jobs in town

DeletedUser

i think that you could do jobs inyour town or othes but they are payed by npc not the town so they will be just like any other job. some ideas could be a barman/woman postman/woman working in the general store receptionist at the hotel cleaner at the hotel a tailor of course and a gunsmith also an accountant and ither bank jobs and a funeral director and preist or something .

im sorry if this has been suggested i did search and please feel free to comment im open to crtitism :)

DeletedUser

interesting idea . what skills would suggest for them and what dificulty.

DeletedUser

appearance for most of them well the bank and tailor etc
setting traps for store worker and tailor so they can get more money by conning
horse riding for postman
trading for almost all of them
if there is a preist setting traps so they can lure peope into the religion (im not saying that their beliefs are false though)
tactics

and some more im sure you can think of as for difficulty i think there could be diffent levels as in promotion you could go from just a banker to accoutant then manager

in the bar the same thing waiter barman head barman

hotel cleaner receptionist manager

as this will make it easier for newer people to do this straight away but keep people doing the job when they go up levels as you will get paid more as you go up the ranks

DeletedUser

what's the point of doing jobs in town?
Does it benefit the town and it's members?

DeletedUser

it could if the town itsellf paid you but in general its to make more use of the town other than sleeping and buying stuff

DeletedUser

but i think anohter way it cud work is it means it is easier for the building to go up a levl

DeletedUser

It could make people stop complaining about the job location change.
I'm all for it.

DeletedUser

well i think that could only be brought in if it brought up the constuction of a building but this is just a suggestion but i think it working like a normal job would work better and u just get your xp and money from the game like any other job

DeletedUser

the money craned could be more than other jobs of the same difficulty, but it would be put straight into the treasury

DeletedUser

also its easy explanation for finding things say as a cleaner in the hotel u fiond that someone has left their hat or something like tht

DeletedUser

well i think it wud stop them moving the jobs around as much as you could have more jobs in 1 place

DeletedUser6744

Make the jobs levelable like buildings in town, a jobs can't be leveled higher than the building its connected to.

Have 3 or 4 possible jobs you can do per building but only able to build up one per building.

Allow builder class to be able to work as 2 levels higher than what other town members are able to do. (Possible bounis for worker class)

Possible Jobs per building. (that I can think of right now)

Bank- Teller, Manager, Guard
Church- Preacher
Town Hall- General Town Repair
Saloon-
Post- Telegraph Worker
Tailor- Stocker, Sales
Gunsmith- Ammo Maker, Gun Parts Maker
General Store- Stocker, Sales
Mortician-
Hotel-

DeletedUser

yh i have some suggestions on the forst page but i like some of these

how you canot do manager till say lv 4 or whatever

DeletedUser

it seems like on the thread too many towns lets transform them they seem to like the idea of having a farm and then the job of a farmer well that could be another job for the town

see there is lots of things to do in the town :)

DeletedUser

i thought that i would bring this back up again by saying that.

if what seems is likely to happen the whole jail and town vs town fighting thing happen then they to could be jobs

eg prison wather, lookoutman and diplomat or peace offerer

DeletedUser

You forgot the most awesome jobs:

Town Bully
TOwn Beggar
Town idiot
Town drunkard
etc

DeletedUser

I'd give you a kick in the belly for performing that job, free of charge!