Balanced Trade/Renting Idea

Diggo11

Proposal
To allow for balanced trading and renting/leasing of items.

Trading
Ok lets say you find two Blue Indian Necklaces whilst working on that quest. Your friend then sends you a telegram asking if you have a Blue Indian Necklace, because he is doing the same quest as you. My idea would allow the players to swap a Blue Indian Necklace for another type of Indian Necklace. Both players would also have to pay a 10% tax (of the item they received), this money would simply disappear.

Conditions:
1) You must always trade an item - products can't be traded though.
2) The 10% tax is always applicable
3) Trade can't occur if either player can't pay full 10% of tax
4) All items are valued at purchase price
5) This item must be the same type (such as shoes, weapon, etc)

If you do not have comparible items trading may still occur, but other conditions apply on top of those above.
6) The difference of the two items must be made up by cash
7) The amount of cash paid must not exceed X
8) X = level multiplied by 10
9) The lower of both players X is always used

Renting
So you don't want to give up your item but you want to lend it? It can be done! Renting can only occur amongst the town. It shall cost 2.5% of purchase value per 1/2 hour job. Only 1% of this amount shall go to the owner, with a maximum of a player determined cap. An item can't be received from a job whilst renting the same item. Rented item can't be sold or used to complete quest. While renting an item you can't:
1) Leave your town (as in quit not walk away from)
2) Duel
3) Do a job with under 90% health points
4) Do a job with 50% or more danger.
Note: If you are dueled during this time the item will not be effective but can't be lost.

Leasing
Leasing is similar to renting but it can be done outside of the town. All conditions above apply unless stated otherwise. The cost is doubled to 5% per 1/2 hour. Only 2% of this amount shall go to the owner, with a maximum of the player determined cap.

After the lease has expired you have the opportunity to purchase the item via trade idea. All trade rules still apply, but the following rules take priority over them. If the renter has already paid 10% of tax during lease period he is not longer applicable for the 10% tax. In this case the owner doesn't pay this tax either, but donates all profits from the lease as tax instead.

Summary
Who says you need huge teams of mods or super computers to allow trading? I hope I've covered everything here for you. I loathe your feedback, so post it here as well as any loopholes I've missed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

ok so u need a green necklace and i need a blue one for our quests.

but instead of finding them and doing it the funh way lets jsut swap :) NO

DeletedUser1105

I don't think quests should be made any easier than they already are, and this makes it easier.