Upcoming Update change?

DeletedUser

"Positions of old jobs on the map will move."
Has been said in http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=8018

Tell me what yall think about this, because I personally don't really like that part, being I see a BIG part of towns succeeding more than others is the strategically placed town (Where you initially found it).
Because you can get to jobs quicker and find the jobs for a specific class, etc etc, that's just my opinion, what about the rest of you?
:dry:

DeletedUser

I'm a bit surprised moving old jobs is necessary ...

We have a great location on W-1 cause I founded the town quite late and was able to see many L 20+ jobs ...

I guess we can just hope it isn't a total relocation of all jobs.

DeletedUser

I dont think its a great idea for the same reasons. When you found a town players are attracted by the surrounding jobs, so thats how you get your people. If the jobs all change about and suddenly you got nothing, then all that time people spent before founding a town looking for an ideal place will be pointless.

Adding jobs is great, but I cant see any benefit whatsover of changing the job positions around. All it does is harm the towns who thought about where to place their town.

The rest is good, but im glad somebody picked up on this.

DeletedUser

Too bad. Now my tombstone and coffin icons will disappear. How morbid.... for me, that is.

DeletedUser

Yes, I also think this is absurd :'[
I hope they change this idea

DeletedUser

No one else has really bothered to post here, I think its bad for my reasons above, do other people really not care? lol

Edit: Spose it will shake things up a bit though lol

DeletedUser

i just hope they move closer to my town lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

IMO it will cause problems for the reasons stated, setting up a town you normally take into account what's around you for jobs, money and supplies.

:banditb::banditg::banditb:

DeletedUser

I planned my w4 town entirely based on the jobs around it. I'm very anxious to see the new locations.

DeletedUser

I think part of it is because they added the new jobs, and they either are removing some of the old jobs, or moving them around to keep an area from getting too crowded.

DeletedUser3543

Since the new update has been put off until tomorrow, but we were supposed to get it today, can someone please post what it will contain??

DeletedUser

In the beginning its good to have the craving out claims job nearby. Its the source of the money in early game.

DeletedUser

Some bad ideas in there, maybe they will take in consideration before imposing new stuff:

1. "There will be quite a few new jobs, existing jobs may be modified too". Why modify the old jobs? If you upgraded your character to be able 2 do a job for a quest, an now find it different, isn't this annoying? Also, those "lucky" guys who did the jobs and quests have now advantage as they will not be affected by modification but the others will since they'll not be able to do the jobs. Really unfair. Why modify them?
As a side note, the same thing happened when decided 2 have the hotel cost twice to upgrade. So the towns that builded it before the update had gained a big advantage over the others. Now do the same?!?!?

2. "Positions of old jobs on the map will move." Again why? Many chosen locations of towns to have good jobs nearby. Now those jobs move, so we will have 2 travel back and forth 2 get to good jobs. Why move them in the first place? Just to have a big laugh i guess....

3. There were some requested modifications that aren't addressed, and i am sure those were far more requested than "moving the old jobs" and "having the old jobs harder to do". Why don't they apply those requests (about dueling for example) and go for such strange stuff?

As a premium payer, i find very disappointing the way this team responds to the players' problems and requests. Very disappointed.

now in a funny mood:
let's have the jobs' position change once a day so we can have more fun!
Also, the difficulty will be randomly chosen, and increased each week
Let's add accidents on the way to jobs, like "your horse tripped and u have hurt yourself" so you are back to sleep. surprise stuff!
And, why not, random chance that the bank owner runs away with all the cash so we lose all the money in the bank.
Adding tornadoes will be nice, so random damage to the town and losing some levels on buildings. Undo your work for free!
Oh, and the best of them all, random deletion of accounts, so that we periodically to start at level 1. I think that's a great idea, maybe for 1.15?

DeletedUser

what he said.
I think we have had one developer make one comment on these forums in their entire existence.
What he said was 'great idea we'll do that' what he meant was 'we're doing that anyway but I'll pretend we're doing it for you to gain the kudos'

DeletedUser3543

Still no update then?

Is the one guy that can do the translation still off sick?

DeletedUser

I heard he was spending the premium money in the bahamas
HAHA, yep, might be, with the secretary.
Btw, you know what positions are required 4 a company? only 5:
1. Top manager
2. Manager
3. Secretary
4. Door man
5. Cleaning lady.
Probably it's the same in here :D