Map Filter Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

DeletedUser1105

The Problem
It is really difficult to find what you need on the map unless you know the name of the town that has it.

Current Solution
You have to click on random towns on the map to see if that town has the buildings at the level that you need. This can take a long time.

My Proposal
That a filter system is put in place. The minimap even has space for it when it is open, to the right hand side (see my picture). This would let you choose what you need to see on the map. For example, let's say you need to buy something that is for sale in a level 10 gunsmith, you just choose 'Level 10' from the gunsmith box. Then on the mini map (not the main map, that would remain unchanged), those towns that match that requirement show up as a different colour.

You could have more too. For example, if you wanted the gunsmith and then you wanted to sleep, you could choose 'Level 2' from the hotel box as well as level 10 from the gunsmith box, and it would then only highlight those towns that match BOTH requirements.

It would also be hidable for those who did not wish to use it. A little box would appear next to the minimap to click for those who wished to see it again.

Possibilities for Abuse
None.

Example
Here is how it could look, highlighting the relevent towns:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

/signed.

Though two or more different buildings at once seems like it would take some work to program instead of just a single one, with many possible bugs and errors.

Even if you did leave it at a single building, it would still decrease the work of searching dramatically.

DeletedUser

it looks good:)
mabey add a drop down menu more that make you able to point out town on there points to.

i.e
500-1000
1000-2000
2000-3000
3000-4000

or something like that:)

DeletedUser

Great idea. there are so many small towns that aren't even worth of being in my map. And also make a poll.

DeletedUser

I swear that thought crossed my mind today! I though it would be great to have a search just like what you're suggesting.

Great idea :p on to a vote!

DeletedUser1105

Yeah it has been mentioned on here a few times (not just by myself), but I thought it's worth bringing up as a proper proposal now that we are getting feedback.

We have already made our first change to the game, with the server time being added. Only a small change, but a big statement.

As for the multi-levels of filtering being hard to code, I don't know, but I guess that's for the developers to discuss. One level searching would still be an improvement, I agree, but my greedy side wants multi-level!

DeletedUser

As for the multi-levels of filtering being hard to code, I don't know, but I guess that's for the developers to discuss. One level searching would still be an improvement, I agree, but my greedy side wants multi-level!

Well, usually you'd start with the most simplistic point of the idea, and improve from there. When you dump the whole load on the table like that, it kind of lowers the motivation of the developers wanting to work on it, and bigger projects get pushed to the back(especially since we're still in beta).

I think it's better to break it down and add more on to it over an extended amount of time. Pester them, basically. If this hasn't already been thought up on the German forums, I know someone will see the missing part of the English idea and fill in the blanks.

DeletedUser

great idea. Don't make excuses for the lazy developers, they'll never get out of beta, unless they get their finger out.

DeletedUser1105

I understand your points Blackjack, but doing the simple version and then upgrading it to the more complicated version would surely be more work than doing the complicated version first?

As I'm not a programmer, I don't understand how having more than one level would make it more difficult. It would only need a simple 'include/exclude' search function. It would search for all of the first choice, and then do a 2nd search within them search results. After you have chosen one option, it already has the results. A 2nd search would be easier than the first as well, seeing as there would be less towns to search through.

DeletedUser

i like the idea even if it is broke down to the single search i cant begin to tell ya how hard it is to find towns on the map without any sort of highlighting.

DeletedUser

I understand your points Blackjack, but doing the simple version and then upgrading it to the more complicated version would surely be more work than doing the complicated version first?

Nah, I just meant looking at it from the a different point of view. You're not necessarily doing more work, just starting from where you left off to add what's missing. Think about it though; the bigger the workload at a given time, the less motivation you'd have to get it done. This, and you're balancing practically thousands of other ideas, a good number of which are small and simple changes while others are incredibly important to the game in some way or another(not just making the lives of the players easier). It eventually gets pushed to the back of the pile.

That's all I was saying. I know if I were a developer, I probably wouldn't have much time to play my own game. I wouldn't think about what the players want, but rather what the game - as a whole - needs.

DeletedUser

There should also be a way to mark ally and enemy towns on the map ... I know this isn't tribal wars blah blah blah ... so use whatever word you prefer instead of enemy/ally.

As a high level dueler who travels across the map alot it would be alot easier to remember where I can find opponents worth XP if there was some way to mark towns on the map.

DeletedUser

I agree with Whistlingleaf here.

It would be very nice to have a way to mark towns that have good targets.

DeletedUser

but if we are asking for a filter then it might as well be a comprehensive one

DeletedUser

great idea it would help people out alot.
i think we should put this in the devolpment ideas so no one forgets about this idea.

Last edited by a moderator: