Freelance building

DeletedUser1105

Magezard, I also said:

They definately have the code. They run a game called Tribal Wars which has a very good trading system in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was kind of hoping this wouldn't be seen as a trading thread. In my eyes it's exchanging money for work (a paid job), not exchanging items for items or even items for cash. But having said that i can see it would alter the dynamics of the game, and would require thorough examination / all possibilities played out etc.

So long as it's on the list of 'things to do' i'm happy to accept that.

P.S. I wasn't aware we were alowed to mention Tribal Wars on these pages, but yes, i'm a huge fan. Especially of speed (or was until 3 weeks ago!)

DeletedUser1105

I don't think tribal wars discussions are allowed apart from in off topic, but if it's relevent to the discussion then I think it's only fair.

Yes, all it says is 'Trade' on the list of ideas. It certainly doesn't mention freelance/mercenary work, so it's a worthwhile thread.

DeletedUser

Hmm most of the workers go to the big towns there some small ones that cant find workers to recruit.I think that a "freelancer" wouldnt be as useless as some of you may think.

DeletedUser

The reason we don't have trading is that it is too open to abuse.

And yet, every game I know of allows for free trading between players, with only one or two that don't, of which The West is one of them. It's practically a requirement these days that games allow trading. Can it be abused? Sure, but if all the popular online games can manage it, then I'm sure The West can too.

As for the suggestion itself, I think it's a great one. The process for hiring someone has to, ideally, be fast and hassle-free or nobody would bother with it. It would have to be cost-effective and competitive with normal builders that are the town members, while maintaining a balance that town affiliated workers are not put out of a job. The ideal situation is that "hired hands" are more effective in some cases, while in some cases they are not. One situation would be if the workers leave on vacation for a week, the town hires paid workers, while normally the town's worker is the one building. Or if the town wants to rush through a building, and hires workers to make it go faster. If the hired workers were always more cost-effective, though, then ovbiously town workers would not be needed anymore, unbalancing the game.

Conclusion: This would require large changes to the game, however it goes hand in hand with the "town guard" ideas (which look like they have enough support based on polling results), that this could be easily implemented under the same system, and is a good idea to allow builders a way to make use of their skills, as guarding will be for soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm most of the workers go to the big towns there some small ones that cant find workers to recruit.I think that a "freelancer" wouldnt be as useless as some of you may think.

Not nescessarily. The bigger towns often have enough, but a "freelancer" might help kickstart the little ones.

I'm confused: what is the problem with trading it is amazing in tribal wars.:unsure:

DeletedUser

the trading or even giving is severly limited in tribalwars.. in such they have a hard coded system to check for sitters/same ip.. and you can only send just so much to some newguy before it's a waste.. and it's all replinishable stuff that you CAN send.. "resources" and you cannot SELL those resources in that game.. no matter what you send in this game it has a monitary value IE: if everyone in the tribe sends me one orange.. I sell those oranges for money and I go buy a fancy cap.. that is a direct gain.. tribal wars.. everyone sends me 10 wood 10 clay etc.. I only get 10 wood and 10 clay and can't do anything to better anything but my village and you can say that resources = resources.. but in tribalwars I cannot go out and "BUY" a new paladin weapon with the resoures.. here you could

DeletedUser

dont see this idea happen at all.
why?
- it will speed up the game and the devs allready think we are going to fast.
- its another way of trading.
- it whould take up to much time from the mods to make sure it is not abused.
- it will give small towns a way to over run other small towns. the princip of TW and this game is more or less the same "easy to learn hard to master" if this ever happen it whould only be people whit freinds from other world that do good sins they will have a new way to help each other, and that whould make it hard for new people to get in.
- it whould make it harder for low lvl builders to be a part of town, sins people whould just hire a some good builders insted and only take in moneymakers to there town.

this is my oppinion anyway.

DeletedUser

It would be too easy to abuse though, because you are basically asking for a way to give cash to other players, which is trading.
If both players had to be on at the same time and you weren't able to transfer money to the other account on your internet line then it wouldn't be that abusable. :indian:

DeletedUser

the problem with that is that most people are offline most of the time so hooking up to trade a few oranges would be quite a drag. presumably it has to be real-place?

DeletedUser

the problem with that is that most people are offline most of the time so hooking up to trade a few oranges would be quite a drag. presumably it has to be real-place?
Theres things called communication and arranging meetings.

DeletedUser

I know, but just picturing it in practice, i think it would be a complicated drag. you go 6 hours across the map but the other guy is offline when you get there etc