Calumet

DeletedUser

Well, we can hope it's for a new quest, and all the people who went the $500 route will be upset.
Mostly, right now it shows you didn't feel you needed $500 that much.

DeletedUser

what is it?:unsure:
A Calumet is a Native American smoking pipe carved out of pipestone, sometimes called a "peace pipe".

kevlar.... I have not made my decision. I can go either way but, like the handcuffs we got in the beginning... we got them, I hung onto mine, now they are needed. That is the one reason I am considering the calumet over the money. It does not cost much to buy according to its details.... but have you ever seen it for sale?

DeletedUser

That is the one reason I am considering the calumet over the money. It does not cost much to buy according to its details.... but have you ever seen it for sale?

I could be wrong, but I believe CURRENTLY job products can't be purchased anywhere. I think the only reason they have a buy value, is because the ability to sell & purchase them in stores may be coming to the game eventually.

Also, the calumet is the job product for Selling guns to indians, so you can get it back, but decide if it is worthwhile first. The difficulty for that job is VERY HIGH.

DeletedUser

And so far because of the rarity and the fact I am nowhere near Indian trading.... I will likely keep it. I just want to know what it is for

Has anyone also heard any rumors that when you receive the tool box you get another quest?

DeletedUser

As long as you have the toolbox in your product slot, you will see a new quest (from Henry). If you take it out of the slot (before completing), the quest will go grey. It comes back if you put the toolbox back in your product slot

DeletedUser

I wouldn't worry too much about the "Toolbox" quest unless you have high Dexterity ... you need 25 repairing to complete the quest and the reward is fairly minimal.

DeletedUser

I'd keep the calumet for the possible new quest as well. $500 isn't very big actually, I can earn that in a day's time, and if you can drill oil or dig silver, it'll only take hours. But if you give up this chance of getting a calumet, chances are high it'll take you months before you are able to get another one from the selling gun job, not to mention other details like the skill points investment etc... not worth it really.

DeletedUser

I have this great difficulty on jobs like building bridges, catching horses and soon building windmills. I cant do them but they are needed for many quests. Those things are hard or in this time impossible for many of us to do. The only high construction job I can do is building railroad stations but still can't get the sledgehammer for a quest before the train ticket I found on that is needed. In this time, you'd be lucky if you chose to be a builder with high construction skills early on.

I hope that tomorrow, when some of the jobs are reconfigured, it'll be easier to do that although I received a tip that building windmills will be much harder to do at that point. I also hope that easier jobs will have higher luck so getting good items will be easier for us.

DeletedUser

I hope that tomorrow, when some of the jobs are reconfigured, it'll be easier to do that although I received a tip that building windmills will be much harder to do at that point. I also hope that easier jobs will have higher luck so getting good items will be easier for us.

It's suppose to be harder all the way by what I understood. what do you mean "tomorrow"? do you know for sure when will it be implemented?

DeletedUser

It's suppose to be harder all the way by what I understood. what do you mean "tomorrow"? do you know for sure when will it be implemented?
Tomorrow the game will be updated to version 1.14. take a look at this:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=8018

A guy had mailed me that after the update, building windmills will now need like 172 skill points to do rather than just 100+ like what it is right now. I just don't know if this is to be true.

DeletedUser

in my mind,i would take the cash,because i hate questing for stuff less than 9% unless it has lots of money for the reward,thats the reason i needed it for a few clothes,so if you took the calumet(peace pipe)but i think there wont be a future quest which requires it,because in peace negotiations.if u have adv class+premium,your only likely to get it minimal.

Red Falcon

Personally, I still don't understand why they had to make the jobs HARDER rather than easier. It is kind of an upset to me, because back then I was SO CLOSE to being able to do the barbed wire job and then they raised the Skill Requirements for all those jobs. I was not very happy with that update...They should revert to back to the way they had it before...