Dueling restrictions (class hit points)

DeletedUser

Let me preface this by saying, I'm all for dueling.

But when does dueling become murder? Dueling implies that both parties want to stand face to face and gun it out. But what if we are an unwilling participant? What is we're builders and gatherers who do not wish to fight to the death. That my friends, IS MURDER

The dueling rule should be amended.

My suggestion is that if anyone falls below 50hp, they cannot be dueled. After all, why would a half dead man drag himself into the streets to fight it out?

Should that person surpass that ammount in a duel, then alright he's dead. If someone lingers to 51 and gets gunned down before seeking medical attention, then that is his fault.

But as the rules stand, there is no escaping a dueler (or gang of thugs) who seek only to kill someone in order to ruin their fun and make people quit the game.

DeletedUser

Lol read your history,dueling always was murder :p
If someone's is chicken and wants to run we should shoot him from behind!!

DeletedUser

This game comes with duels, it's a part of the west. if people don't want to play it just because they get dueled then don't play.
It's just a game and you should take it as such and not be dramatic about it.

DeletedUser

If your gonna do somthing like that may as well go the whole 9 . Make dueling enablable for your account . The caveat is It affects all worlds and can only be unchecked after 48 hourd

DeletedUser

It's called not being in a town... I think those who are really just not interested in duels shouldn't join a town.

DeletedUser

This is changing the concept behind the game, and will not happen.

EDIT: Besides, it isn't murder, it's not like I kill anyone, I merely knock them out.
That said, I have no problem with my characters beeing murderes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's called not being in a town... I think those who are really just not interested in duels shouldn't join a town.

Exactly that!

Also if you keep getting picked on get your best Dueller in Town to kick their ass, if you ain't got a dueller or he/she is just crap at it, then move Town to the one's that have best Dueller's there are hundreds of Towns with openings for people to join them.
I would duel a small town and try to wipe them out basically, I mean whats the point in having a Town with 2-3 members when there are 100's of Towns with 10-20 people there and still looking for new people to join?
It gets on my tits tbh seeing all these empty towns and my Town struggle to get residents even though we have every building up one level and a few level 2.
Went way off topic then:huh:

DeletedUser

You say you are all for duelling but then call it 'murder' by a 'gang of thugs'. Are you really sure you are all for duelling? yet another 'i lost a duel so want to ban duelling' post. Next!

DeletedUser

By definition dueling involves two parties wanting to fight.

When one party doesn't it is murder/ assassination. Pure and simple.

DeletedUser

Call it what you want.

Name it robbery, murder, whatever.

I'm still doing it regardless of how you feel.

DeletedUser

As I've made a habit of saying, gunfights at high noon in the main street were rare. Ambushes and bar room brawls were not. Most of the time there was no agreement to fight you just found yourself in one.

DeletedUser

Waaa another whiner. Go play tiddly winks you can't be dueled in that game

DeletedUser1105

I think the wording of duels should be changed, for the simple reason that it would stop a lot of these threads.

I'm sure duellers wouldn't mind being called bandits and duels being called 'attacks' or 'muggings' or whatever.

Anything to stop the weekly 'Ban duelling' thread!

DeletedUser

I think the wording of duels should be changed, for the simple reason that it would stop a lot of these threads.

I'm sure duellers wouldn't mind being called bandits and duels being called 'attacks' or 'muggings' or whatever.

Anything to stop the weekly 'Ban duelling' thread!

I suggest that we make a thread suggesting this.