Not being able to change classes sucks

DeletedUser

I started off as a builder because that is what I wanted to do, but the town I ended up in had someone who so outclassed me in building that I gave up on that. Now, I duel all of the time. Level 23 class, Level 30 Dueler. It sucks that I cannot change the class of the character as my circumstances changed. That is all.

:mad:

DeletedUser

okay, the idea is that there should be a one time optional quest where people can change their class.

DeletedUser

i fully agree buckeye i think a one time quest say at level 28. thats double the level requirement for the shaman quest. and its a one time only deal.

DeletedUser

dont think its gonna change and i dont want it to.

if your not happy whit the character you have then join another world and take the one you want.

if your not sure on what you want to be then dont pick your class when you get to lvl 10.

DeletedUser

I agree with stkli, people should choose more carefully what they want to be.

DeletedUser

It sucks that I cannot change the class of the character as my circumstances changed. That is all.

:mad:

C'est la vie.

Best you could do is spend money at the shaman to re-skill.

The good thing about not being able to change character class is that it forces players to think of the strategy they want to follow in that world and stick to it.

DeletedUser

still, maybe a one time mistake change of changing a one time non quest at like lvl 20 to be sure thats what you want

DeletedUser

That's all well and good for experienced people, but new people coming in to the game like me with this character want to dive in and start experiencing the game. And I'm not going to train up a character on another world just to try out a class with a slightly different skill set. That's silly. Just because I made the mistake of getting excited about the game and jumping in to a class doesn't mean I should get stuck with a gimped character. That will just make more people quit, not draw them into the game.

DeletedUser

when you pick a class it tells you it will be for ever and that you will not be able to change if you deside to pick a class.
its even in red to make sure that you see this might be important.

and if you then pick a class anyway there is a pop-up that tells you the same thing one more time and ask you if you are sure that you want that class.

if you after all that are not able to thing "hmm mabey i should whait until im sure this is what i want to be?" then i dont know what will.
and now were you then realise that it was a misstake you want to be able to change it!

whats next then. should we all be able to reset our skill at lvl 30 just incase we made a bad choice.

learn to live whit it. you are still able to do the same thing as all others.
and if you really so bad want to pick another class then join another world.

DeletedUser

I think the OP's problem is that he's in a town where he's so outclassed in his class that he doesn't use it. My suggestion would be to change towns. If there's a ghost town nearby, perhaps your current town wants it occupied? As a lower level worker, you would be ideal to build it up, leaving the higher level worker to work on the original town.

DeletedUser

hes speaking to something more than that. hes talking about the ability to change your class ONCE because you made a mistake or would rather play a different character. on world 2 i play an adventurer, but im actually my towns worker because i have the highest build rating. i would gladly change to worker status their. you are not always in control of what happens down the road, and i think that there should definately be a once in a lifetime chance to change your class. in fact thats what the quest should be named "Once in a Lifetime" and it should be rediculously hard and really expensive and once you complete it you choose your new class and bam, done. also it should only be available for 4 levels of play. like 26-30. that way you dont have someone hold on to the quest until their town is maxed out and then change to dueler or something.

DeletedUser2692

I think you should be able to change character class once as well because has anyone here ever changed their career in real life because the made a mistake. I really like the idea of a one time deal.

DeletedUser

besides it fits the whole wild west story..... "simple farmer has a dirty past and something happens to where he has to pick up a gun and show everyone hes an awesome dueller" or "badass lawman rules with an iron fist and travels the countryside but really just wants to settle down and have kids with the local brothel madame". the hollywood west is built on career changes.

DeletedUser

One Class change at level 25-30 perhaps?
(Meaning you have 5 levels to make a choice of change, of which you either make a change of class, or don't, once you surpass level 30 then you stuck with the class you've chosen.

Problem is, people could abuse this by using the advantages of being a worker to get up levels faster, then change so then they're a high level dueller/soldier.

A way around this would be that, if you make a change towards another class, you will then only have half the advantage of that class. (Possibly half of the previous class as well?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NOt sure why he feels he can't compete unless he changes class. Most of the advantages for classes are very small anyway

A prejudiced view of the class advantages-on the a 3 point scale
1- useless {hardly noticeable}
2- nice {would rather have it than not}
3- good {an actual useful advantage}

Worker
+5% exp doing jobs (nice)
+5% const.points (nice)
+10% building motiv. increase (useless)

Adventurer
+10% find item (nice)
-10% damage (useless)
Free hotel $40 hotel room (nice)

Dueler
+10% speed (useless)
+10% money dueling (nice)
+20% motiv dueling (useless)

Soldier
increased health (useless)
better weapon (nice)
+50% tactics (good)

GreenHorn
none

A "worker" who duels is MUCH better off than a "dueler" who doesn't, and almost as well off as a "dueler" who DUELS. (10 pts motiv/day vs 12pts motiv/day, 5% exp gain on side jobs vs 10% increase in money in duels[won])