100% Motivation..

DeletedUser

I believe that certain characters shoudl always have 100% motivation at certain jobs..

Obvious examples - Mortician always has 100% motivation to dig graves / build coffins. Cowboy / Cowgirl always has 100% motivation to be a Cowboy / Break in Horses. Trappers - Hunting Turkey / Coyote. Cavalryman - Guard the Fort / Shoe Horses.

I would think about taking it a little further, perhaps those couple of jobs be available earlier (perhaps -10 skill points) to the characters, it would make choosing a character far more intersting.

DeletedUser

Always 100% motivation might be a bit too much, though maybe small bonuses for certain jobs depending on the "subclass/title/whatever" would be nice.

It would certainly add a bit more depth other than just deciding which portrait you want for your character.

DeletedUser

It's just tinkering round the edges to make everyone end up back where they were.

DeletedUser

I don't think there are many people who want to do tha same job all over again.

DeletedUser

people already made their decision without knowing about the 'advantage' of motivation they'd have, so implementing now would be unfair unless we were alowd to choose our classes again

DeletedUser

the pictures are for character customization. at most they should each have like a 1% bonus to something or other.

DeletedUser2708

ROFLMAO Ulthor, you are an island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea. ROFLMAO

DeletedUser

Not sure you'd wanna see my picture.

Don't see how it would make a difference implementing this now, hell they just set me back about 5 weeks on quests with that recent job re-allocation of points and positioning of jobs!

I had been searching Gemstones for weeks and flogging them for stuff at the shop since they were worth allot and not difficult to come by, my next quest I needed Gemstones and suddenly I couldn't search for them anymore thanks to that switch.

Same with breaking in horses no longer gets you Horse shoes...

That was more of a screw with everyone than this would possibly be.

I dont see how giving certain sub-class chars 100% motivation & easier access to certain jobs would screw the worlds up more than that switch as long as it is balanced.

DeletedUser3741

I would love to have my best jobs endlessly
I would abuse it ever so much

DeletedUser

its called conformity. lets say we implement the top 5 talked about ideas i have read today, and put them all in a bundle. like 4 of them were about making stuff that gives bonuses based on class or picture or attributes chosen. what do we see happen with this? SOMEONE figures out that this particular build/class/picture combo makes the game REALLY EASY and then suddenly EVERYONE starts making those characters. then EVERYONE is the same and everything is BORING.

DeletedUser

Never losing motivation from certain jobs is unrealistic and unbalancing .
Slowing motivation loss at certain jobs by class would be better .
Duelers - any "rob" job
Soldiers - any "protect" job
Workers - any "build" job
Adventures - any "hunt" job
Motivation drops half as quickly at certain job by class or some such .

DeletedUser

is it really worth bothering with something that just ends up the same when you balance it?

DeletedUser

Idea is fresh, and if the motivation of certain jobs for certain characters will go lower at 1/2 rates, it'd be more realistic.

But then I really don't agree with all this.

DeletedUser

no ful motivation would just make people do the same job over and over

DeletedUser

Even if that job isn't productive any more? A level 35 Trapper isn't going to keep hunting turkey.

DeletedUser

But he could "hunt" bounty , or "hunt" grizzly" .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I had been searching Gemstones for weeks and flogging them for stuff at the shop since they were worth allot and not difficult to come by, my next quest I needed Gemstones and suddenly I couldn't search for them anymore thanks to that switch.

A smarter person would have kept the one's needed for the quest and only sold additional items.