anybody able to go to townhall and take the money to build anything they want? No. The council needs to decide what is going to be build with the tax money. So there should be a management tool for this. Anybody can do whatever they want with their money, but with town's money they will only be allowed to build the buildings the town's council members have not forbidden (or have allowed). This will put more rpg feeling into game (as council will decide what's going to be with town's money) and it will bring more order into building chaos when people don't get it that it's better for town to build one building first and the other second than chaoticaly building every building possible from town's treasury.

There are two approaches suggested right now:
1. Building queue:
Council members will be able to create a building queue, builders can then go ordinarily into town hall, but there will be one new choice in construction menu named "Town's project" (or something like that). Normal choices of construction will use your own money, but town's project will have the choice (as it is right now) to build using town's treasury. In addition, it will force you to build current building from the plan queue, so you can't choose for yourself.

Let's say you have a queue like this:
Hotel lvl 1
Gunsmith lvl 1
Hotel lvl 2

When you choose to build town's project, it will open a normal Hotel building page but with the choice to use town's treasury. After building up the hotel up to lvl 1 it will change the building page to Gunsmith (unless it's already lvl 1 of course, because people could already built it with their own funds) and so on.

This is very well compatible with town's treasury access suggestion. Also only chosen people can have access to town's project choice. This way there will still be freedom to build anything that people want, but from their own purse. Also everybody will be happy :).
2. Allow/forbid buttons:
There will be button for each building in construcion menu that is shown only to council members and with them they can allow or forbid the use of town's treasury on that building's construction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

basicly add a construction queue.
build 1 (hotel level 2)
build 2 (store level 3)
build 3 (town hall 4)

so instead of a builder selecting what to build, he just selects to build?.
also add into this a player list so only (puli, spepper) once added to the list are allowed to use town funds.

DeletedUser

Updated the suggestion.

DeletedUser

Discussion (even with opponents) is welcome. Or it's as good that nobody want's to say no :D? I'm wondering if I'm the only one who finds this idea a good one. (and of course spepper). If it's so then I understand why there are no reactions :D.

DeletedUser

Read the town log everyday and lay the smack down on the people who aren't doing construction on the correct building.

Problem = solved.

Just be nice about it ... builders are already sacrificing their energy for the good of the town.

DeletedUser

isnt this in the vote section but slightly differnent i think this is good but it is easy to do this on the foru if you have a good town the only prob;em with most tribes is that they get people using the tresury money

DeletedUser

Problem is not solved because most of the time you don't have anyone to replace that disobedient builder :) ... and this suggestion is not against builders they can allways build what they want, but from their purse and not from the purse of everybody. This suggestion is here to help council to better improve the city.

DeletedUser

isnt this in the vote section but slightly differnent i think this is good but it is easy to do this on the foru if you have a good town the only prob;em with most tribes is that they get people using the tresury money
No it's not the same idea it's different and I've already wrote that in the problem specification. It's only compatible with it. My Idea is to create a towns queue not denying access to town's treasury.

DeletedUser

I've updated the description of problem so you will see the difference between those two suggestions.

DeletedUser

i dont see the comparison but i think this will stop the town ebig able to build 2 buildings at once which is what we do in the town im in anyway

DeletedUser

Here's a question for you, what is the gain from building two buildings at once? My answer is - none. It's worse than building one building after another. Still this suggestion can be adjusted to allow building of multiple buildings at once. I just need to know why you need to do that. I've only made it as easy to implement as possible.

DeletedUser

"Disobedient" builder ?

Maybe its just me but I'm damn thankful for our builders donating their time to build the town... if they build the wrong building it ain't no big thing in my book.

Put yourself into their shoes and donate 100-200 hours of your XP/money earning time and come back and talk IMO.

ps I'm not saying your building queue idea doesn't have merit but your apparent attitude towards builders needs a reality check.

DeletedUser

hes right you know you shouldnt force the buildrs into building what you want them to build but let them choose it should be who has the right to use the money in the treasury

and there is uses for building 2 things at once it spreads things out more instead of focusing on 1 thing

DeletedUser

Everybody is thankful for their good job including myself. I've never said that they are all disobedient. And I don't want to put them on a leash. I'm in their shoes too, just not at this servers. So I absolutely know what I'm talking about. I put all my money into my town which I'm building with them.

DeletedUser

now u r just being stupid no 1 does that and doesnt invest in themself so that they can become a better builder

DeletedUser

now u r just being stupid no 1 does that and doesnt invest in themself so that they can become a better builder
No I'm not. I don't need any money unless it's better to buy something from the shop to be more effective. I wanted just to say that I'm not saving anything for the future. Which means - first town, then me.

DeletedUser

Ok, it was just a suggestion. I see that there is no response in public so it's useless to push it further :). Maybe the accessing town's treasury permissions will be sufficient. We will see.

DeletedUser

Why do you need to have permission to access the treasury when there is a "Construction of town buildings" log that has been there since day 1 ?

There is now also a "Town Log" that says what buildings a person has worked on ...

DeletedUser

construction of towns buildings log? i know its just a suggestion but like ulthor says to say it like it is there is no point in making a difficult update when it could be made easier to update with the control oer the treasury