Experience when I get shot to pieces.

DeletedUser

The only way I'd agree to it is if it were only regular experience gained, not dueling experience. The reason dueling gives "dueling" experience is to keep people from continually attacking the same low level characters (at least that's my understanding of it). If I gained dueling experience every time I lost, it would just make it even easier for high level duelists to attack me. I don't really like the idea of getting free experience because I get beat either since all other methods involve losing energy and motivation for the job done.

DeletedUser

no its abuseable. im going to sit here and duel my friend for as many times as i can and it doesnt matter who wins because we are leveling so if i win i get a little more its not like we are stealing money from each other its in our banks OH HEY I JUST HIT LVL 50 DUELING HOORAY!

its cheap and cheating and abuseable.

You're right. After all, with a small experience gain every two hours (or however long it takes for someone to duel another person for the second time in a row) you'll be wielding that Precise Smith and Wesson in no time. :cool:
Oh. Wait.
Get some knowledge of the game, please? Oh, and while you're at it--read my post. ;)

I am suggesting people get a small amount of experience if they lose a duel. Also, so it can't be abused so easily, if this is actually part of an update then dueling level won't increase with losses.
A) Not cheap
B) Not cheating...
C) Even if you do decide to endlessly duel one person ultimately your dueling level will increase at a disturbingly slow rate. I kill you over and over. I used to get 20xp, now I get three. Later on, I won't get any, because you're not challenging my character. This is game mechanics-it's so the low leveled players don't just get dominated by the higher levels (unless said higher levels are cruel and just want to torture the young'uns-ehehehe.)

My reasoning is simple--if you were ever unlucky enough to touch something hot as a young child then after getting a burn you probably won't touch that glowing red thing or stick your hand in boiling water again.
You learn from experience. You realize that after getting shot in the lung over and over you should probably not stand perfectly still during a duel.

You learn from experience.

DeletedUser

This is a ridiculous idea for the reasons mentioned above. So you take off your cloths and insult everyone and that gets you top of the duelling charts? you really think that makes any sense?

You smell of elderberries.

Duel me.

;)

EDIT>>I have edited my original post (first one on this thread) to encompass one of the major flaws in my idea. Thanks to the two (three tops) people who actually tried to improve my idea instead of filling my thread with a load of useless crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No chance i don't want to give you the free five points:)
I fart in your general direction

DeletedUser

the poster was never advocating equal experience for both. just that the loser gains some experience.

the theory about friends constantly dueling each other is ridiculous since dueling uses so much energy and takes health points.

the experience gained should reflect how much damage you did to the other guy. if a duel was like 5 - 80 then of course the loser should get zero experience but if it's more like 30 - 38 then i think the loser should get a little something for it.

The winner already gains xp

DeletedUser

The winner already gains xp

That's not even remotely pertinent to what he said. We all know the winner gains experience. What the guy was saying though was that if the loser just gets completely rocked in a duel he shouldn't get experience, but if he barely loses a duel then he would gain experience.

DeletedUser

The more humiliating the defeat, the more you might learn, perhaps.

Meh, perhaps one should throw a bone to someone if they get KO'ed, but honestly, I don't see much sense in rewarding failure even with a symbolic sum of xp. It'd add insult to injury.

DeletedUser

No, that cant be right, because that means if you multiaccounted, you could take off weapon on one, then attack the other guy and both would get lotsa exp. so Sadhatter's idea is more tangible and less abuseable with