Tax, Taxes, Taxing System

DeletedUser

The thing is that these suggestions seek to avoid the tensions between differing levels of contribution. For me these give the game spice. if you take this suggestion to it's logical conclusion there is hardly any need to have humans play it at all.

DeletedUser1105

I like voluntarily donating my money to my town. I am behind in quests on World 1 because I spend my money on the town instead of on the items I need for the quests.

But if it was just taken out of my money, I'd be a little less inclined to donate most of my money and the town would be a little poorer. As would my experience of the game.

DeletedUser

I am the founder of my/our town, and have built 83 more hours than the second highest and donated almost 2,000 more than the second highest there. In spite of that, I don't like the idea of forcing people to donate. All I ask of the members in our town is that they give whatever they feel they can do, time or money. Unless the other members start feeling like they're carrying one (or more) of the other members and complain about it, I have no problem with keeping things the way they are.

Most people do want to do their share, and if you really don't feel that one person is trying, why not just get rid of them rather than penalizing all members?

DeletedUser3741

Taxation could be seen as an easier method of donating

If they were going to donate anyways then whats the problem of doing it automatically thru taxing?

DeletedUser

It takes the free will out of it .
I don't mind giving , I hate being made to .
If they are donating freely , why force then to ?

DeletedUser

My 2 cents worth

Right you are Oak. Free will, well it just aint something you see s' much of these days. But free choice there has to be, plain 'n simple.
Oh Oak, I better warn ye, Miss Celc is looking for you and she's powerful riled. Dont know about what, but she did say she was fixing to cut a switch.

DeletedUser

My town in W3 has rules you know before going in about your expected contribution to the town. $300 to get in and a minimum of $40 a day per person for everyone. It is temporarily suspended at times to allow our builders and duelers save to acquire an equipment upgrade. I keep a spreadsheet of donations and report every 2 days on the last period's average.

DeletedUser

You whimpering Lil' Welps!! I caught ya!!

We are in total agreement for once sdjx22 . The founders want the town to grow , quickly to make recruiting easier . However , if the requirements You place on Your town members are to harsh , they'll leave . You need to allow the players to the freedom to enjoy the game , in whatever way they want , and still give the town enough support that it can grow . The responsibility of colleting "taxes" are on the founders and councilmen .

It takes the free will out of it .
I don't mind giving , I hate being made to .
If they are donating freely , why force then to ?

Right you are Oak. Free will, well it just aint something you see s' much of these days. But free choice there has to be, plain 'n simple.
Oh Oak, I better warn ye, Miss Celc is looking for you and she's powerful riled. Dont know about what, but she did say she was fixing to cut a switch.

Hmmm-um, Excuse me, my dear Mr. Jones. But since when has that thar tax donation been enforced? When we're you necessarily ever told in all your many days in Granger Pass that you had to give what Kylehaury set as what he'd like us to donate? Even I remember Kylehaury saying to give what we could build what you could. That personal growth was just as important to the game.

So what are you complaining about? You got it made in Granger Pass.

And you, Mr. BT Prudhomme, you instigating turkey, you just had to warn him din't ya??!

Now both of you, Get back to Granger Pass and finish your chores. That residence can't remodel itself, now, ya hear? March, Soldiers!:p

DeletedUser1105

Celc, I don't think he was complaining. He was just saying that there is no need for a taxation system.

DeletedUser

Thank You SDJX22 , That's My point exactly . Plain English then .
There is no need for an automated taxation system .
The founders/councilors should enforce the towns required donation/tax themselves .
If You find that to burdensome don't found a town or become a councilor .
If the town ask to much , move .

DeletedUser

Thank You SDJX22 , That's My point exactly . Plain English then .
There is no need for an automated taxation system .
The founders/councilors should enforce the towns required donation/tax themselves .
If You find that to burdensome don't found a town or become a councilor .
If the town ask to much , move .

:laughg:Well, thank you kindly, Mr. Oakley, for rephrasing. I feel much, much better, now.
But watch it. I have set a fine building/donating example, myself. Or do I need to post how much work and money I put it. Your supposed to brag about how good you have it in our town of Granger Pass, not post in a thread about taxes, like you have tyrants for a mayor/councilors.:winkg:What do you think folks are thinking? lol

Now, get back to town, and quit lolly-gagging in the main forums, I have a roof that needs fixing..... lol

And sdjx22, You ought to see the uproar this thread has caused in my ingame mailbox. grrrr, everyone thinking now that don't have to give to the town. grrrrr, like it all should just come out of my pockets and off my own hammer.:tongue: (seriously, did you not notice the wink in the title of my post? If I don't grip at these 2 at least 1x a day, they think I hate'em. So, tis my duty to be a crotchety old woman. lol)

DeletedUser

where would they put the taxes
into the treasury or wat?
they cant give it 2 founder can they
it would be nice if they did though

DeletedUser

They donate to the treasury. Haven't had a problem in my town, but everyone wants it to grow and does what they can. So we don't enforce the tax. Why when there is no need.
I see no need for an automated tax, not when you have decent players that can encourage one another.

DeletedUser

Death to Taxes !!!

I like voluntarily donating my money to my town... I'd be a little less inclined to donate most of my money and the town would be a little poorer. As would my experience of the game.

Amen!

I don't like the idea of forcing people to donate... Most people do want to do their share...

Amen!

I don't mind giving , I hate being made to.

Amen! Amen!

There is no need for an automated taxation system. The founders/councilors should enforce the towns required donation/tax themselves. If You find that to burdensome don't found a town or become a councilor. If the town ask to much , move .

Amen. Amen.

Those who want taxes need to spend some time reading IRS Publication 17, Pub 915, Pub 972, Form 1040, Schedules C & E... ad infinitum.:sad: Then they can build another online game called The Bureaucrats. People will line up to join. :nowink:

If you're hanging around a bunch of selfish gunslingers who shoot folk so they can take their money and buy a better hat - don't be surprised when they don't like to contribute. There is a reason that the hideouts of most western gangs were caves and run-down saloons. They didn't have a very high rank in community spirit. :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would not appreciate being taxed.

The current system is fine. Donations can be monitored.

DeletedUser

Until someone else raises it again .
"Eternal vigilance is the cost of freedom."