Praying in the church

DeletedUser

What effect does praying in the church have on your character?

DeletedUser

No one knows for sure. If you use the search feature on the toolbar above you can search praying and see all the speculation(s).

DeletedUser2708

It helps us "spot the noobs," because they post about it right away.... ;)

DeletedUser

Would you quit being a troll? There is no good reason for you to mistreat prople like that.

DeletedUser

Has no purpose. Most believe that it raises luck of finding items and decreases danger during jobs, so that's what we normally tell people.

Also, too much praying, apparently, has the exact opposite effect.

DeletedUser

I could not get my ham.. so prayed and did another few jobs - tended pigs -still no ham, prayed again,, did another job,, tended pigs for half hour and got 2 hams!! sooo.... was it the praying?? - alternating jobs?? or the combo of both that got me the hams.... No real way to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

bountyhunter_small.png

the only way to see how praying effects is if tons of players pray the same time on work the same time

DeletedUser

i prayed,did the job hunting buffalos,prayed again,did the job hunting buffalos-endedup being KO-lost 300 health points each job-600 plus points in total.go figure

DeletedUser

The devs had said that praying too much can have a negative effect. Other than that they aren't talking.

DeletedUser1105

I don't know why people try to figure it out. The amount of data that would have to be collected and analysed (even for a singly hypothesis) would be ridiculously big to be able to even give nothing better than a slightly informed guess.

DeletedUser

I don't know why people try to figure it out. The amount of data that would have to be collected and analysed (even for a singly hypothesis) would be ridiculously big to be able to even give nothing better than a slightly informed guess.

Yep. It's kind of hard to determine the effects of prayer on luck when we don't have any idea how item drops, or store items, are determined in the first place. If you don't know how the control group works, any experiment is impossible. As far as injuries go, I think we could figure out a formula, but it's a waste of time.