Defend your town

DeletedUser

I dont know whether this one is already suggested.

Now we are able to see who is in our town, so I think its better to have an option to duel people in our own town instead of going to their town. By having this feature, the duellers will think twice before they go to a town as they are open to attack by the whole town members.

Another idea to use the new feature, I think it would be fun fun duellers if they can duel anyone anywhere, without going to their town. Isnt it weird if we have to go to town and duel someone who isnt in town? It would be more logic to duel the person at the work place. But the problem with this suggestion is the players'position is not real time, so there might be a problem.

What you guys think?

Suggestion in short;
-be able to duel character(who already has a town) at home town.
How?
-the challenger have to be at town.
-the defender have to be at town.
-the other members who want to defend have to be at town.
-When the challenger duel someone at town, the other members can duel him at the same time.
-If the defender cannot leave the town or sleep( to compensate the risk for the challenger)
-if the challengers leaves the town while other members still in duel count down, the duel still happens (same like chasing the challenger)-this is to avoid the kill and run.
-only 2 town members can attack the challengers at a same time (to avoid the challenger being bullied in the hometown)
Why
1. As a defending mechanism for defending town
2. Challengers have to face risk of getting attacked by town members. This makes them think twice before start duellingthe whole town.
3. The defending town have a chance to retaliate at once, without going to the challengers' town. This can be considered as an advantage for the defending town.
4. It is more logical to have a duel when both of the characters to be at the same time of the duel. the current system is weird. The defender is not at the duel location when the duel starts. This is not LOGIC. You cant shoot someone who is a mile away (unless you have nuclear bomb).
5. Will be added soon.

-Able to duel characters at job places
How?
-the challengers have to get access to the job places before they can challenge the other chars.
-if they have the access, they have to travel to the job places.
-in order the duel to starts, both character have to be at the job places. If the defender have been to other places while the duel in progress, the duels is canceled automatically.
Why?
1.Not everyone have access to the job. So, those who at the job places will have similar stats. So, at job places, they only can be challenged by characters with similar stats-to avoid imbalance in the duel.
2. duelling at job areas can avoid the challenger being attacked by another town members as suggested as above. So, the duellers can reduce the risk being attacked by the whole town.
3. To be added soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what? I don't get it.

I think the poster is saying if a player turns up at your town you can duel the player with out the need to go to their town ,or rather all the town members can duel the outsider

I think it would make it to hard for a dueler to earn either xp or $$

The second one has been discussed in depth before about having to go to the player and not the players town if they want to duel you

DeletedUser

yup, that what i was trying to say. Thanks dude. :D

The second one has been discussed in depth before about having to go to the player and not the players town if they want to duel you

can you give me the link? Have searched but cant find it.

DeletedUser

I like the principle behind the idea. but in practice it may unbalance the game. What if someone is working on a job that you can't even see. how do you get to where they are or can you just duel anyone within your duelling range.

DeletedUser

yup, that what i was trying to say. Thanks dude. :D

can you give me the link? Have searched but cant find it.

I can't but I think it evolved out of another Dueling thread ,I remember we got to talking about the defender being given a small time window to let him/her know they where going to be dueled and get changed into their dueling clothes though :)

If you clicked on the player you wanted to duel you just get taken to the player rather then their town ,that could tie in with the first idea and make it safer for the attacker as they don't have to go to the players home town

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the principle behind the idea. but in practice it may unbalance the game. What if someone is working on a job that you can't even see. how do you get to where they are or can you just duel anyone within your duelling range.

Thats why i said specifically at the job area, not during the travelling. So you have to go to the work area in order to duel them. By doing this, the dueller cant always pick on builders or adventurers because not every duellers can have access to the job. So, when you at work, you are most-likely will be duel by another adventurer which have almost the same stats as you. Besides, this can be another way to avoid being dueled by dueller that pump all stats into aim or shooting.

If you clicked on the player you wanted to duel you just get taken to the player rather then their town ,that could tie in with the first idea and make it safer for the attacker as they don't have to go to the players home town

I dont know how that can work though. This is because this game is not real time. so, the position can suddenly change which will waste the time to travel to the place and the character may stuck in the middle of the travels. AFAIK, you can either be in town or job places. About those people who is in the middle of mountain or field, I have no idea they are there. most probably thay are inactive.

For the duellers, if they attack, they have to take the risk to be ambushed by the town members. If they just go to a town and run away just like that, it wont be fun isnt? :eek:

DeletedUser

Some of it is good, but some will make it even worse. I agree that you should go to the character to duel him, but that doesn't mean that you have to be able to see the work he's doing. And also duel shouldn't be cancelled when the target moves on to a new job. Then your character simply follows him.

DeletedUser

im not saying that you can see wha tjob he is doing. what i said was the challenger should be at the duel location FIRST, then he can start the duel. If he not at the duel location, he cant starts the duel.

DeletedUser

So the long and short of it is that you simply want to make it more difficult to duel. Do you really expect duellers to support this? Next!!!!

DeletedUser

So the long and short of it is that you simply want to make it more difficult to duel. Do you really expect duellers to support this? Next!!!!

Why is it difficult? At least give me a reason so we can make thi suggestion better. :dry:

Its still the same as before. By doing this, its actually helps the duellers.
  • First, they dont waste energy by duelling people who is not at the duel location.
  • Second, they have advantage of duelling at any other places instead of travel to the town. There are 5-10 job spots near a town, and every spots usually occupied by at least one character. So, instead of travelling far to their town, the challengers can just go to the job spots and duel other players while they are working.
  • Third, the defender cannot avoid the duel by sleeping in the hotel anymore. Isnt frustrating after you wait 10 mins, then you get a message saying the player is protected? So this helps the challenger.
But, there must be disadvantages for the challengers too.
  • If they choose to raid the town, they will be attacked by other town members. A strategy to counter this is, attack the city when everybody went out from the town to work. When the challenger in town, the members have at least 10 mins rush back to attack the challengers. (only if they realize the challenger in town). So, if the defender lost, the money can be reclaimed by the other town members, if they win. A strategy that might work for this is assigned 2 town members to guard the town while other go to work. By doing this, they dont have to rush back to town while still working.

DeletedUser

It is difficult because currently if a player is dong a job i don't have access to then i can duel them. Under this proposal i cannot. if you are all for realism, then why on earth not?

Duellers don't waste ANY energy by players not being in the duel location because they can challenge remotely from a long list at a large town.

I think a defender SHOULD be able to avoid a duel realtime.

This whole scenario of sneaking into a town when everyone is out at work is a complete joke! Does your town have whistle go and everyone goes out to the fields at the same time? get real.

I was tempted by your idea in principle but it is yet another ill-reasoned attempt to restrict duelling. Sorry if i'm being a little harsh but i am losing patience with people not prepared to see the other player's point of view just because they chose a different game option from yourself.

DeletedUser

It is difficult because currently if a player is dong a job i don't have access to then i can duel them. Under this proposal i cannot. if you are all for realism, then why on earth not?

This is to make sure a balance duel. A trader shouldnt be dueled by a dueller when he is at work, but he still can be challenged by another trader or those who has the similar stats. However, the dueller who dont have access to the job spot can challenge the trader at the trader's town. If the dueller has access to the job spot, he still can duel the trader.

Duellers don't waste ANY energy by players not being in the duel location because they can challenge remotely from a long list at a large town.

This is the feature which is not really realistic. The current system allow the challenger to duel even they are not at the same location. Do you think you can shoot someone which is thousands mile away from his town? This maybe possible only if you have NUCLEAR =.= So, the current suggestion is to change the duel system to make it more realistic and better.

Besides, dueller will waste his energy when the character go to sleep. But, in this suggestion, if the defender gets challenge at his town, he cant go to sleep or leave the town, which allow the duellers to duel him.

This whole scenario of sneaking into a town when everyone is out at work is a complete joke!

That just an idea. You can just go attack the players any time you want. No need to follow the suggestion though.

Does your town have whistle go and everyone goes out to the fields at the same time? get real

I dont really understand this sentence, but thats is the real thing. If you want to attack a town, you have to "sneak" so the other town members dont attack you while you attacking them.

I was tempted by your idea in principle but it is yet another ill-reasoned attempt to restrict duelling. Sorry if i'm being a little harsh but i am losing patience with people not prepared to see the other player's point of view just because they chose a different game option from yourself.

I think you may get my idea wrong. This idea is not to restrict the duelling, but to improve the current system. Furthermore, more duelling will happens if this idea being implemented. And its more like the real "The West". You dont just go into someone's town and attack their members just like that. At least, someone will shot at you back.

