Telegraph pole

telegraph pole , lets hear it !

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

ok , here is my brainfart.

i want to add a telegraph pole as a structure. just like the mortician it would only have 1 lvl.

if you are in a town that has a telegraph pole , and your own town has a telegraph pole too then you would be able to acces your own bank. thus deposit money in your savings , or even better in your town treasury.

people still would want to go to their town town for discount in the shops / free hotel , so that would not be a reason not to do it.

DeletedUser

No, heading back to town is an important restriction on planning your day and duellers would haveno fun coz alot less cash would be carried round :( Besides, it'd be historically inaccurate(?)

DeletedUser

Besides, it'd be historically inaccurate(?)

not sure about that. there is a job called "setting up telegraph poles" ingame. so those would be there. not sure about the wire transfers though ;)

DeletedUser

Remote banking seems to be a bit out of place in the far west... How would they transfer the money?

DeletedUser

Mm. Kinda torn on this.

Perhaps a small transfer fee? Or maybe 10% of the cash you're depositing?

They'd load your package onto a stagecoach or have it carried by horseback.

DeletedUser

I agree with the fee for a stagecoach since money/gold/silver was delivered like so. But in reality there was a chance for it to get stolen. But I don't think that has to be a part of the game.

DeletedUser

Remote banking seems to be a bit out of place in the far west... How would they transfer the money?

they would get the time traveling squad to bring in a covenant banshee and fly it there DUH

DeletedUser

Mm. Kinda torn on this.

Perhaps a small transfer fee? Or maybe 10% of the cash you're depositing?

They'd load your package onto a stagecoach or have it carried by horseback.

Todally agree... there needs to be a fee on kinda transfermechanism.

DeletedUser

i think this is a rubbish idea. the whole point of beng a town is that u have to return to it and stay close for support. plus it does not fit wuith the whole western idea

DeletedUser

plus it does not fit wuith the whole western idea

Nonsense. What do you think Western Union did? 1871 (perfect time-frame for this game, if not a bit too early) is when their money transfer service started.

DeletedUser

I think it is a great idea. My thought was to make it possible to deposit money in a bank in another town, and by paying a fee to make it possible to transfer it to your own bank. The fee would go into the town treasury of the receiving town, the money goes to my own town.

I have chosen to be an adventurer, but for me it is not interesting to travel a lot like an adventurer would do. Carrying a lot of money with me makes me vulnerable and a likely target. And why should it be beneficial to be able to sleep in hotels in other towns, if I have to go "home" now every night to deposit my money?

DeletedUser

K so you can deposit your money wherever does no one think that makes all of the people who have chosen the dueler class really angry they're supposed to get 10% more money but when no one has any money on them then how are they supposed to get any money. It will take a large amount of the fun out of dueling and currently that is one of the most fun things in the game. I think this is a bad idea and i can obviously see tghat public opinion is divded by i havent once found it neccessary to further than 1 hour away from my town to get anything or do any jobs, so i really don't see the harm in leaving banking how it is.

DeletedUser

I like it and the fee idea.

Secondly, we can eventually rob trains, so maybe robbing a stagecoach is possible too. That raises the question of insurance though. IF it is stolen, then the bank should have insurance to replace it. That had to be around at the time I would think.

Also, there should be a delay in when you see that money actually in your bank/treasury. After all, travel time for these deposits can take days. I'm not saying it should take days, but it shouldn't be an automatic deposit that you can access instantly.

DeletedUser

I dont like it, it sounds way to much like internet banking.
maybe in a couple hundred years.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of basically setting up a phone mast in your town then being able to call for some delivery service. However, whether it should be able to carry money or goods i don't know perhaps you could deleiver money or goods to other players if they are in your town. sort of like this:

Player A wants an item for a quest say they go back to their town and messages the town members to see if they have said item. Player B says they have the item and they call the town where player A is (through the phone mast) and that orders a delivery service to take the item from Player B wherever they are to player A in the town. and player A is charged for the delivery??

I know this would mean adding a major new part of the game but i think it would be much cooler. And perhaps towns could have a warehouse where quest items have to be left to complete the quest?? and you could be charged for delivering goods to the warehouse?!?!

That probably makes no sense and moves away from the money transferring idea but it'd be much better for people who enjoy the quests, can add money to the towns and would let the town members be more conected??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If life was made easier for duellers in other respects then i wouldn't object. At the moment it's just another obstacle to making a dishonest living.

DeletedUser

Also I believe the reason this was started would be a means of accessing money you had in a bank but not in pocket for a product you came across in your travels. Having to sit and await a stage was not what I believe the intent was...more like an ATM which we know was definitely not part of the west...

DeletedUser

I agree with the stage coach and the fees as well. This would make a very good addition to the game. Oh and for the one who said people would have less money, you may be right, but it would benefit you and the other duelers as well as everyone in the game.

DeletedUser1105

I'm not keen. I think you should have to go back to your town when you want to deposit money. If you go too far afield, that's the risk you take.