Stand idle or pay to sleep?

DeletedUser

Newbie question:

New town is up, no hotel yet, character is out of energy

1. Which is best: sit inactive for 9 hours?
2. Travel 30 minutes each way and pay to sleep?

DeletedUser

it would be better to sleep in a hotel for eight hours.OR:unsure: you send me telegram if you want to join my town which has a residence!!:D:D
just something to think about;)

DeletedUser

Facepalm

Well, you could get 24 energy by standing still for 8 hours, or 64 energy in 8 hours for the small sum of $10.

I would always go for the hotel, but that is up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you

Thanks for the math BlackJack... and thanks for covering yourself up a bit. Modesty is in. Sorry about the drinking problem.

Remember "This too shall pass."

DeletedUser

Well, you could get 30 energy by standing still for 8 hours, or 64 energy in 8 hours for the small sum of $10.

I would always go for the hotel, but that is up to you.

You will actually get 24 energy in 8 hours.

Hotels are much better, even 64 energy is not bad for only $10.

DeletedUser

Ugh. I didn't even do the math, I just wrote down something from a past calculation. Perhaps I was thinking about premium.

Jesus I let myself slip on that one.

On a side note, Thomas Hawk, you seem to have some kind of problem with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Black Jack,
Not that I'm an interpreter or none of that... but I think Thomas was merely referring to your caricature on the post-it rather than your character. She does look a wee bit apprehensive, what with that empty bottle and all. Perhaps the comments are a bit poorly framed but they appear to be without ill will or intention of incivility. The of course, Thomas could be an out-of-work comic, that being the case, we can see how that might have happened.

DeletedUser

...some kind of problem...
Nope. The thanks was sincere, and by "math" I meant "Thanks for giving me a specific and accurate number so that I could plan appropriately without spending a bunch of hours trying to figure the equation for myself."

DeletedUser

Perhaps I misunderstood, and that lingering idiotic feeling I have from this previous mistake is making it worse; or because I'm just cold and tired. If that is the case, I apologize.

Truthfully, the two posts you've made in response to me so far have both sounded rather threatening, and this third one also sounds pretty sarcastic. I can see it as humor - maybe a bit dry, considering the circumstances - but it just hits me at a wrong angle.

I try not to think as if everyone is out to get me, though most of the time, my intuition is right. Sorry about that.

DeletedUser

Yeah, a problem with the typed conversation... one cannot see the face, read the intent, or divine the meaning of typing-stuff, it lends to the confusion and frequently leads to flaming over misinterpretations. Seen it before, particularly when one does as you say, Black Jack, have a dry sense of humor. Then, sometimes, there is a ‘rub’ intended… one just never knows …
Best to all.