Tactics and Appearance

DeletedUser

I have heard a lot of different things from a lot of different people about these two skills in particular. I'm wondering, as many others, just WHAT the heck do they do. I already know tactics calculate a random defense bonus, and appearance is the bonus for attack. So then, that is still incredibly vague.
Do they...
1. Add an invisible value
2. Subtract from each other, then add a value to the player with a higher skill
3. Subtract from each other, then add a penalty to the player with a lower skill
4. Are they based on percentages or integer bonuses
5. Possibly effect aiming and dodging, or only damage and defense?
6. If person a beats person b in skills, will it give a static bonus or a scaled bonus based on the difference?

Most likely, nobody knows, but I am just wondering what they do before I actually invest a lot of points into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tactics is used for defense
Appearance is used for offense

It adds some type of bonus to whether or not you hit I believe.

DeletedUser

Although this makes it less vague then what you typed.. yes it's still vague..
http://en3.the-west.net/help.php?article=duell_procedure

And what you need to consider overall is will you be an offensive dueler.. or defensive

Pretty much the only things you need to consider is AIM / DODGE if you hit him for something every hit and are able to dodge most of his hits your gonna win..

Yes your question really isn't about that part so lets go just a hair further and assume you'll switch gear when your working and not out on the hunt.

So the gear choices you would want for ATTACKING would be aim /dodge/(assuming gun) shooting/appearance

DeletedUser

Thank you, I have found some answers.
1,2,3. It is a penalty to the one with the lower stat, rather then a boost to the one with a higher stat
6.The bonus will scale
4 and 5 are still left to each person's own interpretation