Dueling change

DeletedUser

Instead of only being able to attack people at their town, add in an option to attack people sitting in your own town. People that come to duel the whole town should be treated as hostiles and then you wouldnt have to walk a whole hour or so to their town. By then most of them are already hiding asleep in your hotel waiting another hour to start a second round

DeletedUser1105

This would work well, if expanded. Real-place duels are being discussed on another thread, and I think they are the way to go.

DeletedUser

I don't think there's a specific topic about 'real-place' duels. It just keeps getting brought up in various different ones. In fact i KNOW there isn't a topic because i only invented the word a few days ago!:)

DeletedUser

"Real place" duelling gets a thumbs up again from me this could be tied in with the "You are about to be dueled " warning that has been mentioned in the past to.

A shot in the dark here but I will hazard a guess it would take quite a lot of work for the Devs to implement though so whether we ever got this even if it did get voted through would be a whole different ball game

DeletedUser

I'm all for this as well. It totally makes sense you should be able to duel someone at a specific location (I don't think it should be limited to just towns).

We can already see a list of players at any given location. Just add a Duel button next to the Write telegram button. If the duel happens and the defending person isn't at that location any more you get a report saying the player isn't at that location and the duel doesn't happen.

Seems simple enough in writing.

DeletedUser

I'd say that you pursue them to their next location if you arrive and they have gone. if that is a hotel, That's your tough luck as a dueller.you go to the town and have to wait until they come out....unless, of course, you cancel the duel.

Diggo11

Just as a side note.

If the challenger is dueling someone at a location other than eithers home town then both should get the appearance bonus, not a tactics bonus. But what if the challenger is "real place" dueling and the defender is in the challengers town, should the appearance and tactics bonus be reversed?

DeletedUser1105

I don't think you need to change the skills at all. Defender uses tactics, attacker uses appearence. Works well enough.