It's a Hotel... Not a Safe Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The issue that we're seeing from my experience is that for example, we are decimating a town but it's leadership is ******ed so they keep rushing guys over to us then having them sleep, wake up attack and go back to sleep for a few minutes as was stated. they get nothing not experience or money from the attacks.
it actually hurts the game dynamic, there's only so much a weaker town is going to endure before people stop playing you see that on every server. As a BUSINESS the west should want to fix all things that mess with imbalance or loopholes and perfect it's dueling. So that people are more interested in paying to play.

I have a better idea. No sleeping in hotels where you have attacked someone. Give the town founder the ability to ban trouble makers from his hotel. What town of people would let a man who murdered one of their town members sleep in their hotel?

The reason to give the founder that ability is that in case a truce is made or an alliance.

DeletedUser

The issue is pointless in My opinion . You are able to retaliate , just not as quickly as You seem to want . The "Dueler" in question can not sleep forever . You simply have to wait until he is out of the hotel .

DeletedUser

When Clint kills people he usually stays in the hotel afterwards.....and gets drink and gets a dolly bird. If it's good enough for Clint it's good enough for me.

DeletedUser

no i fully understand the issue here. attack without the ability to retaliate is not good for the game, and although the people may not be gaining much money, they are still gaining xp. there should definately be a rule where you cant sleep in a town where you have dueled a member in the last 24 hours. i mean come on, clint slept in the hotel because the brothel madame was his girlfriend (because he is the man) and he was shootin up the bad guys. the bad guys always run out of town on horses throwing fire. and they dont come back for at least 24 hours. its science.

DeletedUser

and oakley thats not true. if the guy jumps into a hotel as soon as he is done dueling, then qeues a fight, then cancels the sleep and qeues sleep again the server lag will not allow you to retaliate at all. and he can keep doing this.

DeletedUser

Well you guys can waste a lot of hot air trying to get this approved.
Then I guess i have to walk 2 mins to the hotel next door....what a drag.
[by the way, the situation you describe is not one that i actually DO as a dueller!]
Certainly sleep in the town on occasion, but ducking in and out? that is an expensive waste of time. What a dueller does is to duel people who he thinks he can beat until his health is too low THEN sleep for 8 hours in the hotel.

People think that duellers have an endless supply of money, health, motivation, energy etc. The reverse is actually true.

DeletedUser

I guess I should have been a little clearer on my intent with some background on why the issue came up. This isn't specific to just duelers and its not specific to gaining XP or cash.

Where this happens is when Towns go to "War" with one another. The fighters just sit in the towns and shoot at anything that moves and then duck into the hotel.

My experience with this is that *I* was doing it, along with my town-mates (none of which, are duelers, I might add). I am an adventurer so running out of money using the Hotel is a mute point. I was not dueling for the sake of XP or cash. We were at War and the point was to "KO" as many players as possible. The other town also used this same tactic so this War between fighters quickly digressed into the fighters camping in each others towns and shooting up the workers. The fighters wouldn't stay out in the open long enough to duel each other.

And as for the duelist eventually running out of money (or motivation), well, they just disband from the town for a few days. Go wander around doing jobs and then come back and start over.

With all that being said,
I like the idea of a Town founder having the ability to block a player from using the hotel. Or restricting the "protection" while sleeping to only apply when you're sleeping in your town's hotel, and not other hotels.

DeletedUser

OK i get you. but the point about the guy just going next door still apples. So this won't solve the 'problem'
the problem is actually larger than you say it is, that the gameplay is counter-intuitive and unrewarding.
Perhaps duels having to take place 'real-place' might make a difference?

DeletedUser

True. Going to a nearby town won't completely destroy this tactic but it at least gives the fighters more of a chance to duel one-another. Even if the town was 5 minutes away, that would double the window of opportunity to hit them (5 min walk, 10 min duel, 5 min walk back).

How about the idea someone else posted, about having a time restriction between sleeping, much like disbanding/joining towns (except it won't increase the more you do it). So, from the time you end the sleeping queue (naturally or canceling it) you can't queue it back up for at least 2 hours.

DeletedUser

Not being able to get rid of a person who camps a town is a serious flaw in the game ... unfortunately the remedies aren't simple.

One way to help deter this problem would be to allow people to duel players who belong to another town and are in their town and then remove/reduce the 10 minute timer. If someone is in your town - why do you have to walk to their town to duel them ?

Adding a minimum time to sleep (after starting a duel) in a foreign hotel might work but that might also be too complicated ... and won't solve the problem of how you attack someone who is from a town 6 hours away.

DeletedUser

Can anyone see any problems with just changing the duelling to actual location?

DeletedUser

I like the idea . You have to track the person down on the map , that in and of itself would drastically increase the difficulty of "Dueling" .

DeletedUser

Not necessarily, but it would make things more realistic. I'm just curious that they didn't do it in the obvious way in the first place. thought there might be some practical reason. Maybe the devs were just too hung up on tribal wars!

DeletedUser

there is a very practical reason. they dont want duellers camping hot jobsites.

DeletedUser

I like the idea . You have to track the person down on the map , that in and of itself would drastically increase the difficulty of "Dueling" .

That would make dueling near impossible I think. But regardless, that is a different discussion for a different topic.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before. I did a search and couldn't find anything so here it goes...

THE PROBLEM:

An attacking player comes into town, duels someone and then immediately goes to sleep in the hotel. He then waits for 10 minutes to pass, comes out and duels someone else and (you guessed it) goes back to sleep.
Wash, rinse, repeat

SOLUTION:

No player can stay in a the Hotel of a town they have dueled someone in for 1 hour.

Again, I apologize if this has been brought up before but after enduring nearly 3 days of dealing with attacks like this I thought it should be brought up.

Any other ideas / thoughts?

~Z~
i dont do that i attack ppl then put money in bank then go and hunt again and one day i didnt get on and like the whole town of teeswater had attacked me i had to get some help from my town we r only five min apart

DeletedUser1105

Ulthor, I'd be all for that 'real-place' duelling idea. It makes much mroe sense.

It wouldn't make duelling harder. It would make duelling specific people from specific towns harder, as you'd have to find them, but it would add to the player v player aspect rather than the town v town.

I think there would be more duels if you could duel at work sites. Nobody at a work site will be sleeping, for a start.

DeletedUser

I would rather see that after duel, you can't sleep in any hotel (except for your own) to a certain distance and with time the distance will diminish, so after 10-15 mins, you can again sleep in the enemy's town.

DeletedUser

Or even better, raise the payment for hotels so he need's to pay too much if he want's to be protected. Think of it like when a wanted criminal wants to hide. He needs to pay a tidy sum to be hidden well. The more the closer to his crimes.

DeletedUser

lol =) i'm and adventurer and i use this tactic ^^
enemy's are pissing off because of this ^^ and i like that =)

Status
Not open for further replies.