Tax, Taxes, Taxing System

DeletedUser

Have each citizen donate a set amount each day -nothing ridiculous but enough to help the town :)

My town does 20 bucks a day from all members.
Doesn't matter though, they all donate every penny at the moment to help it grow =D

DeletedUser

i think it sud go up with every level as you can do better jobs but it should not be forced it sud be in the town hall section under taxes

and from there you can change how much is needed (in case you need something built quickly like new towns) also who has to pay but i dont think councillers should be able to do this as too many wud just not pay but again other towns may differ form me

DeletedUser

yeah how about $2/level reasonable and can be turned on or off by the founder???

DeletedUser

I told You it would come back to life !
It will rear it's ugly head again and again !
So to kill it this time , No Taxes !!!
Towns should have their own donation requirements that are overseen by the Founder/Councilors .
There should not be a "set tax" option , they do it on their own .

DeletedUser

This is yet another insidious attempt to make the game work on autopilot for players who
are too lazy to make things happen for themselves.

DeletedUser1105

Would it be possible for a mod to close this ridiculous thread?

DeletedUser

Its really a pointless idea to make the game easier for lazy town leaders. Plz close this pointless thread.

DeletedUser

it doesnt make people lazt it stops those who dont invest into the town into investing

and your counter argument is to boot them but perhaps they are a good builder etc

DeletedUser1105

Then implement a 'builders don't have to donate cash' rule.

If you cannot effectively run a town without the game doing it for you, you should really consider whether being a town founder is the right role for you.

It's a step towards not having to do anything yourself.

DeletedUser

I told You it would come back to life !
It will rear it's ugly head again and again !
So to kill it this time , No Taxes !!!
Towns should have their own donation requirements that are overseen by the Founder/Councilors .
There should not be a "set tax" option , they do it on their own .

That's what we did :)

DeletedUser

Automated taxes have even more problems than have been mentioned. If they were implemented when would they be taken out? right after a job is completed? that would make less people want to duel because people would carry even less money than they do now.

I do have a suggestion that I dont think warrants its own thread so ill put it in here. To help track weekly or daily deposits there should be options on the resident donation list. Like a drop box that has Daily, Weekly, and Total contributions. it would make it easier than having to do a spreadsheet.

DeletedUser

I agree with both sides BUT believe that a tax should be placed to keep the town growing, something small though.

DeletedUser

No automated tax system is needed. If you're organised and on top if running your town, then this is not needed.