Town Events/competitions

DeletedUser

i think the town members "donating" items isnt really the way to go. i think that it should be games of chance kind of like "anti jobs" where instead of getting paid in money and xp, you pay money (or even xp!) for a chance to win an item. i think the real draw would be the discounts applied to the stores for the time being, and i think that if its hard enough to build, but worth the effort, everything will balance out.k
i think your right! and also that town fairs should be hosted by a diff town in the square their town is in on a map for a few days max and then move to another town. towns should get chosen by the villagers that have done the most work maybe get rewarded with a town fair!?:unsure:

DeletedUser

I think it should be like a tombola, you see all the items available and see your chance to get each one. tickets cost $10 each but you always win something.
The items are partly from the shops and partly from the layers who donate products/ items they do not want anymore. Products must always be worth at least $5 if you sell it and town shops have a discount on the price of their goods as well: maybe half price?
The idea is that the $5 limit and the fact that you can see the items stops it being rubbish.

Towns get a profit from the $10 ticket sale: they get $5 the rest goes to pay for the items from shops.

DeletedUser

you should start the fair by doing a building everyone in the towns nearby gets messaged so they go.
The fair is difficult to produce and requires a town hall level of 5

It lasts for a week: then cannot be built for 6 weeks afterwards; this stops fairs all the time in rubbish towns.

All unsold Items at the end go back to the shops and the owners

DeletedUser

I don't think they are taking this suggestion and that's too bad, I liked it.

DeletedUser

dont lose hope. If we add to it regularly with new ideas then maybe they will notice
Evil Monkey is there any chance you could do an open ended summary of the discussion so far?
You have great talent that way :D

DeletedUser

i think that you could also work at the fair when it is on like jobs like a horse tender if there is horse racing, a dealer for poker etc, referee for duels and stall worker

i like this dea and i like the ideas of stall but would the games be simmed or do we get to play them?

DeletedUser1105

Evil Monkey is there any chance you could do an open ended summary of the discussion so far?
You have great talent that way :D

Thank you, but no.

It's weekend, so I won't be online as much.

There are some interesting ideas here, but there doesn't seem to be any agreement on how it would work.

DeletedUser

there is some good stuff but i agree its not quite there yet! needs working on! i think one of the developers that gets paid to do the job should finish it off as we have given alot of ideas!! :D

DeletedUser

I liked the original idea , but it's devolved into some kind of raffle that I'm not to fond of .

DeletedUser

Then let's take the original one, personally I really liked it too.

DeletedUser

This is a great idea,because when towns get to their 42800 points this will make towns "usles" because in s2 for example there are many towns with 42800 points.Everything has been build and towns will be used only for hotels and to buy something.So this idea is good- makes towns goals bigger :)

DeletedUser

yh but any town should be able to build it or it to only have something like general store 3 town hall 2 bank 2 instead of having full everthing or it wouldnt be fair

DeletedUser

i think masto still ment that any town can have them, just when there becomes less to do in a town this will make the game more interesting and gives people something to do! :D

Hey they could have a veg market for the tomatoes and crops harvested, maybe a harvest festival lol! maybe you could choose what typoe of fair it is! a harvest fair centred around crops, a town fair that is centred around games. Maybe a religious fair like christmas and the icon could be found through the church!? as it is a boring building and does nothing except the mysterious praying lol!