Taxes

• Thread starter Rolling Thunder
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The founder of a town/city should get 25% of the money gained threw all busnessius in his or her town/city.

That's how it work acording to my great times 6 grandpa said in his journal.

signed Rolling Thunder

DeletedUser

Your "great-to-the-6th-power" grandfather's diary does not an online roleplaying game make.

Founders need no extra cash. Eventually their members will donate more to the town than the founder's original three-hundred dollars, which they could have used to make their own town. Then that percentage would have to be slashed if you have more than one founder, anyway, and the fact is money earned from sales is far too small to be split up as such.

Basically, not needed.

DeletedUser

My town founder donates the most money of all of us.
And we are required to donate $50 to the town each day. I don't think the town founder has any money problems.
If you really need money, just duel one of your town members with their consent.

DeletedUser1105

The town founder is not special. All he had to do was spend $300 and do a little bit of recruiting. He is no more important than any other member of the town.

DeletedUser

The founder of a town/city should get 25% of the money gained threw all busnessius in his or her town/city.

That's how it work acording to my great times 6 grandpa said in his journal.

signed Rolling Thunder

first how long have you played this game are you that lvl7 guy in w3?.
second have you ever been a member of a town and more importantly have you ever been a founder?.

DeletedUser1105

first how long have you played this game are you that lvl7 guy in w3?.
second have you ever been a member of a town and more importantly have you ever been a founder?.

Someone's level does not mean that thier opinion is less valid or unimportant.

Edit: Not that I'm agreeing with his proposals....

DeletedUser

Taxes should not be given to founder but to the town ,as a way of gathering money for construction .

DeletedUser

Taxes should not be given to founder but to the town ,as a way of gathering money for construction .

i like this that way people have to contribute to the town bill not just hitch free ride :dry:

DeletedUser

It does seem absurd that they go to the trouble of giving the town treasury something from sales but then make it so insignificant as to not affect the play at all. I'd be inclined to either scrap it altogether or make it something like 25% with the price to outsiders being halved [or even at the town's discretion]

DeletedUser

[or even at the town's discretion]

if they did this everyone would jack the prices up take a bigger cut. yes we would not have to buy from them but it would change a lot. i think they should just give half to town, that may seem pretty steep but how much stuff is bought from towns? a little but not tons

DeletedUser1105

But when someone goes and buys the higher level items, you are talking a lot of money if you give the town half. Some items cost thousands.

DeletedUser

And this bad why ? It's wont make the product cost more .
How is giving the towns a return on thier investment bad ?

DeletedUser1105

No but say someone buys a fancy bow which costs $8800. Under these rules the town gets $4400. That pays for 36 hours of labor on the town.

Towns would grow too fast.

DeletedUser

The $4400 You use as an example is a fraction of what was required to get the store or tailor to the level needed to provide the product . I think the peoples efforts should be rewarded .