simple elegant trading - no cheating available

DeletedUser

BindOn Property:
Every item has a BindOn property. Its null when someone buys from a town or finds it while working.
If he uses it on him then the property BindOn has his name as value.

BindOn Rule:
Items that have BindOn with no value can be traded with other players.

Trade:
The trade window that appears has two sub windows. 1 for player to put his items and one for player B.
Items on both windows must be of equal value and cash in either window should not be more than e.g. 20% of all the items inside the trade windows.
(the 20% if it is too much can be even 10% or 5%)
(depends how difficult we want to make it)

for the trade to finish both players must have another e.g. 10% of the total value of the items they trade to be given as tax back to the game.

Both players must be in the same city that has build a new type of building Trading Office (just so maxed towns have something more to do) or anyway simply at any town with a bank.

Level of Trading Office or Bank will allow for higher price trades (and maybe less tax? or maybe allow higher level items to be in the trade?)

Example:

(all items below will worth the value they will have on the name)

Player A wants to trade 1 x item1000.
(he puts that in the trade window)

Player B must now add items to at least a total worth of 1000 - 20%of1000 = 800$
He puts 1 x item400 and 3 x item150 with total value 850$.
He must add 150$ as money since trade items must be of equal amount.

Now they press the first accept button called [Lock].
Trade locks and both can see what the other have offered. (noone can add or remove items while locked...). Here also another check is being made to see both of them have another 10% (100$) of the total value(1000$) they trade in their pocket/bank. (for tax).

While in locked state a new button gets enabled the [Accept]

After both players press the [Accept] items/money in trade windows are switching players and also the 100$ from player A and another 100$ from player B are given for tax back to the game.

Some 1% or 2% could go to the town treasury the trade takes place. Up to Devs to decide if they want this.

ABUSE:
I can not think of any way, since the tax is discouraging enough. If it is not enough just increase it some more. I am sure a 10%-20% will be enough.

More experienced players may have something better to propose for all the above percents of course.

All the above apply to equipment as well as products even though products will not have a BindOn proporty.

Trading will add some more fun to this game!

Thank you for reading my long post!
Have fun!:D

DeletedUser

actually products MUST be bound. otherwise you can sail through the quests while working the highest paying jobs and get more out of specializing your character.

DeletedUser

wow that took thought, so your saying both players online at once both click button, same town same everything and taxes blah blah, maybe. you still can most likely cheat there is a loop hole i just can't see it yet

DeletedUser

Well search for it...
I cant think of any but I am sure there are much better minds out there that could.
If not then we should push it to the devs!

DeletedUser

BUMP - How come no bad comments but this thread died?
Maybe you did not like it?
I bet you all got tired reading about trading!
Maybe we really should stop suggestions since what we get is what the Germans do in their site.. Correct?

DeletedUser

Correct i'm afraid, perhaps their competitors may read these ideas?

DeletedUser5046

is there anything else aside trading ???

i think we should have a folder for all trding threads...or the summary..

DeletedUser

Many exist aside trading...
Should we suggest them?
I am a quite experienced game player and developer. I know what is easy and what is hard in implementing. What I do not know is if this "English" version is a copy or not.
From what i have seen so far it seems only a copy. So why do we even suggest anything?

DeletedUser1105

The help pages tell us that trade is coming, so I assume the developers already have an idea how it would work.

DeletedUser

Many exist aside trading...
Should we suggest them?
I am a quite experienced game player and developer. I know what is easy and what is hard in implementing. What I do not know is if this "English" version is a copy or not.
From what i have seen so far it seems only a copy. So why do we even suggest anything?

People here will be interested in your take on the feasibility of things anyway.

DeletedUser

It seems that the GMs fear that new ppl can get high end gear in the firs few day from other player , the thread starter has a good ideea but even more to make sure there wont be any kind of abuse the rly high end equipment could had a "Unique" tag.The unique tag should have one of the following futures : You cant loot(own) more than one or You cant trade this item .
This way i dont think anyone would be able to cheat the system.

DeletedUser

That is why i say the trade must be with same value items for both trading players.
So i do not see any abuse there. This way we will only share with our friends what we have and they need and the opposite. It will only strengthen the social bonding of the players here. (also i should say that the tax will balance the fact that the players will not use the shop and the tax that comes with it)

DeletedUser

OK [as far as i understand it] then, true, it is not open to significant abuse. The problem is that it involves so much planning and so little reward that I don't think it would really be used.

I'd be grateful if you could run your eye over my proposal on 'town fairs' from a practical game-making point of view. Perhaps this accomplishes something of what you are trying to achieve?

DeletedUser

How about something like then that does not have restrictions like both players at the same time at the same city.
All my initials taxes, restrictions apply to the one below also so we do not have abuses.
BUT
In the Bank or the Trading Office a player can go and make a "trade offer".
A "trade offer" will be a sum of items. e.g worth 1000$. He also deposits 100$ for the tax he will need if someone buys that "trade offer".

Now other players can come to that city and check what "trade offers" exist that have been created in that city only. If he decides to buy it he must make a "counter offer" with the limitations i have explained in my first message. (he also depoits 100$ for tax)

If first player agrees trade concludes and both players no matter where they are they have the items.

Simpler? And there is no need for much planning except if you really want your friend to buy it and not some other player of course!

I believe its simpler.

Your thoughts?

If trading is ever going to be implemented without abuses I think its one of the simplest ways to go.

That also leaves potential for future improvements. (if telegraph house gets in a city
Players could by offers from other cities and have the goodies transferred to their city with an additional fee).

Or a shootout from Town A that wins Town B could take some loot from the "trade offers"

But first things first. Trade should get in game. Its simple non abusable as a first step to something better.

DeletedUser

Tax should be 20% in my opinion.

2 problems:

Products aren't bound - They should be! Then you can just buy all products you need for quests!

Online problems... - I suggest you change it to this...

- You go to your town. (or a foreign town with an extra 2% tax for that town)
- Then, you open the "Trade Building" or "Bank" etc.
- Type in the username of who you want to trade with.
- Your inventory will be shown in the window.
- Click on the items you are GIVING AWAY and any cash.
- The total value of your items and the cash you put in will be shown. So will the tax.
- Add a little message like: "For my shot-gun I want your yellow shirt and a little money." (Max message length: 100 characters around. To prevent spamming.)
- Click "Accept!"

The player you traded now gets a report.

[TITLE] (Trade) PlayerA wishes to trade with you.

[MESSAGE]
PlayerA wishes to trade with you!

The items he is trading are:
[Shot gun] Worth $300<---- Place the image here...
$ 50
TOTAL VALUE: $350

You must trade 10% of that value in return. ($ 315 - 385)
You will be paying 20% tax on the items you offer.

Message from PlayerA: For my shot-gun I want your yellow shirt and a little money.

If you accept, go to your town or the nearest town to you with a "Trading Building".
(N.B: If you go to a foreign town, you will pay an extra 2% tax on your items! That tax will be given to that towns treasury.)

If you reject, click below to notify the other player...
[REJECT]

DeletedUser

I like the changes you made.
Just make the last 2% tax a Wagon Transfer cost and make it 5%. 2,5% to first town and 2,5% to second town. (since both participated in the trading)
In case of a canceled trade all money should be returned or some 1% taxes should be kept?
Also level of trading building or Bank should allow for more expensive items or higher level items.