Events

DeletedUser

lol i love all these guys knowledge i know where to go if i have a report on the-west

DeletedUser

jewish!?!? in the west??? umm no it was mainly irish catholic, protestants and asians, most jewish folks didn't arrive untill 1890s and more recently, this is because it was then they were begining to be exilied from russia and suffering from poverty in poland the "old" immigrants came from north west europe and it was theh, for the most part that colonized the west. and as for the asians, they came from china to build the transcontinental rr

Actually the Chinese who labored on the RR were mostly here before the Forty-Niners. They got here before word got back east. The prospectors came overland. across the Central American ithmus or around the Cape of Good Hope the long way. Ships had word in China long before our people in the midwest and fareastern cities were even aware of it.

DeletedUser

well, the colonisation was over for that time, but they still built big towns in those colonisation points and mostly lived there:dry:

DeletedUser

how do we even know the time when this game is based on anyway i mean we can guess roughly but is there a set in stone time

DeletedUser

lol i love all these guys knowledge i know where to go if i have a report on the-west

I live in THE WEST. BTW, I am a next door neighbor to Death Valley, CA in the Mojave Desert. There are actually several living and fully "dead" ghost towns within an hour drive of my house.

DeletedUser

how do we even know the time when this game is based on anyway i mean we can guess roughly but is there a set in stone time
It is most likely after 1848 (the discovery of gold at Sutter's Mill) and 1868 (the connecting of the UP and CP at Promontory Point , UT) with the large number of RR stations to be built

DeletedUser

I live in THE WEST. BTW, I am a next door neighbor to Death Valley, CA in the Mojave Desert. There are actually several living and fully "dead" ghost towns within an hour drive of my house.

ghost towns tht wud be gr8 for when you are younger

DeletedUser2708

Take that, Van Heflin!

Check the DVD extras on "3:10 to Yuma," there's an interesting one where they explain how none of the top five or six things people think of when they think of the West actually existed at the same time. :bandit::indian:

DeletedUser

we are in the second half of the 19th century. thats when our game is set. so 1850-1900