More/Different Quests

DeletedUser1105

I actually thought the 'LONG WAY FROM HOME' quest line was my best idea :p

It would be good for people doing the quest - they would have something different to do.
It would be good for duellers - people travelling longer distances leaves them vulnerable to attack.

It would add strategy as well - do you set your chracter to travel 12 hours, or do you only travel for two hours, work, then sleep to evade possible duels?
Do you work in one region, travel to the next, work travel to the next? Do you work towards each region (thereby taking weeks to complete.)
Do you work in one region then return home to bank your cash before travelling further out to the next one, or do you forge ahead (savign time), but risking more cash?

Surely that is better than going doing the job 'Hunting Coyote' that's 20 minutes away from your town, before going home to bank your $19?

DeletedUser

Yes that was the most appealing. i also like the idea that they are really LONG quests at the top level. Something that might take you months but with a big reward to make it satisfying.

DeletedUser1105

That's exactly the idea. You could be doing two or three of these at all times, alongside others. You'd always have something to do.

And like you say, there would be some satisfaction in completing it. I don't get any satisfaction from the current quests.

DeletedUser

Some epic quests... now that would be awesome.

Say you have to travel all over the map, to specific jobs, in specific squares, only found in that single square, or atleast very rare jobs.

Could get very interresting.

DeletedUser

Especially if that brilliant idea about limiting resources was also done:)

DeletedUser1105

Yes, some 'specific area' quests would be quite good too. That sent you all over the map just to tend pigs or something.

DeletedUser1105

Screw quests... make more level 25-40 jobs.

Could we not ask for both? If you have an idea different to this one, you could make your own thread about it.

If you don't have a valid reason for not liking this idea, why bother posting?

DeletedUser

Both are good, new quests and new jobs. So maybe the devs consider adding new quests. You realy should contact them personally.

DeletedUser

This game is very much the poor relation of tribal wars. it's been pretty much left to rot. Tribal wars has 2 new worlds coming up with changes made to them, so it's not like the devs are really focusing on this. i guess they got complacent and greedy.

DeletedUser

Personally, I don't think it is much use to rail against the devs here, and illogical to make assumptions about what they are aware of about the feedback here, or what they are doing, or what their motivations are. We have absolutely no way of knowing any of that. And suggesting that it has been "left to rot" when they have just done a major update (whether you like the update or not)... well, that is even more illogical.

Ulthor, maybe you should start a thread suggesting they make someone a community liaison officer, so we know they have a presence on the forums but personally, I think this would be a thankless and pointless tasks only encouraging more people to ***** about dueling or whatever, or harass them with stoopid questions like how do I find a hammer. I'd rather let them get on with the work.

But back to the topic at hand...

I love this long way from home quest idea, and the idea of more complicated/difficult quests generally!

DeletedUser

I'd really like to see some quests that require thinking rather than just following directions. An example (sorry if it's a bad one, I'm just doing it off the top of my head) might be -

Henry wants you to build him a new bar for the saloon. You have to bring everything you need to do the job, but he doesn't tell you what all you have to bring. To complete it, you have to bring 10 wood, 8 nails, a hammer, a saw, a planer and a toolbox. The biggest problem I see with quests like this are the number of questions there'd be about how to do it, what all you need and where do you get the stuff? It's bad enough when people just need a chunk of ham.

DeletedUser

lol . As much as i like the idea it would just end up on West stats or a Wiki anyway and lets be honest when there are suggestions to "save clicks" do you really think people will have the stamina (or brain power) to figure such quests out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Unfortunately I don't see how these quests would work.

Firstly by the time you complete the quest you could easily have saved up cash and brought several of the reward item(s). Secondly quests happen in chains, so the lines don't have to much difficulty variation. In yours you have gone from working in 4 regions to 40 regions.

Keep trying though as there definitely is a shortage of quests!

DeletedUser

well i think some quest would be easy but some sound realy hard like the 40 region thing.

DeletedUser1105

Diggo, I don't know what the rewards would be. I'm assuming they would be relevent to the quest. That's not important, I don't think.

A lot of the quests now are not really worth the hassle of doing, yet most people do them anyway.

Yes, the quest has gone from 4 to 40. It's designed to be relatively simple at first and more difficult/time consuming later. Isn't that the best way for a quest line to be?

These quests are just examples anyway, I was assuming people could come up with better ones.

###

I love the idea of not knowing what items are needed, but like you said it would be on the question forum all the time and west stats would have it, so only the first person would have to figure it out! Shame, really, but thats the way it is.

DeletedUser

PVP quests would be nice.

Such as

John says: A group of bandits have been terrorising a local town. Please go duel them

Objective: (KO 3 players)

Reward: Dueling premuim.

------------------
Sum1 mentioned that a building new saloon quest could be made.

I agree.. heres the catch. You bring materials.. 10 wood 10 nails and a hammer.

Then like in constructing a town. you work on the buildings. You get labour points.. You complete the saloon. YOu finish the quest.

Automation bonus or a decent construction quest on item.

DeletedUser1105

There is no longer a duelling premium, but I like the idea of having to go and duel other players. I'll add that.

EDIT: Also added the specific job site idea.

Last edited by a moderator: