Changing clothes

DeletedUser3543

When does the effect of wearing clothes take effect?

For example I schedule job a, wearing black rags, and all is good.

However I then want to schedule job b which requires brown rags to get the maximum job points - ie I have one job point with the black rags but can have 6 if I change to brown rags.

Presumably - since you get a message when trying to remove clothes that are needed and can't take them off - the job points are used for the calculation at the very end of the job....

So, can I schedule job b, then whilst I am busy at work on job b, having completed job a, get changed and reap the benefits the extra job points would bring???

DeletedUser

Brown rags (+1 traps, +2 vigor, +2 reflex) vs Black rags (+3 traps, +2 tactics) gives you a 5 pt bump??? should be even number, not odd....

Was thinking of testing this once (on construction), but free automation ran out, and wasn't too happy about "wasting" money KNOWing I wouldn't get max return-
Maybe if reports were expanded to include number of labour pts?

DeletedUser

When does the effect of wearing clothes take effect?

For example I schedule job a, wearing black rags, and all is good.

However I then want to schedule job b which requires brown rags to get the maximum job points - ie I have one job point with the black rags but can have 6 if I change to brown rags.

Presumably - since you get a message when trying to remove clothes that are needed and can't take them off - the job points are used for the calculation at the very end of the job....

So, can I schedule job b, then whilst I am busy at work on job b, having completed job a, get changed and reap the benefits the extra job points would bring???

What do you mean?

DeletedUser

okay, Assassin, lets imagine you have automation, and want to schedule 4 jobs- horse breaking, trading, telegraph poles, and claims.
You want to wear your green shirt, black cap and indian beads while horse breaking, but you want to wear your bowler hat, yellow shirt and cross while trading.
So, When do you change clothes? are your labour pts calculated when you queue the jobs, when you start the jobs, or when you finish the jobs?

DeletedUser

PS the four jobs I chose as examples are 4 jobs I can do with at least 5+ Labor, if I am wearing the proper clothes. I don't think I actually could queue more than 3 of them with the same outfit, tho

DeletedUser

the labour points are calculated when you start it and at the end. i read that somewhere lol

DeletedUser3543

Any answer from the developers, or is it another secret?

DeletedUser

I would have thought they are calculated at the beginning of a job

DeletedUser3543

the labour points are calculated when you start it and at the end. i read that somewhere lol

If that's the case, you have the time it takes to travel between jobs to change the clothes...

OxoTower said:
I would have thought they are calculated at the beginning of a job

Then why can't you change clothes half way through a job?

DeletedUser3543

And then, frustratingly, when you have a two minute gap in which to get changed, the world becomes inconveniently unavailable.....

DeletedUser3543

Someone must have an answer to the original question surely???

DeletedUser1105

If that's the case, you have the time it takes to travel between jobs to change the clothes...

Then why can't you change clothes half way through a job?

It works it out once you click on a job and add it to your schedule.

You can't change halfway through a job because you need that item to do the job. I.e. if you need the black headband to cut trees, you can't take it off whilst you are cutting trees because then you wouldn't have enough labor points.

DeletedUser3543

You can't change halfway through a job because you need that item to do the job. I.e. if you need the black headband to cut trees, you can't take it off whilst you are cutting trees because then you wouldn't have enough labor points.

So there is absolutely no value in having the premium that allows you to queue more than 2 jobs.

In fact there's not much point to the ability to queue jobs if that is the case???

DeletedUser1105

Why not? You can queue jobs that you can do with what you have on.

If you need to change clothes and do a job, then get your butt online and do it when it's needed. You can't expect the game to be completely automated, or you might as well take the fun out of it.

DeletedUser3543

Why not? You can queue jobs that you can do with what you have on.

If you need to change clothes and do a job, then get your butt online and do it when it's needed. You can't expect the game to be completely automated, or you might as well take the fun out of it.

Sometimes it's not a question of 'needing' the clothes to do a job, but 'wanting' them to maximise the labour points...

DeletedUser

This is partially correct. Supposedly you don't have enough labor points for a job, but wearing the black headband you are able to. So if you try to remove the headband during work the game will not allow you.

However, I can assure you that, if with or without the item you are still able to do the job, then you can change items while working. I have done this and since the labor points on the job screen are updated I believe that putting different clothes on has an immediate effect.

Still, it is only a guess.

DeletedUser1105

But does it take away that items effect on the current job, seeing as you ar eno longer wearing it whilst working?

DeletedUser3543

This is partially correct. Supposedly you don't have enough labor points for a job, but wearing the black headband you are able to. So if you try to remove the headband during work the game will not allow you.

However, I can assure you that, if with or without the item you are still able to do the job, then you can change items while working. I have done this and since the labor points on the job screen are updated I believe that putting different clothes on has an immediate effect.

Still, it is only a guess.

But does it take away that items effect on the current job, seeing as you ar eno longer wearing it whilst working?

Which brings us back to my original question, is the final 'tally' for the job - experience / money gained / items found - worked out when the job is started [and the clothes worn], or when it finishes [and the clothes worn at that time]????