Town Events/competitions

DeletedUser

Just an idea... could each town have competitions or town fairs... this could be set up from the town treasurey funds a town can host a town fair/event.... this can be where other people from other towns travel to your town to take part and (pay for admission maybe) they can gain objects they need for tasks by winning them from a shhot out or game of some sort like poker or horse race or something.... ideas to be expanded... just thought i would be first in with this ideas as i havent seen it before!

DeletedUser

I really like it, it would add a lot of fun to the game, although I'm putty sure poker has been suggested before.

DeletedUser

hmmm.... a town fair.... a VERY interesting idea. it has a lot of merit.

heres my idea:

Town Fair could be a temporary building a town could produce using the same system they build with now. it would last for 1 week. the red dot on the minimap would be replaced by a little circus tent for the duration of the fair to let people know its happening. minigames could be played by people (for a fee that goes into town treasury) for a chance to win an item or cash. we arent talking awesome things, just random items or products. different minigames could have different difficulties and payouts. also, the town's stores would be "on sale" to non town members during the duration of the fair, and items from them only cost x2 instead of x4, while the money generated to the town treasury by an item purchase is doubled.

DeletedUser

I think its a great idea anyway! so i hope it is considered! :D

DeletedUser

I really like it, it would add a lot of fun to the game, although I'm putty sure poker has been suggested before.

yeah i know it has but i just suggested it as that idea can fit in better with my idea! i needed to support my idea and link it with another so it may fit more interesting things into the game!

DeletedUser

yeah and maybe a new skill called musician would allow people to make muney off fairs

DeletedUser

hmm i like all the posts in reply to my original one! i sure hope that it is voted on and looked into! :p

DeletedUser

we can all have a say! and anyway i have come up with the idea... as have many others with their ideas... maybe the people that get paid to create this game should develop the idea! its not as if im going to benefit much from the idea anyway... :(

DeletedUser

sure you will you will have the enjoyment of improving the game you play and having a real hand in its expansion and improvement. what do you guys think of my current rough draft proposal as to how to implement captins idea?

DeletedUser

I think it's a reasonable way to go about it. A kind of village fair. there needs to be some incentive to bring people in and there needs to be some advantage to a town also. It would make a lot more sense if people could be duelled 'realplace'.

DeletedUser1105

Could a town build a fair, hold it for a week, then immediatly re-build it for a week?

To keep this within some level of sanity, I would recommend that there be a long time frame between towns being able to hold fairs. For example, if you hold a fair in your town, you cannot start building the fair again for a month, or even two months, three??

It would be no good if you could keep going to the same town nearby to get discounts.

But it's definately a good idea that's worth developing.

DeletedUser

i would probably say 1 week out of every 4. thats kind of like a year... 4 weeks, 4 seasons, fair comes round once a year..... well, it could be built anytime, but it would only become ACTIVE once every four weeks. that way you dont restrict towns from building when they have the cash, but they dont get permanent benefits .

DeletedUser

I thought it had to be rebuilt every time . I disagree with a permanent fairgrounds .

DeletedUser

I would like that you could only start building it like every month or 2. So this is a great idea.

DeletedUser

it would have to be rebuilt every time oakley. i guess i misimplied their. what i was getting at is that although there would be a time restriction on when the fair would and would not be open, the townmembers could build it at any time. so lets say its a 4 week cycle right? they could build a fair, host it, and it couldnt return to active for another 3 weeks, but they could start working on it the same day it ends you know what i mean?

DeletedUser

Like putting a job in Que , kind of . I understand , You could pre-build but have to wait x period of time before it was able to function . I don't like that either . You should not be allowed to start construction until it is able to function . You build it , it works for a week , it goes away , and You can't build it for x length of time .