Crafting Items

DeletedUser

My suggestion is that there should be "craftable items" using some of the products from jobs. For example:

glass of water+cofee+sugar = hot coffee with sugar : +10 stamina, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

grain + glass of water = bread:+50 hp, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

beans x2+T-Bone-Steak+Corn x3
= meal: +15 stamina +50 hp,
consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

the same can be used for: turkey, berries, ham.........

Fool`s gold+gemstones x3+coal = necklace with random bonuses:

50% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
10% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(skills are randomized so that to make two similar necklaces :p)

Beaver skin x4 = a hat with random bonuses:

40% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
35% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
10% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(same as necklace, skills are randomized)

and the same can be used for: leather, wool, coyote tooth, buffalo skin, cotton and many more

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

SUMMARY

Suggestion: there should be "craftable items" using some of the products from jobs. For example:

glass of water+cofee+sugar = hot coffee with sugar : +10 stamina, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

grain + glass of water = bread:+50 hp, consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

beans x2+T-Bone-Steak+Corn x3 = meal: +15 stamina +50 hp,
consumable (vanishes when used) and able to use once per day

the same can be used for: turkey, berries, ham.........

Fool`s gold+gemstones x3+coal = necklace with random bonuses:

85%chance of crafting no bonus item, with selling price=2x (price of products necessary for crafting)

7% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
5% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
2% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
1% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(chances are randomized, skills are randomized, bonus points are randomized)

Beaver skin x4 = a hat with random bonuses:

80%chance of crafting no bonus item, with selling price=2x (price of products necessary for crafting)

12% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
5% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
2% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
1% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

(chances are randomized, skills are randomized, bonus points are randomized)

(same as necklace, skills are randomized)

and the same can be used for: leather, wool, coyote tooth, buffalo skin, cotton and many more.

Problems

Gathering products: some players may find it difficult to gather all of necessary products to craft an item, and a soltuion would be auctioning of those; (all "trade" posts in this thread) the auction is open and a playes sees olny the last bid and timer of the auction.

How to implement this:

System:

* Adding a new shop for the recipes
* recipe for particular item has a list of : products necessary for crafting, percentage chance of bonuses

Player wanting to craft item

* buys a recipe (for example for a hat)
* it is added to a list of recipes (crafting button, on the left side)
* chooses a recipe (item) he wants to craft
* makes sure he has all of the products necessary
* pushes "create" button

System:

* randomizes (basing on the recipe) how many skills will be bonused (1-4 skills,3 skills for example)
* randomizes what skills will be bonused (all skills included, dodging, shooting,hitpoints for example)
* randomizes how many points will be added (from 1 point to 10 points) for a particular skill

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Item creation could be fun.
Would make for an additional purpose of items, and you could implement a workshop in the towns.

DeletedUser

That does sound pretty fun, actually. And I would imagine that you would have a job difficulty for the crafting too.

Workshop could also be part of the general store, so items could be sold, and so not all towns get the ability to craft the same items with each Level build.

DeletedUser

I like the idea very much but I'll bet they are too lazy to do it :p

DeletedUser

I like it in the context of resource scarcity, but when they are evenly spread all over the map it is a little quotidian - like the rest of the game really.

DeletedUser

but all in all, its not a bad idea, but too much like runescape and i hate that game sooooo much.

DeletedUser

This idea would be pretty nifty to be honest, another reason for people to join towns!..But should this be so Workers can make all and the rest are restricted to certain things?..or not?..just pondering the thought of it.

But this could work nicely, especially for it to be independent, the player could sell or keep the item, either way both will benefit the person.

I don't care if these seem qualities from other games, like Organ stated, because if you know something, is that D&D had craftsmanship to begin with so don't use a game you dislike as a way of saying 'I dislike the idea'.
We're not talking Staffs which make your e-penis bigger.
We're talking about food, guns, clothes that make your e-penis look bigger.
There's a difference.

DeletedUser

But should this be so Workers can make all and the rest are restricted to certain things?..or not?..just pondering the thought of it.

If a dueler or a soldier has the labor points to craft something, why shouldn't he be able to?

DeletedUser

cause everybody knows duelers are mad at the world cuz they caint make coffee son!

DeletedUser

I think I will write a PM to Gem with this idea... since I cannot see any bad opinions about this.

DeletedUser1105

It's a good idea in theory, but it would have to worked out so it was worthwhile.

If you have to work for so long to find the items needed to create something, you could have been doing better, higher XP jobs and workign towards levelling up and getting the better jobs and more skill points.

DeletedUser

That's be a tradeoff from making your own custom item I guess.

DeletedUser

Ladies and gentlemen...

I suggested this because I have seen that there is a couple of jobs a character is working on; the rest, lower level jobs are ignored. If a person would be able to buy w recipe for an item (general store or a workshop),learn it (use and it appears in the list of items possible to create) and find out it will require... wool from tendig sheep activity it is more likely a player will start completing a wide array of activities.

Furthermore: technically I see this as a additional button an the left side. Between town forum and duel button. a list of recipes learnt at the top; list if ingredients in the middle and create button at the bottom; choose a recipe; check that you have everything required; create...

DeletedUser5046

that i think is somewhAT complicated...

it'd be fine if it's the third queue work for non-premium users^^

DeletedUser

Hm. I don't know about this idea. Whilst I think it'd be fun it might give too much of an advantage to those who can do good jobs. Rather than those that can't do certain jobs because they are a builder, or a dueller. It'd be another advantage to be an adventurer and it may unbalance the game.

DeletedUser

It is a matter of taking certain jobs (or better products) to make an item... There may be items that require simple jobs and those which require more advanced (and more difficult) ones. Right now only usage of product is selling it to for money... used to build new buildings in the city... Furthermore there may be difference in the price of the recipe. I will defend this idea because it makes sense in gathering products.

DeletedUser5046

making it more likely to craft the products than sell them....i hope the price of the crafted material will be higher than than the gathered ones...

*though in that case we might be more likely you'll craft than gather*

DeletedUser

An example

I put an example (screen) of working solution like this in the attachment

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 88