How do I beat the theif in the Re theivery quest?

DeletedUser

Well I've challenged the thief for a few times but I lost all matches. What tactics do I need? Do I have to wear a gray poncho?

DeletedUser

I don't know if it's the same every time because I've won the first time on all of the quest duels, but when I fought him he tended to dodgge to the right (all of my shots that hit were either on his right side or his head).

DeletedUser

um i cant beat this guy either... what i dont get is the dueling part though. how do you duel for yourself so it isnt randomly computer generated? i click on the 'challenge your rival' option then it just tells me im defeated without letting me duel. is this just the way it is or can i change some settings :S

DeletedUser

um i cant beat this guy either... what i dont get is the dueling part though. how do you duel for yourself so it isnt randomly computer generated? i click on the 'challenge your rival' option then it just tells me im defeated without letting me duel. is this just the way it is or can i change some settings :S

Click on "Duel" in the bottom of the left menu.

DeletedUser

Keep clicking until you've won. You may want to change your equipment items and stances, first.

All of the duels are automatic. You will find the actual videos and outcomes in your reports box.

DeletedUser

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's struggling with this one.

Does anyone know if the thief is using a melee or shooting weapon?

I'm guessing melee as I'm pretty well set for a shooting one and he keeps whuppin' my ass. 24 or 25 hits most times!

DeletedUser

i have lost 9 times - WTF!

I have changed weapons, clothing, stance, attack, and still no defeat.

DeletedUser

Dodge right, left, left, right. Aim left. A tip from Talamare. Somehow mysteriously worked for me.

DeletedUser

Awesome

The very best advise of this forum. I tried and tried about 9 times, and even had to sleep, because my help was low. Tried this set one time and worked like magic. THANK YOU

Dodge right, left, left, right. Aim left. A tip from Talamare. Somehow mysteriously worked for me.