Votes: 40 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

hello
as we know Sheriff's function is not implemented yet, and some about the soldiers either. so i have a idea about it.
The sheriff and the soldier are both supposed to keep the town safe. maybe you can devlop a new work in the Sheriff:something as Patrol or Guard. Just like construction to worker, this new work is for soldier. Any body else can do this work when he has enough labor point(tactic, health etc).
when a soldier of the town is doing this work, all the duels the town recieves will pass on to this soldier.
this is my mainly idea. you can also change or add somthing.for ex: the level of the Sheriff decide the max possible nomber of soldiers who do this work at same time.

thx for thinking about it

DeletedUser

:D Excellent, I like it a lot, leave the nice peaceful town folk to continue building the town.

DeletedUser

There is a weakness in the soldier function. they are only strong in defence. therefore you just don't fight them. Don't really have a solution to this but they don't really stop gunfighters attacking weaker town members.......they just protect themselves. Wish i'd chosen soldier [sniff]

DeletedUser

There is a weakness in the soldier function. they are only strong in defence. therefore you just don't fight them. Don't really have a solution to this but they don't really stop gunfighters attacking weaker town members.......they just protect themselves. Wish i'd chosen soldier [sniff]

So with this idea, soldiers will be able to protect other members. If a dueler wanna attack anyone, the garding soldier should be knocked out into hotel before the duel by somebody else. The dueler can get experience if he wins, but not money. And the garding soldier gets also some experience from the work, and from the duel if he can beat any attackers.

DeletedUser

hello
as we know Sheriff's function is not implemented yet, and some about the soldiers either. so i have a idea about it.
The sheriff and the soldier are both supposed to keep the town safe. maybe you can devlop a new work in the Sheriff:something as Patrol or Guard. Just like construction to worker, this new work is for soldier. Any body else can do this work when he has enough labor point(tactic, health etc).
when a soldier of the town is doing this work, all the duels the town recieves will pass on to this soldier.
this is my mainly idea. you can also change or add somthing.for ex: the level of the Sheriff decide the max possible nomber of soldiers who do this work at same time.

thx for thinking about it
make a poll on it!!! i like the idea!!

DeletedUser

Its been on the list for awhile i have heard. As to what he actually DOES i have no clue

DeletedUser1105

It is on the list on the german server about future updates.

When (and if) it comes here is unknown.

As for this idea, I'm not sure. I'm gonna reserve my judgement until I think about it some more.

DeletedUser

It is on the list on the german server about future updates.

When (and if) it comes here is unknown.

As for this idea, I'm not sure. I'm gonna reserve my judgement until I think about it some more.
can you give me a link about this?

DeletedUser

I like the sheriff but I do not agree with your idea longlegboy. The sheriff must be chosen by the town's mayor. The sheriff has some unique privileges but he doesn't have to be of soldier type.

DeletedUser

and what happens if a duelist meanders into a town full of soldier class characters?

DeletedUser

I agree thet the sheriff shouldn't hafta be jest a soldier type character. a explorer or gunfighter should be allowed as well. I wis the cowboy was in a different catigory as I think they should be allowed to as well, but definately the undertaker, quakers, an' Craftsmen should be out of it. fer ease of set up though all workers would hafta be excluded. as far as territory goes, if I understand it right yur tryin' ta set up 2 groups an' have either a soldier or Sheriff over a town. my thought would be thet a Sheriff is over town an' soldiers 9maybe 10 or 20 per map section could build a fort an' reside there an' have jurisdiction over thet whole block in which thier fort is in. Ifin' ya wanted ta go further then ya could even have a marshal set up over certian multiple section blocks. Iin ya wanted it ta have it so only special characters could do these then I'd have. adventurer, soldier, dueler could be sheriff, Adventurer, soldier could be in the fort, an' soldier, dueler could be marshal (only exceptions would hafta be the outlaws).

These are my thoughts on it.

DeletedUser

no they should let the founder decide who can be what, that would be ridiculous if certain jobs could only be held by certain people. Also the whole "soldier defending the town" would be bad because then you would just get a really high sheriff and your town is invincible, that defeats the purpose of dueling if you can't pick who you want to duel. even if you do duel someone they can always duel you back or get a stronger town member to.

DeletedUser1105

Yeah I don't think it is fair that duellers will not be able to duel whoever they want. This idea would restrict the duellers, especially later in the game when there are less towns to visit (I assume that smaller towns will be eaten up by bigger towns nearby).

DeletedUser

I propose that duelling should be as profitable as working. it currently isn't. Even a premium player can only have 4 duels per day. the average earning from this is about $70.Again i have no 'in principle' objections to this kind of thing but only if you make it possible for a dueller to be able to suceed. under this proposal one just wouldn't have enough motiavtion to knock out the first man, let alone the rest. So tweak it to make it fair and i'm all for it. As you rightly point out, it does give a meaning to the otherwise rather redundant soldier class. however if you expect me to knock out a soldier then i'm gonna need an extra 5 duels per day AND to be able to challenge him immediately after each bout. surely you don't expect a dueller to sit at a computer for 5X 1 hour ten miniutes ie 6 hours before he can stand any chance of making a buck. So yes keep these suggestions coming but can someone who makes these counter-duelling strategies be fair minded about it. I have supported several ideas against duelling interests but see precious little recognition on the opposing side of the arguement.

DeletedUser1105

I agree with Ulthor. Whatever ideas are made need to be fair for all concerned. I think people are not really considering both sides of the coin when they propose ideas sometimes. A little bit more time into these ideas could make a huge difference in the support they recieve.