Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This is a thread for people who are major political activists. This is a worldwide thread for people who want to talk of their countries corrupt and (MAYBE) good. I myself am a Anti-America. I may be a teeanger but I still support men and women who fight for freedom from corrupt goverment officials. I'm also a huge supporter of RATM, Zapatista Army of National Liberation, and anyone who is controlled by a corrupt goverment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am very left wing and anarchist (the bottom-left of the spectrum, as far away from Capitalism and Totalitarianism as is possible)

When it gets right down to it, the absolute perfect system of politics for me is Anarcho-Primitivism.

DeletedUser

just communism, non of that russia/china stuff. but the way marx intended it to be

DeletedUser

Well anything about your leaders? You all the crap happening with the inaugaration of President Hussein Obama. And anyone got a match and an american flag?

DeletedUser

like this?

eh just realized i can't post the flag :(

DeletedUser

All these people hate America but like to play a game about the development of the country? Makes sense.....................

DeletedUser

lol then they claim america is not the best country and blah blah when they dont have proof...

DeletedUser

I'm an American, and I have to say like every country has its bad and its good. Yes, America is a imperialistic country that wants the world, but we also managed to make it past any remaining racism to elect a black man who is the best for the job.
Every country has good and bad, just like people

DeletedUser

american children are brought up to believe that their country is better than any other country in the world. they are taught that it is perfectly fine to massacre an entire continent to save a single American citizen (this hasn't happened yet, but similar things have. give it time.). the way children are taught like this reminds me of the Hitler Youth of Nazi germany.

Americans are amost all either obese, highly prejudiced, or religiously fundamentalist. or idiots. you honestly think that electing a half-black president clears you of centuries of treating african- and native americans like a lesser race? it took you just two ammendments to your constitution to allow citizens to own guns, but it took thirteen to abolish slavery; 15 to allow all races to vote; and 19 to allow women to vote!

You continue to use the death penalty, which no truly developed country should. I have seen many examples of how Americans think that much more humane countries such as the UK continue to hang or decapitate people. This is not the case - the USA is one of very few developed countries which still kills criminals.

And you operate Guantanamo Bay, where prisoners can leave all hope of basic human rights behind. This is one of the most sick and disgusting places on earth. But no, America is truly the land of the free(!)

I would support almost every country in the world before I support the USA. Need any more proof?

The worst part is that when you read this post, you will consider it an act of JEALOSY. I assure you that here in Ireland, or indeed the rest of the world, we have absolutely NO sense of jealosy toward cruel and backward countries such as yours.

DeletedUser

I'm not America's biggest fan but all this rabid anti-Americanism is just racism and bigotry.

DeletedUser

It's only racism and bigotry if you consider Americans worse people than others, or if you have no evidence.

Neither of these is true of myself. (I do note that there is no counter-arguement available, however.)

DeletedUser

America has problems, no doubt, I have never disputed this fact. All countries have problems in one form or another. The United States has done horrible things in its history, but then again so has everybody else. The Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades, Tienamen Square, you could go on forever. I DO however find it extremely odd that if everyone hates America so much they all decide to play a game that tries to make you feel like your in the American west while it is developing.

DeletedUser

It's just fashionable to 'hate' America.
It's quite funny that Barak got in, now the liberals won't be able to hate America any more cos they'll be scared of being racist.

DeletedUser

how very true

that's whats wrong with the country, every one is afraid to take a different stance then donkey or elephant, and they shoot down the other party's ideas before they even get in their sights

DeletedUser

I have nothing against Barack Obama. If I did, I would say it as I don't care if I am considered racist. If you have read my profile, you will know that I am 50% Blackfoot and I have spent a large portion of my life in the US, where people were racist TO me, because of my Irish and Blackfoot heritage. And I would never wish that on anyone else, so I can safely say that I am not a racist.

Also, not once did I say that America is the only country who has made a mistake. However, America is one of a small group of countries which CONTINUES to make large and very bad mistakes.

And if you knew me, you would know that I would never, ever do anything just because it is "fashionable".

EDIT: And the American Old West enthralls me because I am a historian specializing in the Pacific and North America, both up until about 1880. I do not see it as the founding of America, only as one of the few times when true adventure really existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.