Crafting Items

DeletedUser

I don't think this idea is anything like ready for a vote yet.

DeletedUser

nope. and i dont think it would add enough to the game in the lower-middle range levels. now on the higher end you may be on to something... it gives people more to do once they have done it all you know? but i think it should be something thats very limited and very hard to do.

DeletedUser

Hm. I don't know about this idea. Whilst I think it'd be fun it might give too much of an advantage to those who can do good jobs. Rather than those that can't do certain jobs because they are a builder, or a dueller. It'd be another advantage to be an adventurer and it may unbalance the game.
its your choose like builder and dueler only crafter

DeletedUser

If a player gives points only in aim, dodging, and other skills needed to duel it is their decision. But you forget about stats.... It gives +1 to ALL skilla connected to the stat you add point to....

Who should be asekd to move this for a vote?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this isnt a vote yet... their hasnt really been enough discussion as to why this would help the game at all, what purpose these crafted items would have, and how you would propose a formula for creating them.

DeletedUser

keighlon please read the first post of this thread, I think everything is explained there

DeletedUser

What I read in the first post is ,
" Hey look at a way We can undermine all the balance the developers have incorporated into the game by limiting energy , motivation and health recovery !!"
I see no balance to these new perks , and lot of unnecessary make work .

DeletedUser

What is the point of gathering products then? except of doing quests I can see none.... Oh, and I never played runescape. Oh and Falk... I think it was insulting me...

DeletedUser

No insult intended . I just rephrasing what I read . Then trying to explain why I see it that way .
As for the purpose of gathering products , it's just a way for low levels to get some cash .

DeletedUser5046

excuse me? you're forgetting the quests always intend to get you products...and also they gain a lot of experience by gathering products....

DeletedUser

Okay, I was insulted by Falk not you. Oakley. But suddenly I found an example.... I was repairing a covered wagon, and received a warm meal.. Well taking this logically I may be able to eat it or not? In this game I have warm meal but I cannot eat it... Why? Don`t you think it should be usable?

This is kind far away from my suggestion because it is not creating an item but using what you found; So stick to my suggestion:

About unbdermining the balance: I do not think that drinking a coffee what gives +10 stamina once per 24 hours will really change anyhting seriously. But if You lack 2 stamina to do the job... It may be useful. And items? Oh well there are jobs with high luck (trading (25%), transport ammo(55%), trading with indians(57%) and characters doing that may find better items) so if you cannot do that job you are handicaped right? Let them at least try to make something like those which can be found...
I suppose we can bypass this by setting a grade of item to be created:

Low level: recipe cost 100$, all ingredients required are from simple jobs (fish, ham, grain, feather, etc), about rules of creating item please read the first post (consumables and clothing/weaponry)

Medium level: recipe cost 150$: all ingredients required are from simple jobs and those more "advanced".

High level: recipe cost 200$: products required for those items may be from all jobs in the game.

A player may see what products are needed to use a formula (recipe).

DeletedUser5046

i thought of that to... but we-non-premium-players-might find it a big deal unless it will be a different queue for crafting...get it?

*we are lucky the warm meal and other edible products on our inventory doesnt rot after a day or two^^*

DeletedUser

i thought of that to... but we-non-premium-players-might find it a big deal unless it will be a different queue for crafting...get it?

*we are lucky the warm meal and other edible products on our inventory doesnt rot after a day or two^^*

Let us leave the queue for crafting to the developers, premium players have already some advantages. Remember that it may be changed for better balance by the developers once we players decide whether we want it or not in the game.

DeletedUser

Of all the Idea's in this vein the only one I didn't see as unduly burdensome was a suggestion to have meals and drinks at the saloon . I don't see any great use of it either , You have a hot meal and coffee for $15 and You get 10 energy , if You waited 3 hours You'd get 9 energy .

DeletedUser

Guys I really think it will bring some new motivation for a game. I fear that the players will split into two groups: Workers that do jobs to buy better stuff because they are without chances in combat, and Bandits who do not make any activity apart for dueling... Workers. This is too pesymistic for me;

But I have a small update! :)

You said that not all players will ba able to gather required products to create an item; So why we can`t add a possibility (15 - 20%) of stealing the product from defeated opponent? For every one product (not clothing/weaponry) in the defeated victim`s inventory will be estimated whether it is stolen or not; So if a victim has 20 leather there are 20 estimations; I think this will enable those who cannot find product on their own to steal those from thier victims....

Please consider this small update...

DeletedUser

Stealing products.... no, I don't think so.

This would just be unfair, in regards of quests for instance.

DeletedUser1105

Stealing products I don't like.

You take my flag off me and I'm leaving this damn game, it took too long to get!

It all seems like "The Sims" meets "Cooking Mama" for my liking.

Low level players need to level up, not spend thier time Gathering Tobacco so they can make a Cigar, and then Laying Railroad Tacks to get a Glass of Water to wash down the Warm Meal that they got from Repairing A Covered Wagon before Tending Sheep to get 5 Wool and Tanning Deer Skin to get Leather to make a Pillow that they can rest on and get 10 energy points....

DeletedUser

Low level players need to level up, not spend thier time Gathering Tobacco so they can make a Cigar, and then Laying Railroad Tacks to get a Glass of Water to wash down the Warm Meal that they got from Repairing A Covered Wagon before Tending Sheep to get 5 Wool and Tanning Deer Skin to get Leather to make a Pillow that they can rest on and get 10 energy points....

That sounded really complicated :). Well it should be an option of creating items, if a player decides to buy a recipe he knows what is needed and is able to create something; Still this should just an additional option. I trhink still it will add some fun to the game. Right now... Well many players perform just a few activities, there is no point of gathering wool or ham for level 20; I would love to see this changed....