Tackling high piers with lowers

DeletedUser

Okay, at a lot of points in this, one person duels another, instead of limiting things so someone of an extremely high level can't duel someone of a low level, why not just make it pointless to do so?

So if one person is 10 levels higher than someone else, they will gain no experience and no money, they'll just gain nothing.

That being said, someone attacking someone 5 levels below them should only gain half of what they would gain originally.

However!..If someone of a low level went and foolishly duelled someone of a high level, then it would be as though the higher level was attacking someone of their equivalent level.
Basically, if a level 15 attacks a level 26, the level 15 has as much to lose as the level 26 does.
If the level 26 attacks the level 15, then there is no gain or loss on either side, doesn't matter who wins, the only loss would be health and energy.

DeletedUser

i agree because i wud like to attack people ofg a higher level but are not aloud ot which i find unfair

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea. It sounds like there will be no level, dueling or experience wise in duels

This means a level 30, pure dueler, can go into a town of 10's and 15s and duel them to death. Duelers could litterally kill whole towns with this idea

DeletedUser

i think u sudnt be able to duel ppl tht are say 10 levels below but you duel any 1 that is above u

DeletedUser

Um there are duel rules that deal with this already ... from the help area:

http://www.the-west.net/help.php?article=duel_requirements

"Both players have to be able to gain experience points from the duel. These are calculated from the dueling level."

The reason an arbitrary player level rule doesn't work it that there are plenty of lower level players with very high duel levels. I get attacked all the time by players more then 10 levels below my W-1 character (L43) and it wouldn't be fair for them to be able to attack me and me not be able to attack them back.

DeletedUser

Um there are duel rules that deal with this already ... from the help area:

http://www.the-west.net/help.php?article=duel_requirements

"Both players have to be able to gain experience points from the duel. These are calculated from the dueling level."

The reason an arbitrary player level rule doesn't work it that there are plenty of lower level players with very high duel levels. I get attacked all the time by players more then 10 levels below my W-1 character (L43) and it wouldn't be fair for them to be able to attack me and me not be able to attack them back.

votes for this rule just cause whistling leaf is a mean person lol

na for real tho, its part of the game, we have to be able to handle everything that is thrown at us, and even if its 10+ lvls difference they still expend the energy required to do that duel so they pay for it either way. If you dont want to be KOed get more HP lol

DeletedUser

i think they got the duelling range pretty elegantly. it rises too fast but functions in a pretty fair way

DeletedUser

yh but it wud still be nice if even though i was rnk 30 for duelling i cud verse someone who was lv45 or whatever and try and get lucky or maybe that person has the same weapon etc but it doesn not allow it which is what is ubfair

DeletedUser

ok

it would be nice if even though someone who is rank 30 in duelling someone like me i think could duel someone who is around level 45 and try to get lucky or you may stand a chance as you have the same weapon or they are the only person near by worth duelling, i just think that the game is trying to suffocate you by doing this as i can not aim high

also you do know what you said is against the rules but its ok

DeletedUser

votes for this rule just cause whistling leaf is a mean person lol

Ya I can be a big meanie sometimes ... but I'm not out trying to KO people (normally) and if I know I will beat people badly I take off my shooting gear, so I don't do so much damage.

If I'm L 43 and my duel level is L 59 and I find low level 30-35 players who are L 50+ duel level (which is GOOD XP for me) ... then they got those duel levels somehow and Im sure it wasn't by always being nice :p

ps on personal note to Greatest - I only hit you guys when I'm on my way shopping and you and Barron Blood are both in the top 200 ranked players... I agree there is a huge gap between the top ranked players and even you guys around rank 200 ... but I can't control that. Also I'm very much in favor of reducing duel damage or increasing the worth of toughness/reflex to reduce damage - if I win 400-10 or 200-5 it doesn't really matter since its still a win.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, at a lot of points in this, one person duels another, instead of limiting things so someone of an extremely high level can't duel someone of a low level, why not just make it pointless to do so?

So if one person is 10 levels higher than someone else, they will gain no experience and no money, they'll just gain nothing.

That being said, someone attacking someone 5 levels below them should only gain half of what they would gain originally.

However!..If someone of a low level went and foolishly duelled someone of a high level, then it would be as though the higher level was attacking someone of their equivalent level.
Basically, if a level 15 attacks a level 26, the level 15 has as much to lose as the level 26 does.
If the level 26 attacks the level 15, then there is no gain or loss on either side, doesn't matter who wins, the only loss would be health and energy.
Excuse me, but isn't this exactly how things are? lol:laugh:

DeletedUser

pretty much but i think he want to let low level players take a chance on attacking much higher level players. However the formula [which is a very good one] would mean that the higher level player would get -experience, which isn't exactly fair, so it's a non-starter as an idea.

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea. It sounds like there will be no level, dueling or experience wise in duels

This means a level 30, pure dueler, can go into a town of 10's and 15s and duel them to death. Duelers could litterally kill whole towns with this idea
they would gain nothing at all if they did do this, which is the whole point.

If someone is going to waste everyone's time, even their own, then whats the point? :laugh:

The point is that if they are 15 levels below you, and they attacked, then you would still gain experience/money from it.
But if you attacked them then there is no experience/money gain.

This idea is to just make things pointless for a high levelled person to go and attack low levels for money.
--

The rules dont make it clear enough of how it 'calculates' it.
Player Level x player level / players duel level = yes/no ?
Meh...just trying to make it a bit more player friendly.

DeletedUser

they would gain nothing at all if they did do this, which is the whole point.

If someone is going to waste everyone's time, even their own, then whats the point? :laugh:

it would add it my towns Passed-out opponents score

DeletedUser

Regardless of that small aspect, the dueller that duels the person that is 15 levels below them would be gaining no money or experience for doing so, it would also hardly add to the mortician duel value. :3

Edit: Also, the reason why I did not count anything about the duel level in this idea is because the player level and duel level are always together unless the player duels a lot, which means their duel level would be substantially higher, however the player level is the main thing that matters in this case, duel levels are there to provide that your character stands more of a chance against another.

DeletedUser

The point is that if they are 15 levels below you, and they attacked, then you would still gain experience/money from it.
But if you attacked them then there is no experience/money gain.

This idea is to just make things pointless for a high levelled person to go and attack low levels for money.

The rules dont make it clear enough of how it 'calculates' it.
Player Level x player level / players duel level = yes/no ?
Meh...just trying to make it a bit more player friendly.

Why the heck shouldn't I be able to attack someone who attacks me ?

The rules are very clear ... yes they are complicated, but they are very clear.

I think you're missing the point that lower levels can beat higher levels due to a variety of factors including skills and gear worn during the duel.

Also I can assure you that under normal circumstances most L 40+ players do not go out of their way attacking people for very low XP - its not worth the energy loss to gain so few XP points when job XP is much higher.

If someone is carrying around a large sum of money then they deserve to get farmed ... but it isn't going to be by players of +15 levels.