Trading

• Thread starter Gundam Sandrock
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is what I have so far, I will add more I just need input. Please just tell me if this idea is good or not and if you have a tip or something, don't post your own ideas here. Also I made it pretty strict to prevent noobs from abusing it.
Ok here it goes...

How to Trade

You can only trade if you are a part of a town. The town has to have a Trading Post, which should be only a level 1 building like the mortician, where a visiting town member can come and trade with you or vice versa.

Trading

• Can only happen with a player 1 level above or below you
  • Only 1 trade for every two hours
  • Only one item or product can be traded at a time
  • You are allowed to trade the max stackable rate of that item or product
    Example: You can trade 20x tobacco for 2x gemstones if you can do each job
  • You can only trade or receive products who's jobs you can actually do.
    Example: You want to trade for a hammer but can't construct bridges yet, so you won't be able to trade for it. Same goes for a person trying to trade it, if they can't construct bridges then they have to wait until they can to trade the hammer.
  • You can only trade products with products and items with items.
  • Now for items, only items you can wear are the items you can trade or receive very much like the product example where if you can't equip it then you can't trade it or receive it from someone else.
  • The items must be within 5 levels of each other.
  • The Minimum money you can trade with is a quarter of the item's or product's normal cost.
    Example: You want to trade some of your money for a donkey. The donkey goes for $1000 normally, so you would have to trade $250 for that donkey minimum.
    (Although this is exactly the same as in stores, it will keep people with multiple accounts struggling to trade because it would cost them more)
  • Premium members can trade once every hour

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think there are too many limitations and useless conditions to the point where trading will be too much trouble to be worth it. My opinions:
1. Have a long delay between trades, at least four hours, then lower the time depending on your trading skill down to no lower then two hours, this allows some leeway for those who plan to be "merchant types", while still preventing abuse.

2. Allow trading of all items and products, but add a "tax" on products depending on how many labor points you need to do that job. This way, a pure dueler can still get worker products for instance, but he will really have to shell out cash for it.

3. Allow trading between cash, products, and items. (No I'm not mad, look below.)

4. The total shop price worth on both sides of the trade is added up, the lower total must be at least 80% of the higher total.
I.e.
Player One trades 375 cash and a donkey (250 purchase). His total would then be 500 (375 cash plus (250 purchase price *.5 shop worth))
Player Two must then trade at least 500*.8, or 400 cash worth.

This leaves a 20% possible profit margin, in this case, 100 dollars. Keep in mind, though, that trades like this would be very rare and only those who are the most desperate for an item would pay the highest price, so in reality profits will not be so high.

That's my two cents.

DeletedUser

Heres an idea

make the trading post a building like you said, right, but how about this...

One person offers a trade, lets say a donkey and a grey bandana. Now, the offer that can be made for these things depends on the level of the building. If its lvl 1 it can only vary by $5 but if its say, lvl 5 it can vary by $25.

So the donkey and bandana can be sold for $130, and lets say the trading post is lvl 2 you could trade it for a red bow...

Then again, that doesnt seem very fair...

alternately, maybe you could trade by purchase price...

DeletedUser

I dont know... it seemed like a good idea in my head but the math doesnt make it look too good...

DeletedUser

• The Minimum money you can trade with is a quarter of the item's or product's normal cost.
    Example: You want to trade some of your money for a donkey. The donkey goes for $1000 normally, so you would have to trade $250 for that donkey minimum.
    (Although this is exactly the same as in stores, it will keep people with multiple accounts struggling to trade because it would cost them more)

Please elaborate, what is the item's or product's normal cost? Is it the purchase price? The shop value? Also, you seem to be misled about game mechanics.

Outsider purchases donkey for 1000, he can sell it for 125 to any town.
However, despite paying 1000 for it, it will still always show up in your inventory as 250 purchase price, therefore, that would mean other players would have to pay at least 62.5 cash for it.

This means that essentially, the shop value of an item from your town is *.50 of what you paid, while an item purchases not from your town has a value of *.125
(Donkey bought for 250 sells for 1/2, donkey bought for 1000 sells for 1/8)

DeletedUser

All this is to confusing for the normal player to understand^^ and noone would take the time out to even want to trade.

DeletedUser

any more simpler and people will abuse it as the mods say

DeletedUser

Rule number one all of a sudden makes trading almost useless...

DeletedUser

yea but it would be possible and i really find it hard for people to abuse this system

DeletedUser

It will be implemented, according to the help file under coming updates. And I would definitely take the time out to trade, if possible, I plan to make the bulk of my income through trading my town stock items.

About abusing the system, you really can't abuse it without multi-accounting. Stop multi-accounting? All problems with trading are solved, you won't even need any stupid level limitations, time limitations, value limitattions, or anything.

Possibly add a section to the end user agreement that allows Innogames to leave files which will mark each computer, heck, add a registry key to each computer if needed. There is a reason I say this rather then conventional methods. Simple IP banning is easily avoided, and banning ranges of IPs usually hurts users who haven't done anything wrong. Proxies can evade IP bans, and are eaisily availible, but the problem with detecting and eliminating proxies is that you don't know if it's someone who really just cares about their security.

Leaving files on a person's computer may sound drastic, but it really is an effective way to control multi-accounting in these days when IP's are no longer static and will change constantly. 99.99% of people will not know how to edit their registry, or will not bother. Nobody actually reads those EULAs anyways, people just stupidly click through them. As long as it is only simple files, and nothing fishy, then everything is safe, trading is fun and useful, and nobody will be the wiser. :D

Now back on topic.