Ghost towns and other towns.

DeletedUser

I searched all the W4 forums, and didn't see anything specific to this info I am about to ask for.

I have taken notice on W4 that there is a nearby ghost town. Now my question being is can anything be done with a ghost town? Can a town be taken over? Or is this just a game of you find and join a town, and fight only for that town? Is it a game where you are eventually supposed to take over other towns?

I am just trying to get an understanding of this aspect and I thank anyone for their replies and assistance.

Happy Gaming to all otherwise. :)

Grim

DeletedUser

There is a "founder" ghost town in each panel to the far east that provides a place to recover energy early in the game before there are any towns. These cannot be turned into regular towns and you can only stay in the hotel there for $10. The other ghost towns are towns founded then abandoned. Anyone can acquire these just like any other town build point. You spend $300 and 80 energy and it is yours. The advantage to these towns is you get them with whatever building had been done to them previously, but cannot use them for anything until they are restored.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response. I ultimately found that info in the main forums after and was just about to post to have this question deleted. But again I thank you. :) So I guess technically everyone has one town, its not like on TW or something where you go and take over other villages right?

DeletedUser

No, everyone has at least a janitor's closet they can use to recover energy. No one has a town at the beginning of the world.

DeletedUser

No, everyone has at least a janitor's closet they can use to recover energy. No one has a town at the beginning of the world.

Ok, I know no one starts out with a town. Say your town gets full up. Do you eventually start to take over other towns after the fact? or is it you found a town, build it up, get your residents, and then they all stay in that town for the remainder of the world game and kill other towns or just duel?

DeletedUser

I can think of a way to take over other towns to create a town family.

Just duel a small town constantly, and, with luck, they all may leave/quit, creating a ghost town, then a willing town member goes there, and creates a sister town.

DeletedUser

Ok, my question is this. In your town or any town, there is a sign that you can click on to "walk to town". But I do not see one in Ghost towns. So, I do not know how to get there to buy the ghost town. What am I doing wrong?

DeletedUser

Oh ok, I have not quit the town that I am in. That was something I was hoping I wouldn't have to do. I thought maybe if you went there from your town, then the two towns would kind of be under the same leadership and have a shared treasury and all that stuff.

DeletedUser

No they are treated as completely separate towns. If you want to have a shared alliance forum etc you need to create your own offsite. There's nothing stopping you inviting members of the sister town in to deposit cash in your treasury before rejoining the other town but there are time penalties for quitting and joining towns repeatedly in a short space of time.