Workers Courtesy Code

DeletedUser3717

Got this off the world 2 forums, as my other account is on that world ;)

A little something I would like to propose to town leaders, and possibly duelists willing to listen.

A courtesy code towards workers.

Now I understand duelists will always be around, and always sniffing out easy targets and possibly money.
I have no problem with that (workers with loose cash deserve to lose cash ;)).

However what I, and many other workers would appreciate is if you downgraded your weapons while fighting us.
EG, a broken clay jug or worn sling shot.

Or possibly using the opposite weapon type to your skill spec (eg vigor -> ranged, shooting -> melee).

The reason behind this is so you do less damage.
Given that many workers are incapable of hitting back what this does is prevent significant damage being done to them while still getting the same rewards.

This also means that the risk of a worker being KO'd is significantly lower, duelists can attack them more often and construction work/jobs are alot less likely to be interrupted for the worker (allowing them to level faster, and remain targets no less).

You can estimate a workers HP by this simple calc: 20*lvl + 90 HP.

The difference between doing 100 damage per duel and 200-300 damage is VERY significant.
It is the difference between knocking them out in 2 duels and making the target unavailable for 48 hours (and very annoyed) or being able to sustainably attack them over a long period.

Overall its a win/win situation for all involved and I'm sure alot of happier people all round :p

DeletedUser

I dont think the duelers will care about this. If the workers who are noobish enough to keep alot of cash in his pocket, he deserves being farmed. The duelers will not come back to you if he cant get much xp and cash from their targets, energy and motivation worth more than that. Also, I lost like 3 duels to the workers since there are alot of people love to choose Worker class but with a dueling skill built, thats sux

Talking about war, im sure this will not even give them a second thought taking their oposite town's workers down.

DeletedUser

Just make sure that your town has a good balance of Adventurers to make the money and donate it. Then make sure you have aworkers to take the money and pump it into construction and then make sure you have soldiers to defend the town.

DeletedUser

I don't see the point in duelers toning themselves down they have made this nice build so let them use it lol and if u get knocked out for 48 hours bigger fool u

DeletedUser

if you get hit...you must be part of a town to be able to get pk-ed in the first place...any good lvl 2+ town will have 1 or more duelers(makes sense to me), so put a message to your duelers to go kill "add name here". and he/she will soon get the message your town is not worth killing for money

that way you both win, you can do your jobs with minimal fighting...and your town duelers can go kill a guy who has that extra bit of cash on him(unless he runs to town each time, to bank)

DeletedUser

its bad at times as a worker i deal with it, i got hit 11 times the other day until i finally got knocked out. Some even dueled me for 9 xp i mean its there energy and motivation they wasting not mine.

DeletedUser

I don't waste my time with targets hardly worth looking at, unless I got a reason.

You know very well where to dispose of that "courtesy code"

DeletedUser

i got a question for the original poster.
In world 2 did anybody abide/agree to this proposal, or did you just think it was worth a shot here?

DeletedUser

Mhm need to agree with much of this talk...basically it never would work. In W3 and W1 I still attack people that only give me 10 exp...why? Because I am bored and I am a dueler. Being a dueler you can't really go around and do jobs or quest since you are only good at one thing, killing.