• I would love to see this on the game.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I deem this rasist, I say no strongly.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

dummest idea ever its so wrong on so many levels just suggesting a thing with such symbolism is stupid in my mind

DeletedUser

I don't mind the idea if they do it to some guy who goes around constantly duelling one person over and over, or constantly duels several people.
This idea would be awesomely effective if it was just to attack those who duel cruelly.
If the dullest skills can match up against XX amount of people then go that duellist, if not, then they'll hopefully learn.
Remember we're not talking about killing, just severely beating the crap out of someone.

Let's Change the Intention of the Idea to allow the lowers to mass against the cruel Duellists of our West World! :D

DeletedUser

If You allow "Mobs" to exist to beat up on "cruel duelist" then they exist .
"Mobs" aren't well known for their intelligence , Mob justice is not just . If this is allowed , then the "mobs" might start by attacking duelers preying on a town , but they'll probably move on to 'preemptive' attacks on someone just passing through . I just see no "Good" use for a system like this .

DeletedUser

Discussions about connotations aside, I see no place for such an idea in this game. It is far too violent and random (a duel is at least supposed to be honourable, but the current duel system could use some work in that direction), and simply doesn't fit into this game, which is supposed to be appropriate for all ages, after all.

DeletedUser

it would be kinda funny though.....log in and check your reports and get a little play through like the duels but instead your strung up by torch fire and the top says "youve been lynched!"

DeletedUser

Well said, Brother Jones

I agree with Brother Jones, there is simply no positive application for this idea, and it should merit no further discussion.

DeletedUser

Well, it's still plausible. What I envision is, for instance, Player 1 duels players 2-6 in rapid succession, who are all lower dueling level. All players get a report about the duel. At the bottom of the report it says "Player 1 has dueled four or more players of lower dueling level in a 24 hour period. Incite a mob against this player?" Each player has an option of "starting a mob", so Player 2 chooses to do so. Players 3-6 receive a report saying "Someone has started a mob. Join this mob?" They have a 24 hour period to accept, and after 24 hours the group mass duels the person. The application is obviously limiting duelers from attacking too many players who are much lower then them.
Sound like fun. :p

DeletedUser

Because of the controversy that lynching might bring to the game, I doubt this can ever even be consider to be implemented.

In fact, it's strange that the mods haven't yet closed this thread.

DeletedUser

Each player has an option of "starting a mob",
I'm not sure this would gain a lot of support , the posse concept didn't
However , if You feel strongly about it , start a new thread .
That way Your idea will get a fair review with out all the word bigotry .

DeletedUser

No Way, no how

The idea doesnt have any place in this game as it is. If you rephrase it, call it something else, maybe. But as it is, no chance. Could the mods please close this thread now?:huh:

DeletedUser

i think its a cool idea, it goes with the west theme. Lots of people got lynched in those days. Isnt lynching the same as hanging and werent there more than just african americans hung? Just a question. I'm African American myself, and I don't think its racist:) If we had a cross burning or the rebel flag posted everywhere tho I would definitely be offended. What offends me more is people assuming that we "blacks" get offended over the small stuff.

DeletedUser

Lynching isn't just hanging, it's mob rule execution by hanging.

No trial, nor judge, no jury, only a bloodthirsty mob.

DeletedUser

ya i know, but it wasnt like african americans were the only ones that got lynched tho. killers, thieves, rapists, all of the above did too:blink:

DeletedUser

It really doesnt matter about the def anyways, I just think it kinda goes with the wild west theme to have it in the game. I mean if u have the wanted posters and all why not the lynching and/or hanging too? I find the people that thinks things like this offend others are usually not the minority. Like I said, I am African American myself. I don't see how lynching has anything to do with being racist:)

DeletedUser

Just another input whoever said the KKK wasnt racist is wrong. They are a known racist occult. Whether it be past or present:) And so far all I'm hearing is "black friends" this and "black friends" that...lol I'm black! and Proud of it! Also, I want to say to the southern gentleman about being offended with the union flag, I completely understand. It all comes down to what the object, word, phrase, whateva means to you. The rebel flag offends me but not because of the flag but what it represents: The Confederate States of America's fight to continue using slaves. And as for the Union Flag it means the Unions fight to stop a heritage. I understand:) The question is: How many of you do? Not all African Americans are offended by every little thing and hate all "whities"..Sorry, just something I feel strongly about. I'm from St Louis and that is all ive heard all my life is how us "blacks" think that the "whites" owe us something. But, we don't! We just want to live our life and let everyone get on with theirs! That's all weve ever wanted. Was freedom and the right to choose. And now all we hear is everyone griping about how cry over everything. Well, now Obama is president how many "whites" are crying over that? Thats a pretty big generalization!

DeletedUser

I agree that this thread should prob be closed because if we continue with it Civil War 2 will prob break out...lol

DeletedUser

Damn threadnecs!

But, since it's already been resurrected....

People in the old west were hung for crimes thay did like stilling a horse are shouting a women are robing someone are killing someone it was a form of punshment to try to stop people from commiting volint crimes. If I am wrong in my opium sorry. ps that is what I think and sorry my spelling is wrong.

Wrong is not the word I would use. :nowink:

Lynching isn't just hanging, it's mob rule execution by hanging.

No trial, nor judge, no jury, only a bloodthirsty mob.

Ehhh... narrow that mob down to 1 and you've just described one of the 4 in-game classes. I'll bet you can guess which one, even. :dry: :laugh: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.