A non-unfair way of player to player trading.

DeletedUser

Yes a huge and rather descriptive title.

Anyway. Down to bussiness.

Basically its a new building for you town.
Each level allows each town member to put down ONE item for sale.

Ok that was the easy part. :p Now for the "Anti-Unfair" bit.

To prevent abusing e.g. multi account money transfer: Make it each item is in a price "range" lets say I have a black belt (does not exist, only a demonstation) and it general store sell price is lets say $600 to town members. The price range for player to player is $575 to $625. Oh yes, and ofcourse make it not possible for people who have logged on at the same IP to buy (Thanks Tribal Wars :p).

And to make our lives easier seperate items into catagories like:
Commodities
Melee Weaponry
Firearms
Body
Head
Boots
Neak/Charm
Animal

Uses of this idea: First of all it allows players to buy thing that usally would be impossible to buy (e.g. theres a highly developed town on the other side of the map about 20 hours from you... and your in a 500 point backwater junkyard, you quickly build one of these and buy the goods without the walk, second it would make alot of things cheaper and the ability to get a bargin would be easy.

Now my fingers hurt and I can't write.

DeletedUser

i like it, altho more of a price range maybe. like min selling price = 10% lower than what you'd get for selling it to general store, and max = 10% higher than how much it'd cost buying from general store.

DeletedUser

non-unfair? you mean 'fair' ? XD

Also my Player Market thread was basically this but...y'know, better :3

DeletedUser1105

You could easily make your player a profit though if you had a number of accounts.

Player A buys item 1 from general store at $1000. He puts this on the market for $1100 (the 10% higher as mentioned above).

Player B (Player A's alias) goes and buys this item, giving Player A a $100 profit.

Repeat as often as possible and Player A has himself a nice little profitable business.

Therefore, having the ability to sell items for more than they are worth in a store is too easy to abuse. Yes, honest people may be willing to pay more in order to save themselves a lot of travelling, but there will be too many people taking advantage of it.

Again, if you can set the price as lower than the selling price, you could sell it to a player who then sells it instantly to gain a profit.

It won't work like that, I'm sorry.