Poker Houses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

BUMP

governorofpoker_screen_6.jpg

Western style poker FTW

DeletedUser

I love the idea, there's alreaddy a poker house in the saloon apparently, and the coding may not be too tricky, there's probably some open source stuff already that could be imported.

DeletedUser

I would love it if we had the odd poker house spread over the map, where players could meet and gamble their hard earned money. It would probably mean a lot of coding but it would be well worth it! I would definatly enjoy this game twice as much if you could play poker!

Reason for this feature

* Ties in with the theme of the game (Poker is associated with the old west texas ect ect)

* Fun way to gain (or loose money) obviously the stakes wouln't be that high but a nice little reward if you win

* Would be a fun game within a game, I play poker on other sites but would probably just play here if we had that feature.

Hopefully this idea wont be immediatly rejected, here is a Western themed poker game (in flash) thats quite good just so you get an idea.

http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/governorofpoker

I definately do not agree with the gambling part. A lot of youngsters play this game and it would be a bad learning curve to get them into something like this. I am an an ex-gambler, getting paid on a friday and losing ALL my hard earned money on the same day,, Which meant no food or rent ! I soon learn't my lesson when the Bailiffs were knocking on my door ! So this is a definate no from me !

DeletedUser

I definately do not agree with the gambling part. A lot of youngsters play this game and it would be a bad learning curve to get them into something like this. I am an an ex-gambler, getting paid on a friday and losing ALL my hard earned money on the same day,, Which meant no food or rent ! I soon learn't my lesson when the Bailiffs were knocking on my door ! So this is a definate no from me !

Oh yes, but then again, seeing as most players lose it could be a beneficial lesson. These dollars are pretty precious in their own way and it would be better to lose them than get sucked into a poker site. This is the better place to dabble surely.

The french drink wine as part of their culture and have far fewer problems than the Americans who outlaw it till 21....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think its a great idea, and there is a large difference between gambling your american wild west dollars and real money..

DeletedUser

We would rather they threw away fake money on here, and plus if they are little kids then we should be able to beat them which means they will loose and not want to play.

DeletedUser

Well gambling was very much integrated into the culture of the time and place this game is set, so I think it would be unrealistic to avoid it completely. Everyone else has given positive replies, but you have to make yours negative just because you can't control yourself and/or suck at poker.

DeletedUser

i bet you sucked at poker :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

tiny bit harsh westy but true.. if theyre that likely to get addicted to gambling there are 20000 sites where they can spend their money.. this is probably a lot less harmfull

DeletedUser

this poker is not for reall money but if they would buy nuggets on games like this ( premium ) they would spend there money quicker lol so this is no real point

i bet you started running when the bailiffs came :p

DeletedUser

depends on how much he owed them.

But back on topic having poker involved somehow would rock.

DeletedUser

you could try to cheat too. And also if your caught yo could try to escape. But it would be decided by two dices or so.

DeletedUser

Sounds like fun. Gambling houses always are a hit.
Could also have gambling boats on the rivers.....

DeletedUser

cheating idea is bad.. too complicated with the running away etc. And gambling boats?!

DeletedUser

Yeah agreed I was thinking they could be additional buildings inside the town. But the owner of the town can set up timed tournaments for people to come and play, Town VS Town tournaments ect. Or just cash games where anyone can join and play (if they get their in time for a free seat)

I love the idea, there's alreaddy a poker house in the saloon apparently, and the coding may not be too tricky, there's probably some open source stuff already that could be imported.

Agreed. I imagine coding this wouldn't actually be as hard as things already implemented in the game, and you could probably find a code somewhere anyway!

DeletedUser

i didnt know theres a poker thingyy in the saloon? and yeah if they put it in the towns the owners could take a small % of winnings to make it worth building.. thats how its done in other places i think :S?

DeletedUser435

Yeah looks good

I hope we can play poker here. but with poker its hard see i prefer to play a player who knows how to play because amateurs can hurt you they call anything i have felt this pain on betfair poker

Status
Not open for further replies.