Newspaper

DeletedUser

The Western Star could be implemented as a button in the menu that shows daily or weekly updates to players in the world. Each one being unique to its own world. Towns could pay a 40$ fee to be featured in the newspaper to talk about themselves etc. Other towns could pay a 20$ fee to advertise the products they have in their stores to the public, so they can purchase. People could post ads for towns, and ads for items they need that a town has.
It could feature hints and stats on items, and descriptions of rarer items and where they have been found before.
Improve on it too if you like the idea. I think its great and will add more entertainment to the game.

DeletedUser

yea but some players arn't registered to it or barely check it

DeletedUser1105

I don't like it. It would be flooded with crap as every town put their bit in.

DeletedUser

Well im too cheap to print stuff about people joining my town. just PM people who want 2 join.

DeletedUser

Well if they can't take the time to read their world-specific room (filled with town updates, recruitments and quest-items) then what makes us think that they would follow a link to a 'paper' that already has this info?

DeletedUser

Hmm what if each town got a new building for news, that the town can write what they want in it and advertise whatever they want. There would be only 1 level to it, and players can subscribe to it if they want to recieve updated news from the town?

DeletedUser

Well if they can't take the time to read their world-specific room (filled with town updates, recruitments and quest-items) then what makes us think that they would follow a link to a 'paper' that already has this info?

Cause it's faster

DeletedUser1105

A big unnessecary piece of programming I'm guessing.

Only people who are in your town will give two flying cows about anything your town has to say enough to actually want to subscribe to it.

What you need, and this has already been suggested elsewhere, is a town profile/noticeboard. You can advertise your wares there and people who click on your town can see it.

DeletedUser

this negativity is killing me lol

I like the noticeboard idea though :D

DeletedUser1105

When you offer an idea to improve the game, you have to expect it to be looked at sideways, backwards, inside out before it gains approval.

If you have a half decent idea, what you'll find is people discuss it in many different ways and find new solutions based on your idea. See the poker house thread, and the bank robbery one for examples.

But if you post a ridiculous idea that would not improve the game, is not going to ever be implemented or be popular, then you have to expect a little negativity towards it :)

DeletedUser

and really it isn't that hard to click on the buildings of a town to see what they offer

DeletedUser

yea, but it is hard for you to find a town near you that has what you are looking for

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind more info available like there was in [whispers] tribal wars, like most killed, most new recruits, goods for sale BUT i'd want ALL the info not just what the keen were keen about bringing to my attention.

DeletedUser1105

Yeah, I wouldn't be interested in reading a hundred adverts for

"Come and join my town, we have the best *****s lolz lmfao!!!!"

Or a thousand -

"Our town has a blue/red/green/tarten/rainbow indian necklace"