DeletedUser

As I read this , I'm forced to agree with Ulthor . You clearly state that the dueler must have access to the job site . This means if the dueler can't see the job , his targets have more places to hide . Unfair .
I don't understand the town defense part at all .
How do the other town members know of the "duel" ?
What do You mean by no more than two at one time ?
What do You mean by if the challenger moves ?

DeletedUser

You clearly state that the dueler must have access to the job site . This means if the dueler can't see the job , his targets have more places to hide . Unfair .

Like i said, this is to avoid traders or adventurers being bullied. However, IF the duellers have access to the job spot, they still can duel him. And the dueller can duel the person at the defenders town. And you actually cannot hide. You know that you can keep track of the player by clicking the symbol on the right of the players name? So you know where they are. This is just defense mechanism for the worker-class. Plus, you wont be outside forever. You still have to go back to town once in a while.

How do the other town members know of the "duel" ?

Maybe im not quite clear about this. It doesnt necessary to be duel. You can duel anyone who is a member of town in your town. The new updates has allowed players to see who is in our town. So, by checking those, we can see any threat come to our town. As long as the player in your town, you can challenge him IF you in your own town. (The rule is both of you need to be at the same spot when the duels countdown starts)

What do You mean by no more than two at one time ?

This is a defence mechanism for the town. When you see someone from other town in your town, 2 of the defender town member can duel same people at the same time (The rule is same as above and it must be at duelling range).

What do You mean by if the challenger moves ?

The rule is same as above. Both of the players need to be at the same location when the countdown starts.

So, lets say JOHN from town A has stopped at town B. And JIN, a member of town A, saw him when he check who is in the town and luckily, he is in town A at that time. Seeing the threat, he click on the JOHN and starts the duel. in next 5 mins, JOHN has been to cotton job spot besides town A. (JOHN is not in TOWN A anymore). But the duel still will happen.

That's what i meant.

DeletedUser

I think all these anti dueling types are the same ones way back when whinning about getting attacked outside town in D2. I mean it gets so stupid after a while. They play a game with a certain set of game mechanics, choosing to do so. Then complain about the unfairness of it all. And I do not even have a pure dueler character in any of the 3 worlds I am playing in.

DeletedUser

I am all in favor of having 'Town Defense' , but all I'm hearing here is road blocks for "duelers" .
I would also not want to visit Your town . I want to buy a piece of clothing or some new shoes , I step into Your town and I'm ambushed by Your fellow citizens "defending" their town . You don't attack folks for coming to Your town ! You attack people that have harmed You .
Thank You for the clarifications , but no thank You to the proposal .

DeletedUser

Why people say this is anti duelling suggestion =.= Dueller still can duel, with more prey. If he knows that he will get attack, he will spent points into tactics too, instead of going everyting into aim or shooting or whatever. You can get at least 3 duels in 10 mins if this idea gets implemented. (if you win all the duels). Dont you see the good side if this idea for the duellers?

Or you all implying that duellers only can attack someone else, but cant be attacked back?

DeletedUser

I am all in favor of having 'Town Defense' , but all I'm hearing here is road blocks for "duelers" .
I would also not want to visit Your town . I want to buy a piece of clothing or some new shoes , I step into Your town and I'm ambushed by Your fellow citizens "defending" their town . You don't attack folks for coming to Your town ! You attack people that have harmed You .
Thank You for the clarifications , but no thank You to the proposal .

You dont just duel anyone. First, it must be in duelling range. Second, they must be at town. So dare to step your feet into the town, you must dare to take the risk. That is THE WEST! No sympathy over the weaklings! Plus, who wants to buy the expensive items from other towns? Its better to buy it from your own. And remember, the duel only can be done if the player is a member of a town. If he doesnt, you still cant harm him.

The defending only if the town members in the town. If they are outside, they cant defend the town.

DeletedUser

Buying items from your own town is not always possible. I have come across several instances where I have had to travel to other towns in order to purchase something I needed because my town's store did not offer it. You must remember that at each level, the merchandise available is random. Not every town will carry the same items. A level 3 taylor in town A will not necessarily carry the same items as a level 3 taylor in town B. If it did, noone would ever buy from other towns and the income generated for the town from the stores would decrease drastically.